Healer and tank mains quitting

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
Hope you've got some sort of plan.

Good luck with your esports.
Highly Rated
After the Mercy changes I had the audacity to defend them, to say they wanted supports to be happy by giving us high-impact heroes who can do a lot for their team.

These changes across the board say "we want the DPS to have the best time, not just anyone."
I actually recently decided to be a tank main, and I'm playing now more than ever. Where do people get the idea that so many folks are leaving the game?
10/04/2017 04:11 PMPosted by ZephyrChild
I actually recently decided to be a tank main, and I'm playing now more than ever. Where do people get the idea that so many folks are leaving the game?

Nobody ever said anything about quitting the game, just quitting support.
Are we? After the Mercy changes I moved to be more of an Ana main and she is still support(also moved from D.va to Reinhardt for tanking). I've heard of plenty of people picking up Mercy to replace me, and I doubt the PTR nerf will cause most of them to drop support altogether. I've seen a lot more tanks this season than last season, even the ones that weren't changed. I really don't see the death of those roles occuring as repeatedly predicted after every change.
Yep, forget this game. Yet another video game casualty to appease esports.
Highly Rated
I'm in a Discord with a couple dozen healer and tank mains.

This isn't a problem that surprised anyone. This is just a catalyst for the Mercy mains to finally quit. Once they quit, tanks won't play any more because they need reliable healers to perform well.

Cascade failure.
Even EeveeA says he's going to quit if these nerfs go through
10/04/2017 04:35 PMPosted by lilharlot
Even EeveeA says he's going to quit if these nerfs go through

Yeah it's starting to look grim out there for the old Overwatch development team.

Hero 26 was apparently DPS (excuse me...non-healing support, whatever that means) which is why we're not getting that hero.

I suspect they've shuffled their hero development deck to put healers and tanks in the front of the line, but it may be too little too late.
Don't worry, I'll fill
It's time to stop chasing esports or wind up like Street Fighter 5
Lucio mains got hit by these support nerfs as well with the burst of speed removal from wall riding. not looking good fellow supports
They are getting exactly what they want, Pure DPS Teams, because Team wipes bring crowds, preventing doesn't.
10/05/2017 01:55 PMPosted by Acanarina
They are getting exactly what they want, Pure DPS Teams, because Team wipes bring crowds, preventing doesn't.

Yep.
Hi, I main support/flex. I will still be playing.
Yes, everyone upset by this Mercy dupster shows it in their own way. Some of the world's best Mercy mains are flat out quitting, some of us are instalocking widow or DPS from now on, and some of us (in my case) are going tank every time they can or symmetra
Honestly, WHY is the fresh FRICK doesn't the Overwatch team just say, "F*** it, remove tanks, healers, and add 50 more DPS" Which is pretty much what they're doing imo.
Well, all is not lost, we have a small reprieve.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759218114#post-6
You mean just the mercy mains since those are the only ones who threaten to leave every time when Blizzard says she is going to get changes.
*Blizzard accidentally makes Mercy way too strong when trying to make her more fun to play*

*After just two weeks, they're getting concrete progress into how to bring her back to her previous state of balance*

Healer mains: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Buff Ana instead, powercreep is good for the game because everyone is mean to us