Healer and tank mains quitting

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
Who is the thread necromancer??
Does it matter? Aren't they making a new forums in like a day?

but I think it was Mercy who necro'd the thread
10/04/2017 04:06 PMPosted by Ardent
Hope you've got some sort of plan.

Good luck with your esports.

Doom prawn. You may have a future at ZeroHedge.
02/18/2018 06:29 PMPosted by iTANK
I never understood the whole "DpS mAiNs ArE rUiNiNg ThIs GaMe" mentality. I came to terms with DPS just being more fun than supports a long time ago. The difference is that tanks and supports are more gratifying. I found a nice compromise with my main, and if people like the pew pew dudes, then more power to 'em... just so they aren't dicks about it. Same thing goes to supports.
I never had the mentality that DPS is ruining the game. More that it tends to be the DPS players think they are more important than the team and don't help support at all. The kind of DPS player that makes me mad is the kind that would watch me try and fly over to them and then run from my line of view when enemies swarm for me. Or aren't near the objective or payload trying to get play of the game. But the second I die they need healing.
02/18/2018 07:00 PMPosted by AkatsukiSwag
02/18/2018 06:29 PMPosted by iTANK
I never understood the whole "DpS mAiNs ArE rUiNiNg ThIs GaMe" mentality. I came to terms with DPS just being more fun than supports a long time ago. The difference is that tanks and supports are more gratifying. I found a nice compromise with my main, and if people like the pew pew dudes, then more power to 'em... just so they aren't dicks about it. Same thing goes to supports.
I never had the mentality that DPS is ruining the game. More that it tends to be the DPS players think they are more important than the team and don't help support at all. The kind of DPS player that makes me mad is the kind that would watch me try and fly over to them and then run from my line of view when enemies swarm for me. Or aren't near the objective or payload trying to get play of the game. But the second I die they need healing.

I understand that completely, and I'm sorry that I made it seem like that post was directed towards you. It was directly aimed to some of the support mains* that think they're better than everyone for playing a class with heals, much like some of the arseholes that play DPS tend to do with some cases.

* I hate to be the guy to generalize a group of players, but I see a lot of Mercy mains getting pissed over these types of things.
In my experience you're much more likely to have a DPS whining about heals than a healer whining that the DPS isn't inflicting enough damage and getting kills. I therefore weep less for the abused DPS in general. But then again, it only makes sense to me to judge players, not classes, on a case by case basis.
Healer and tank mains quitting
Hope you've got some sort of plan.

Good luck with your esports.

Do you have some chart, showing the statistics on this or just like some anecdotes about how "My friend said he's not going to play Mercy anymore!"

Because surely you wouldn't make a statement like that without actual proof.
02/18/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Maxy
Isn't the general gist more or less still relevant? The forums are gonna be nuked anyways so meh.

Fair point.
I used to be a shield/heal main, now i mostly play dps and i have fun and play(s) of the game(s).

Screw this play fair play nice thing, blizzard made me deal with it now
I like being a tank main, getting kills is satisfying yes but knowing that you are blocking tons of damage with your barriers and protecting your team while making space for them is the gameplay I like and enjoy.
Blizzard.
Please autolock threads with no post-activity within say 2 weeks. Thank you.