Defence on Junkertown is a loss?

General Discussion
I don't know why, but I haven't won a single game on defence on Junkertown and I always have an easy win on that map. Is this just a very weird coincidence or does anyone have the same problem?
There's only like 2 good chokes on that map, you lose either (which is very easy to do without a decent comp) and it's gg.
Yeah was gonna say, not many chokes and a metric ton of alternate routes for the attacking team to flank you with. I've won a few but almost always by holding the payload at a particular spot and it was a hard fight to be sure.
first point favors attack, the second and third points are perhaps the most balanced of the new maps, if not the game entirely.

the problem is one of momentum when it comes to payload maps. usually things steamroll into chaos when teams take the first point too easily. teams tend to be unwilling to allow an easy second point cap to properly group up to stop them at the 3rd. so they will go in haphazardly to try and delay the other team at the second point, which further steamrolls them to get really far in the 3rd point, then it becomes a 4-5 minute hold for the last like 20 feet, which favors attack.
No its not. But you have to pay extra attention for flankers on this map. Playing directly on the payload at the start of the match isn't recommended!

Play back at the first choke, (where little bridge is) form a decent comp and it's a very hard map to win on attack!
It's definitely the hardest map to successfully defend on, but I've seen it happen a couple of times. Rare though.
2nd and 3rd point allow for some good high ground vs flank path dynamics. things sorely missing from a lot of maps.
Seriously ? the first 5 games I played I didnt even get to see past the first gate because Defence seems to always win.

Torb on the first point is lethal.
Co-ordinating with a good healer on defence and a couple tanks can provide untold grief to an attack team. Sometimes they struggle to even push the payload at all.
10/06/2017 03:10 PMPosted by Targaryen
Seriously ? the first 5 games I played I didnt even get to see past the first gate because Defence seems to always win.

Torb on the first point is lethal.
Co-ordinating with a good healer on defence and a couple tanks can provide untold grief to an attack team. Sometimes they struggle to even push the payload at all.

the wide open area on the first point favors attack more than defense, and there are flank paths right out of the gate, which is exacerbated by the shorter respawn distance.

the team being contained inside their base is just awful or completely outclassed.
But have you put a Torb or Bastion up on the spinning platform?
10/06/2017 02:44 PMPosted by Sebito
I don't know why, but I haven't won a single game on defence on Junkertown and I always have an easy win on that map. Is this just a very weird coincidence or does anyone have the same problem?

In the past week Junkertown was won 50.02% by attackers and 49.98% by defenders. It was actually the "most balanced" map of the week.

Eichenwalde was the most "unbalanced" with a 47.90% attacker win rate.
10/06/2017 03:43 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

In the past week Junkertown was won 50.02% by attackers and 49.98% by defenders. It was actually the "most balanced" map of the week.

thanks.

but i feel my most unbalanced map is numbani.

i really hate this map while i love eichenwalde

Why cant I upvote you. :(

Delicious data.

Is there a goal you keep to before re-approaching maps? Like, as long as it stays within 45%-55% it's considered alright?

Yeah, eichenwalde was so bad to attack on at the start of it's release. at least is much better now, though still slightly favoring the defenders.

Is there a specific point that is the problem?

wait, so does that mean each week a new map is "unbalanced"? What about Horizon?

another 10 minute stylosa video everyone on map balance
For some reason, Junkertown is just the best map in the game right now, in terms of team balance, and in terms of the whole art style and map prop design. (Chateau was the best for FFA.)

I really hope the OW team learned a lot from designing it, and uses it as a starting point when designing future maps, and when trying to balance the current ones.