What could have been done

PTR Feedback
-Res on cooldown at match start so it's not instantly available (and first picks mean something again)
-Lower Valkyrie duration to 12-15 seconds
-Lower Valkyrie Guardian Angel speed
-Lower Valkyrie beam range so Mercy has to be closer to the teamfight (and thus more vulnerable)
-Remove the constant self healing during Valkyrie regardless of damage taken, or lower the heal rate after taking damage
-Remove chain healing/damage boost since it encroaches on other ults

Any of these changes would have made Mercy easier to kill and counter (would in turn prevents her from using that 'OP' low cooldown res during ult)

Instead, they removed most of the impact of Mercy's trademark ability. I hardly recognize this hero anymore.

Heck, I would potentially be fine with implementing all the above nerfs if it allowed a res reset and at least a single additional, guaranteed tempo res during Valkyrie.
No? This is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard about this topic. You want to remove EVERYTHING that makes this ult an ULT. Just because it's Mercy, that doesn'T menas that she can't have a game-changing ult.
Keep her the way she is and remove rez then

10/16/2017 09:45 AMPosted by Andromeda
No? This is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard about this topic. You want to remove EVERYTHING that makes this ult an ULT. Just because it's Mercy, that doesn'T menas that she can't have a game-changing ult.
Keep her the way she is and remove rez then because she basically has 2 ults at the moment.
10/16/2017 09:00 AMPosted by JƐƐSH
-Res on cooldown at match start so it's not instantly available (and first picks mean something again)
-Lower Valkyrie duration to 12-15 seconds
-Lower Valkyrie Guardian Angel speed
-Lower Valkyrie beam range so Mercy has to be closer to the teamfight (and thus more vulnerable)
-Remove the constant self healing during Valkyrie regardless of damage taken, or lower the heal rate after taking damage
-Remove chain healing/damage boost since it encroaches on other ults

Any of these changes would have made Mercy easier to kill and counter (would in turn prevents her from using that 'OP' low cooldown res during ult)

Instead, they removed most of the impact of Mercy's trademark ability. I hardly recognize this hero anymore.

Heck, I would potentially be fine with implementing all the above nerfs if it allowed a res reset and at least a single additional, guaranteed tempo res during Valkyrie.

So her ult would just allow her to fly, reset E and shoot... and have a shorter duration ? I don't know what you're smoking but this is just straight up murdering the hero. And I hate mercy so that's saying something.
I guess even the mercy mains were feeling burnt out as the rest of us because they are now forced to play mercy 24/7 because she is mandatory not because they want to plat mercy, while also have to deal with the enemy mercy everytime, which is also frustrating.

But i think this is a good thing because now the mercy mains will kinda understand a little how it feels when dealing with the enemy mercy.