Bought a 144hz monitor

General Discussion
And it feels like Im playing with time manipulating super powers!
I just have more time to aim. I see things way more clear!
Its like i am playing a brand new game...

Please, if you still play on 60 hz, make yourself a favor and upgrade!
Yeah, it's like using XIM on console. It's that big of a boost.
Grats. Best upgrade I've ever made to my gaming rig was moving to 144-165hz 1440p. It changed my entire gaming experience.
Playing at 144hz is great. I also wrote a topic in the tech support forum about improving overall system performance to squeeze out even more performance and visual clarity that you should check out.

For those interested, remember use a HDMI 1.3 or a DVI cable to get the maximum possible refresh rate.
I wish my potato could run overwatch at 144fps Q_Q.
When I got mine I genuinely noticed zero difference, initially thought I had wasted my money. It was only when I went back to 60 that I noticed the difference.... it was a scary world I am glad I escaped from.
10/25/2017 12:41 PMPosted by WyomingMyst
Playing at 144hz is great. I also wrote a topic in the tech support forum about improving overall system performance to squeeze out even more performance and visual clarity that you should check out.

For those interested, remember use a HDMI 1.3 or a DVI cable to get the maximum possible refresh rate.

Well, usually the monitor comes with a proper cable? Mine did so.
I had a friend house sit for me while i was on vacation. He played for two weeks using my 144hz monitor... He says it ruined the game for him now that he is back home on his 60hz...
10/25/2017 12:49 PMPosted by KlaytoN

Well, usually the monitor comes with a proper cable? Mine did so.

You'd be surprised at times...
I don't know if you're allowed to link, but could you point the way to the monitor you got? :)
10/25/2017 12:47 PMPosted by Buttercult
When I got mine I genuinely noticed zero difference, initially thought I had wasted my money. It was only when I went back to 60 that I noticed the difference.... it was a scary world I am glad I escaped from.

I can definitely relate. I just cant believe I been playing on 60 hz for so many years.. Its ...horrible.! But , I noticed the difference immediately though!
10/25/2017 12:51 PMPosted by Jurgis
I don't know if you're allowed to link, but could you point the way to the monitor you got? :)

Its Asus vg248qe.
No, dvi and hdmi are not the right way to go. Your 144hz should use display port.
60hz laptop rippo
Pro tip for many 144+ users, netflix and some other streaming apps do not like high refresh monitors. If you are experiencing problems set your monitor to 120 or below while using those services.
10/25/2017 12:57 PMPosted by Eota
No, dvi and hdmi are not the right way to go. Your 144hz should use display port.

That is true, not all monitors have Display Port yet though...
60Hz = Shuriken
144Hz = Dragonblade

Grats on pressing Q dude. Money well spent
I have a 144hz monitor, but I needed to use a dual-link dvi adapter. And I still can't run full 144hz, because I get static. Even at 120 my screen will randomly black out for a second or two.
10/25/2017 01:00 PMPosted by Blam320
I have a 144hz monitor, but I needed to use a dual-link dvi adapter. And I still can't run full 144hz, because I get static. Even at 120 my screen will randomly black out for a second or two.

Sounds like you need a card with DisplayPort out.
don't you need least a 1080ti and 7700 to run overwatch at 120fps+