"Switch or you're being uncooperative"

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 Next
Yeah, its pretty bad.

I had a game last night where out of 4 DPS I was at 37 and 10 with gold damage and silver elims (I was junkrat) then this three stack made a big production that they were gonna report me for throwing... Even though out of all 3 of em I made up 30% of the teams damage.

I seriously hope that a human being actually looks at these reports, I also hope theres a way to appeal these reports in case there is a false positive.
11/15/2017 12:47 PMPosted by PRAXULON
Yeah, its pretty bad.

I had a game last night where out of 4 DPS I was at 37 and 10 with gold damage and silver elims (I was junkrat) then this three stack made a big production that they were gonna report me for throwing... Even though out of all 3 of em I made up 30% of the teams damage.

I seriously hope that a human being actually looks at these reports, I also hope theres a way to appeal these reports in case there is a false positive.

looks like they go off of how meany reports you get.
Surely it's wrong to swap out of Torb/Sym on KOTH or attacking. Surely it's your team causing you to lose, not your pick at all.

Why don't we see these two heroes completely dominating the pro scene again? Oh right. They are niche picks for specific situations. Yeaaaah. Hold on, why are certain players using these niche picks in every situation possible?
11/15/2017 01:00 PMPosted by nagisasama
Surely it's wrong to swap out of Torb/Sym on KOTH or attacking. Surely it's your team causing you to lose, not your pick at all.

Why don't we see these two heroes completely dominating the pro scene again? Oh right. They are niche picks for specific situations. Yeaaaah. Hold on, why are certain players using these niche picks in every situation possible?

The Sr system is the problem. It rewards padding stats.

Yet they've managed to make their niche pick work to the level of people who only conform to the meta. Just because you want to enforce a meta doesn't mean people are going to agree.

Much in the same way you think you only picking Roadhog is helping your team, they think only picking their main is helping the team.

Edit: Also, I remember you. You said you wanted one tricks to be banned. Yet, you're a Roadhog one trick, so because you're playing the meta, you shouldn't be banned.
11/12/2017 12:58 PMPosted by Azrael
And now the most prime example of toxicity is going to be encouraged and enforced by Blizzard? Wow

Exactly this.
Except the person telling you to switch can be wrong.

If you're playing the hero you think gives your team the best chance of winning, and someone tells you to switch, you aren't being "uncooperative" by not doing it. The toxic player who chooses to and report and blame specific teammates for a loss before the game even starts is the one being uncooperative.

Of course the Soldier who can't hit Pharah isn't going to admit they're the problem. They're going to say "Torb switch" and use him as a scapegoat, even though Torb's doing his job, because it's easy.

And now the most prime example of toxicity is going to be encouraged and enforced by Blizzard? Wow.

So remember, the next time the worst player on your team tells you what hero you're going to play, you have to do what they say or you'll be banned for being uncooperative.

If the entire team is telling you to switch, at that point it doesn't matter if you agree or not.
11/15/2017 12:47 PMPosted by PRAXULON

Hope is all you have .. because there's no one looking at reports. You just get punished. Then, you can contact CS so that they can look if you actually used chat. If you used chat, you're guilty .. ;). And here I thought you need to be a genius programer to work for Blizzard ..

There is a way .. if you can prove that your account was stolen, or your (nasty) brother played on it - you'll be unbanned ...
11/15/2017 05:27 AMPosted by GrayFlag
11/15/2017 05:17 AMPosted by Banned

Sadly, this isn't true.

Fuey's ban will expire, a small fraction of a small minority of players will continue getting bans, and then a larger part of the community will gaslight them because there's no twitch streams as proof.

The fury will die off with no change to the system.

I hope you are not right.

Still, I trust and know that there are many people who have moral backbone against institutionalized bullying, both in playerbase and probably at the Blizzard Dev team too. I want to give them a chance to think things through - previously, they have went back on hero changes that were shown to be mistakes. I haven't lost all my faith.

I will await their 3. reply to the subject for a little while longer - but until it comes, I won't touch Overwatch, and I suggest that everyone who feels this is a question that must be answered does the same.
Look at the tank thread getting uncapped while the big hero ban thread is still locked. it’s already happened.
11/15/2017 01:29 PMPosted by Zombie

Yet they've managed to make their niche pick work to the level of people who only conform to the meta. Just because you want to enforce a meta doesn't mean people are going to agree.

Much in the same way you think you only picking Roadhog is helping your team, they think only picking their main is helping the team.

Edit: Also, I remember you. You said you wanted one tricks to be banned. Yet, you're a Roadhog one trick, so because you're playing the meta, you shouldn't be banned.

I think you completely missed the point of his post. He's obviously not against one tricks.
11/15/2017 01:39 PMPosted by TheReinhardt
Look at the tank thread getting uncapped while the big hero ban thread is still locked. it’s already happened.

WTF
11/15/2017 01:47 PMPosted by skudoops
11/15/2017 01:29 PMPosted by Zombie

I think you completely missed the point of his post. He's obviously not against one tricks.

Well, no. He isn't against one tricking, unless they're Torbjorn one tricks from what it seems given what posts I've seen by him.
you aren't being "uncooperative" by not doing it.

I love being uncooperative when i did half enemy team almost all fights and my team still die and every1 blame me
11/15/2017 01:33 PMPosted by mk8000
Except the person telling you to switch can be wrong.

If you're playing the hero you think gives your team the best chance of winning, and someone tells you to switch, you aren't being "uncooperative" by not doing it. The toxic player who chooses to and report and blame specific teammates for a loss before the game even starts is the one being uncooperative.

Of course the Soldier who can't hit Pharah isn't going to admit they're the problem. They're going to say "Torb switch" and use him as a scapegoat, even though Torb's doing his job, because it's easy.

And now the most prime example of toxicity is going to be encouraged and enforced by Blizzard? Wow.

So remember, the next time the worst player on your team tells you what hero you're going to play, you have to do what they say or you'll be banned for being uncooperative.

If the entire team is telling you to switch, at that point it doesn't matter if you agree or not.
"Me and my four friends think you should kys, and if you dont are being uncooperative and i will report you."

Does your argument still hold up in this scenario?
11/15/2017 02:09 PMPosted by Lemon
11/15/2017 01:33 PMPosted by mk8000

"Me and my four friends think you should kys, and if you dont are being uncooperative and i will report you."

This might be an unfamiliar analogy to you but if you're on a sports team (football, basketball, etc) and every single one of your teammates thinks you should do something a certain way and you defy them and do it a different way, right or wrong, you shouldn't be on that team and you won't be for long.

In a team game you need full cooperation. If everyone else is in agreement about something your only choice is to compromise and fall in line, or leave.
The Torb player was banned because he played ONLY Torb in Competitive Mode. Only Torb. Never switched. Once. Only Torb. Ever.

It doesn't matter what Hero you play. It doesn't matter how good you are on said Hero. If you are only able play one Hero in Competitive Mode. Ever. And will never once switch off. Even if needed in order to increase your teams chances of winning at that moment, then you don't belong in Competitive Mode.
11/15/2017 03:21 PMPosted by Sofrito
The Torb player was banned because he played ONLY Torb in Competitive Mode. Only Torb. Never switched. Once. Only Torb. Ever.

It doesn't matter what Hero you play. It doesn't matter how good you are on said Hero. If you are only able play one Hero in Competitive Mode. Ever. And will never once switch off. Even if needed in order to increase your teams chances of winning at that moment, then you don't belong in Competitive Mode.

But If you one trick Tracer, Genji, Winston, Mercy, McCree, Lúcio will you be ban for not switching? NO you will not.

If your going to start banning people for one tricking you need to ban all of them not just the Torbjörns and Symmetras.
11/15/2017 02:04 PMPosted by Zombie
11/15/2017 01:47 PMPosted by skudoops

Well, no. He isn't against one tricking, unless they're Torbjorn one tricks from what it seems given what posts I've seen by him.

One day, when you actually get out of gold and take rank more seriously; perhaps you too will feel the 0 impact players playing their "niche" picks who refuse to swap. This 60% blah blah bs is getting really old.
11/15/2017 03:35 PMPosted by Vulkan
11/15/2017 03:21 PMPosted by Sofrito

But If you one trick Tracer, Genji, Winston, Mercy, McCree, Lúcio will you be ban for not switching? NO you will not.

If your going to start banning people for one tricking you need to ban all of them not just the Torbjörns and Symmetras.

Notice how I said it doesn't matter what Hero you play. I completely agree with this. At some point, no matter what Hero you play, you are going to encounter a situation in a match where swapping to a different Hero will benefit your team more than your current Hero selection. Even if it's just for a few minutes. If you are incapable of doing this....no matter who you play....then you should be banned from Competitive Mode until you can.
11/15/2017 03:20 PMPosted by mk8000
11/15/2017 02:09 PMPosted by Lemon
..."Me and my four friends think you should kys, and if you dont are being uncooperative and i will report you."

This might be an unfamiliar analogy to you but if you're on a sports team (football, basketball, etc) and every single one of your teammates thinks you should do something a certain way and you defy them and do it a different way, right or wrong, you shouldn't be on that team and you won't be for long.

In a team game you need full cooperation. If everyone else is in agreement about something your only choice is to compromise and fall in line, or leave.
You get penalized for leaving in competitve. If this is the case solo q shouldnt exist then because there is no point if your skills with certain heroes goes unutilized and then become a derrimwnt to your own team from habing to play something theu approve of you legitimately arent good with.

As with sports they get to pick who gets to be on the team to begin with but this random matchmaking based on some criteria.

In this case it would make more sense to not allow the solo quing altogether if this is how it is going to be which will make entry into the game mode morw difficult for those who do not have enough friends to reliably play that game mode frequently.

That is not a barrier i think they would put in place duw to how difficult it would be to get a full team. They would habe to make a seperate compwtitve mode altogether for that type of play.