Gaining 2 SR has GOT to STOP

Competitive Discussion
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Jedc75/video/36448103

We pushed them off first point pretty fast and were able to combo DM with my Hog ult to get rid of torb molten core turret and push several off the point and get them down to about half, to stagger them, they died and couldn't manage to get a full group back together dying a couple at a time so we took second point shortly after. they were 2 down for the second round so it was mostly just fendiong off any stragglers like sombra and tracer trying to sneak the point.

So naturally we win the game, then I get a whole whopping 2 SR gain. Any way you try to justify that doesn't really work. Personal performance is going to be lower since they don't have the people for us to kill and therefore get stats(even though you can see I didn't die once), but taking a point fast or the opponent leaving should not be penalized on the winning team.

There is also supposedly a theory about a bug where someones leaver penalty on your team in a previous game does not get applied and it messes with your SR the next game or something, however my last game didn't have a leaver and this one only had leavers on there side. Either way, even if it is a bug, it still needs to get fixed. This has been an issue for quite awhile now, it's crazy that it hasn't been handled before now.
Holy cow that's embarrassing! I hope Blizz looks into this!
I always thought it started at like a base of 20 SR for a win then personal performance could increase it by like 10 max. That seems pretty crazy. Were the teams really mismatched? Like at the start did they have a huge disadvantage?
Were you, by any chance, coming off a big losing streak? If that's the case, your mmr has lowered so much that, well, the game can only give you 2 points because your SR is higher than your mmr.

If not, some blizzard magic is at work.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
Whenever this happens its usually because the player used more than three heroes. In the current SR system you should use maybe 1-3 heroes. Three is on the high end though. If you use more the than that the system tanks your SR gains.

Edit: Thanks for the down vote. I wasn't saying to only use 1-2 heroes a game. I'm just saying that when you use 5+ the system tanks your SR. You can't perform statistically well with a bunch of heroes in one game. The OW team needs to rework the SR/MMR system. Right now flexing in game hurts your SR.
09/14/2017 10:48 PMPosted by ZapRowsdower
I always thought it started at like a base of 20 SR for a win then personal performance could increase it by like 10 max. That seems pretty crazy. Were the teams really mismatched? Like at the start did they have a huge disadvantage?

Not that I remember, the only time we had an advantage is when they started leaving after we began to sweep them

09/15/2017 02:30 AMPosted by Tankz
Were you, by any chance, coming off a big !@# losing streak? If that's the case, your mmr has lowered so much that, well, the game can only give you 2 points because your SR is higher than your mmr.

If not, some blizzard magic is at work.

Nope, I went 4-0 that session.

09/15/2017 02:43 AMPosted by Merle
Whenever this happens its usually because the player used more than three heroes. In the current SR system you should use maybe 1-3 heroes. Three is on the high end though. If you use more the than that the system tanks your SR gains.

You can see who I used in the clip, I used Roadhog on offense and Sombra on defense, also didn't die once during the game.

Edit: Thanks for the down vote.

I haven't up or downvoted anything atm.
Did this stuff happen to you in the match before?

Had a leaver on your team.
You weren't the leaver.
Left after the 2 minute wait period was up.

Then you might be facing this.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759096240
09/15/2017 07:33 AMPosted by Cheese
Did this stuff happen to you in the match before?

Had a leaver on your team.
You weren't the leaver.
Left after the 2 minute wait period was up.

Then you might be facing this.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759096240

09/14/2017 08:50 PMPosted by jedc22
There is also supposedly a theory about a bug where someones leaver penalty on your team in a previous game does not get applied and it messes with your SR the next game or something, however my last game didn't have a leaver and this one only had leavers on there side. Either way, even if it is a bug, it still needs to get fixed. This has been an issue for quite awhile now, it's crazy that it hasn't been handled before now.

Nope. We won the last game, and the 2 before that.
09/15/2017 07:45 AMPosted by jedc22

Did you have a large stack? 3 or more?

Edit: Doesn't look like it.

We pushed them off first point pretty fast and were able to combo DM with my Hog ult to get rid of torb molten core turret and push several off the point and get them down to about half, to stagger them, they died and couldn't manage to get a full group back together dying a couple at a time so we took second point shortly after. they were 2 down for the second round so it was mostly just fendiong off any stragglers like sombra and tracer trying to sneak the point.

So naturally we win the game, then I get a whole whopping 2 SR gain. Any way you try to justify that doesn't really work. Personal performance is going to be lower since they don't have the people for us to kill and therefore get stats(even though you can see I didn't die once), but taking a point fast or the opponent leaving should not be penalized on the winning team.

Something like that happened to me. Had a leaver, game right after was a win for 4 SR.

Edit: the real problem is that there are some games that you cannot perform "well" in. Lets say we crush the enemy team and they give up. Unless some kind-hearted enemy Roadhog decides to let me pad the damage numbers on him, theres no way for me to get a good performance.

What if its a loss and we have a leaver? Certainly its impossible for me to do well.

Blizzard implemented a system that looks too much at performance. A win should always grant 20 SR no matter what, with another 10 potentially coming from how well you did. A loss should always take 20 SR with another 10 based on how poorly you did. Instead it appears theres some kind of mindless "performance only" metric they're using.

Ideally you want a system that recognizes skill over winrate, but this system doesn't know when to stop looking at performance.

Edit: Thanks for the down vote. I wasn't saying to only use 1-2 heroes a game. I'm just saying that when you use 5+ the system tanks your SR. You can't perform statistically well with a bunch of heroes in one game. The OW team needs to rework the SR/MMR system. Right now flexing in game hurts your SR.

IDK what you are talking about but I had one game where I switched 9 times because someone on the other team kept switching to counter. I kept switching to counter them, won and got my usual 25-30 sr for the win.
09/15/2017 07:51 AMPosted by Cheese
09/15/2017 07:45 AMPosted by jedc22

Did you have a large stack? 3 or more?

Edit: Doesn't look like it.

Nope, I was solo queing

09/15/2017 08:01 AMPosted by Kori
Ideally you want a system that recognizes skill over winrate, but this system doesn't know when to stop looking at performance.

At this point, there are so many variables the system can't even measure that how big of an effect can performance even have? Doesn't seem like it is needed, I understand not wanting to lose as much if you did more or wanting more if you carried your team, but if you can carry and they can't they're going to go back to where they were and you're going to keep going up either way.

Did you have leaver game before and left after 2 minutes timer?
Every time I leave after timer, the next game I get exactly 2SR gain if I win.
Reported this bug many times - no feedback so far. I just stopped leaving games even when I am the only one to stay in :(
What makes the 1-10 SR gains extra salty is that I've never lost less than 15 SR
What the hell... the least amount of SR that I have ever gotten is 17.. My friend got 3 SR only one time and the highest SR amount I have got was literally 100.

Check my last post, I also got 2 SR yesterday
So It wasn't exactly 2sr this time, but I went 4-4 as mercy with 18 res (32% of team deaths ressurected) testing the new mercy, we win and I gain 12 SR? seriously what is up with this system.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Jedc75/screenshot/7333114