Please do something about players trapped in Bronze

Competitive Discussion
Agreed. If you believe your problem is team mates, then group up and pick good team mates.

But also, any person in Bronze that can't climb, needs to seriously take a step back and evaluate their gameplay, or have someone else point out things they can't see. I didn't start to rise until I heavily critiqued my tracking, positioning, communication, etc. Why should a person's rank increase if they believe they are playing the best they can? Focus on yourself and where you can do better rather than obsessing over how your team mates perform. If you can even notice how your gameplay has improved, you'll have better self confidence alone rather than worrying about if the SR reflects that. Who knows, your SR MAY just happen to increase along side it.
You know if they helped Bronze players get out of Bronze you'd just be playing with the same Bronze players with a silver icon instead...?
10/01/2017 09:22 PMPosted by AMEN
silver and gold are not much different man...

in fact, platinum and diamond aren't much different.

And Master.

And even Grandmaster.
10/02/2017 01:43 AMPosted by Metsik
The only difference between bronze and gold is aim and sometimes positioning.

Real bronze players don't make headshots. Silver players make some headshots. Golds make slightly more. Doing well doesn't always turn into wins.

You have to play on the same level as a gold to get out of bronze.

Hey Metsik long time no see !

I just wanted to say since i visited bronze, silver and gold that no dps here make headshots in any brackets.

BUT

They do a lot more bodyshots and by extension kills than in bronze.

I just reached plat and didn't played since then, but i do not think i'll see much headshots there either.
10/03/2017 04:37 PMPosted by Stoneworld
10/02/2017 01:43 AMPosted by Metsik
The only difference between bronze and gold is aim and sometimes positioning.

Real bronze players don't make headshots. Silver players make some headshots. Golds make slightly more. Doing well doesn't always turn into wins.

You have to play on the same level as a gold to get out of bronze.

Hey Metsik long time no see !

I just wanted to say since i visited bronze, silver and gold that no dps here make headshots in any brackets.

BUT

They do a lot more bodyshots and by extension kills than in bronze.

I just reached plat and didn't played since then, but i do not think i'll see much headshots there either.

I would say I probably belong in low gold or high silver and I make headshots with a tiny amount of freqency.

Metsik is pretty correct that natural bronzes don't make those shots at all really.
If you think the problem is from your team mates. Cannot help you there. Everyone at bronze is stuck with the same problem as you. There is no magical way to only make you win and others lose.

If you think the problem is from your own gameplay. Well you have already taken the first step to improving. Admitting something is wrong with yourself.

1. Record some VODs so people can help you see mistakes you won't notice yourself. Another pespective is the most helpful thing to improving. That's why even pros have coaches.

2. Improve your mechanics. The game uses performance based SR. The only way to get more SR is being GOOD AT the heroes you play CONSISTENTLY. One or two rounds of amazing games doesn't mean you instantly belong in GM. You need to ALWAYS be doing better than players from your own rank to get SR net gain from multiple matches.

3. Patience. Whenever you feel like giving up. Just know that Rick Astley will never give you up.

4. Play in a consistent group. It's the ONLY way to reduce chances of throwers, leavers and trolls on your team.

Goodluck dude.
10/01/2017 08:12 PMPosted by ClassyOwl
are stuck with the throwers. The leavers. The trolls.
Don't forget the people that refuse to improve themselves and blame everyone else
10/01/2017 08:12 PMPosted by ClassyOwl
Hi there,

I'm sure most of you reading this will have heard of a little thing called Overwatch Bronze, the sub-1500SR portion of Overwatch's Competitive gamemode. Here's the problem; those of us unfortunate enough to be trapped in Bronze are stuck with the throwers. The leavers. The trolls.

And while I'm sure that, to an outside spectator, this juvenile rank would seem very easy to climb out of, it's much harder to carry a team that, frankly, won't get in voice chat, won't get on the point, won't play offense heroes on attack, won't play healers, et cetera.

Now believe me; me and many other Bronze players I know have tried to take these matters into our own hands and refine our game and improve our skills. I've made it my business to be very flexible to play whatever necessary class my team decides not to; I can go Reaper, Bastion, and Mercy, Junkrat. And while I'm not a master of any, I'm sort of a Jack of All trades.

There have been numerous occasions where I, say, Resurrected more than 30% of team deaths. Or Got more than 40% kill participation. I'm constantly trying to be a team leader, to work with my team and be positive. But it's very hard when these people seem to care about nothing than dragging other people down.

I know this thread is sort of ranty. But Please, Blizzard, do something about the players trapped in Bronze. I know that, given decent team mates, I could win a lot more games and have a lot more fun playing. But right now there's hardly a way out of Bronze and it's ruining it for the people actually trying.

Overall some pretty good advice in this, imo.

No matter what you may think of your own ability, I guarantee that you're probably doing multiple things incorrectly without even realizing it. The only way to get over this is reviewing your gameplay and looking at it in-depth.

I see you're a Mercy main. Not that I'm perfect with Mercy, but if you're able to record gameplay, I'd be happy to look over it and help you out with fixing your mistakes.