Yet Another Forced Losing Streak

Competitive Discussion
Yeah. Went 7-0 last night.

YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT KIND OF TEAMMATES I'M FORCED TO PLAY WITH TODAY.

This is getting beyond ridiculous, Blizzard.

Again. For the 100th time over the past year. Another FORCED LOSING STREAK after winning some.

It's not me.
It's not that the games got tougher.

Nope.

It seems for winning a few games one night, i'm rewarded with much worse teammates.

And this is how they come up with 50% chance to win games.
They take the person on a winning streak, and team them with the worst teammates the matchmaker can find.

Fix it. That is not how to treat players. That is now good matchmaking. That is a slap in the face, and should not happen. But it does, in a predictable pattern, day after day for over a year.
Thumbs down all you like, guys. It's real and the players have witnessed it.
Just lose a few more games and you'll get the gold icon that you deserve. I love how everyone thinks that when they win that they were never carried but when they lose its suddenly never their problem.
10/24/2017 01:25 AMPosted by Kapoof
Thumbs down all you like, guys. It's real and the players have witnessed it.

Forced loss strraks aren't real.
I have climbed from the bottom of gold to diamond with only 1-2 losses 4 times now, why because I'm a much more skilled player.
You aren't skilled enough to be plat, simple.
Could you please quit already? The game obviously isnt for you and you just seem to be wasting your time with it.

For your own sanity (and everyone else here) please, quit the game.

Your posts has essentially fallen down to "if i win its all due to me, but when i lose its everyone else fault".

Its insanity.
How should blizz be able to set you on a forced loose streak ? You are playi g with humans not machines that do everything you want them to do. How can they manipulate the minds of only your mates to force you to loose ? Are you going insane ?
10/24/2017 01:43 AMPosted by Swalees
How should blizz be able to set you on a forced loose streak ? You are playi g with humans not machines that do everything you want them to do. How can they manipulate the minds of only your mates to force you to loose ? Are you going insane ?

By doing what players have seen.

Taking winning players, and sticking them with losing players.

You really think that's out of the question? Dumb.
<Removed by forum moderator for toxicity>
10/24/2017 01:53 AMPosted by lololol
lmao. shocking!!! another trash tier player whining about being trash.

ill do you a favor, upload a video of a round where you feel you played well and ill point out all of your blunders

Oh you can't play well with a team full of potatoes that you get for 5 games after a winning streak.
Oh you can't play well with a team full of potatoes that you get for 5 games after a winning streak.

Yeah you actually can play well EVERY SINGLE GAME no matter what your team is doing. You can't control your team and you WILL lose games. You are in control of your own gameplay and THAT is how you increase your rank.

Edit: additionally I thought you said you were going to chill out with these topics for a while. Its honestly too much and its making you look crazy (as many have already mentioned).
10/24/2017 01:51 AMPosted by Kapoof
10/24/2017 01:43 AMPosted by Swalees

By doing what players have seen.

Taking winning players, and sticking them with losing players.

You really think that's out of the question? Dumb.

So how does that work exactly? You're a winning player and they're losing players but you're all at the same SR. Either they have won a bunch of games to get where they are, or they were even higher SR to begin with and had been losing games, or like everyone else at that SR they have been both winning and losing games. How does matchmaking differentiate between what is a good player (you) and a bad player (everyone else when you lose a game)?
10/24/2017 02:02 AMPosted by lololol
10/24/2017 01:57 AMPosted by Kapoof

lmao yeah that must be it. youre just the unluckiest player in overwatch. GM level player being held back by the men in black

Yeah, go ahead and post your gameplay too, Mr. Diamond. I mean, its' not like you're much higher.

And i'm not saying i'm GM, you're exaggerating. I'm saying win streaks are followed by forced losing streaks.
10/24/2017 02:08 AMPosted by Kapoof
10/24/2017 02:02 AMPosted by lololol

lmao yeah that must be it. youre just the unluckiest player in overwatch. GM level player being held back by the men in black

Yeah, go ahead and post your gameplay too, Mr. Diamond. I mean, its' not like you're much higher.

And i'm not saying i'm GM, you're exaggerating. I'm saying win streaks are followed by forced losing streaks.

so how does anyone climb rank?
10/24/2017 02:14 AMPosted by lololol
<span class="truncated">...</span>

They don't. People who climb rank clearly have paid blizzard some serious cash to not be targeted by their anti-fun system.

edit: engrish is veri hard.
10/24/2017 02:28 AMPosted by Tankz
10/24/2017 02:14 AMPosted by lololol

They don't. People who climb rank clearly have paid blizzard some serious catch to not be targeted by their anti-fun system.

for sure
I mean, this is getting ridiculous.

Maybe it's because of my pure level. Over 950?
Maybe it's because i Two Stack all the time, and when we win a lot that's two people with higher winning chance at the time.

Because man... i just had two games in a row with TWO level 30's.
Other team? None.

So, we had two players on heroes they only had a couple total hours on. Ever.
That'd be like me buying the game, playing a couple hours and hopping in to ranked.

Surprise. We got stomped.

I'm seeing this a lot. Great for those who are not having this happen.
A lot of people have posted about such things, so i know i'm not alone.
And i'd really rather come here with great things to say.

But wow. This is beyond ridiculous.

Maybe i shouldn't play at 2am.
Maybe i shouldn't play more than 2 games a day.
Maybe i shouldn't two stack.
Maybe, but i bought the game to play, not sit and dance around some flawed system.

You guys aren't seeing it. Cool. You can't even imagine how someone would see such a thing. But thousands of posts here have said otherwise, and i'm seeing this on a daily basis.
10/24/2017 02:55 AMPosted by Kapoof
But thousands of posts here have said otherwise, and i'm seeing this on a daily basis.

You mean the thousands of post for the 10 people who keep reposting the same crap?
I somewhat tend to agree with the OP that there is something in the system that makes it look like you are forced to loss streaks. I was three times one win away from platinum and each time it was followed by a loss streak of 3-5 games. On the fourth time starting from 2400 I went up to 2522 in a five game win streak. I wonder what will happen next... :).

My guess is that when you play well and rise in the ranks your MMR rises more than your SR and the system uses your MMR (not your SR) to balance a match to 50-50 win possibility. To reach the same average MMR with the enemy team you are placed in a team with people having lower MMR than you. Usually these people are trending down so they are not able to play at the level of their current SR and you are more prone to lose with them.

Why are there down trending people (MMR smaller than SR)?
1. Someone was lucky or got carried to higher SR (maybe by playing in a group with better friends, remember the 1000 SR skill difference allowed inside groups)
2. Has reached true skill level
3. Intentionally throwing (leaving etc.)
4. Generally massive skill variance inside one rank

The third is the worst because after winning some games there seems to be a higher possibility to get a thrower in your team and hence lose games without any possibility to win.

How does anyone climb then? You need to be in a situation where you gain more SR when winning that you lose when defeated. This basically tells you that you are playing better than the average player on your rank. I usually get 25-32 SR when winning but lose 14-20. Then you need to maintain a more than 50% win rate by being able to lead your team in those winnable games. Slowly but surely you will climb.

I'm a plat noob that has played only 19 hours of comp in seasons 5 and 6 and gone up from my first placements (at level 30, had no clue) 1950 to 2522. My main hero (S:76) overbuff competitive hero rank atm is 83% which from master overwatch skill distribution would be 3500 SR. I don't know if those numbers are comparable and how they will change when reaching higher ranks but if I can keep up the same state of play compared to other people in my rank I'm certain I will climb more.
10/24/2017 02:59 AMPosted by Tankz
10/24/2017 02:55 AMPosted by Kapoof
But thousands of posts here have said otherwise, and i'm seeing this on a daily basis.

You mean the thousands of post for the 10 people who keep reposting the same crap?

No, smarty pants. Over the last year and a half, i've seen a LOT of people reporting this. And actually it's become kind of a joke around Reddit and such. So, keep believing that the big huge corporation would never try something so shady.