Is blizz ever going to fix FPS issues via new patch?

Technical Support
It is clear that many people including myself were playing Overwatch perfectly fine on our PC's prior to the newest patch and all of a sudden our fps drops shortly after entering a game and dropping down to an unplayable low which causes us to lose SR and receive penalties.

Can someone that works for blizzard confirm that a hotfix or something is being worked on, or at least show us what is in this new patch that could have possibly made the game unplayable for a huge chunk of players?

Before any Blues try posting the fixes they have been posting, I tried them all and they don't do anything. My PC is more than capable enough of playing Overwatch with 0 performance issues and I have usually ran it with other games open no problem, the fact I have everything that can possibly tax my system closed and I keep only overwatch opens is a big no no. Season ends soon and I would not like to lose any more days due to this.

I just want to know if there is something being done or if any players have had a fix that worked for them, please and thank you.
Everything you said is true my fps went from constant and steady to sometimes dropping out of the blue fro no reason at all. Feelsbadman when your playing competitive.
Bumpity bump for justice
bump
I not alone? cause FPS just killing my game ( 10-20 drops in fights )
yes getting almost 50% decrease in fps during big fights after patch
Blizz don't give a sheeee about customer support apparently
There has been a thread on the Bug report forum about FPS drops since the Doomfist patch. and the problem has worsened since then.

but hey, Lucio's Juggle animation won't kick the ball the wrong way at 30 FPS (now on the PTR)

haHAA thanks for prioritizing an animation issue over actual gameplay issues. UNLESS Blizz is trying to tell us that dropping 50 frames at random times is a new feature, then they could at least mention it in a patch note.
Bump.

i feel like they care more about hero buffs/nerfs and audio/animaton then actual gameplay. no point in doing all that if most of your players cant ever play the game smoothly...
I don't get it, a good chunk of players are being effected by this and not one single post that is clarifying what is being done about this issue yet. If I can't finish ranking up my account before season ends I'm boycotting anything Blizzard and canceling my WoW sub which i've had since the first week it was released until they do.

I know it won't put a dent in but I would sleep better knowing I'm not giving money to people who don't do anything with it.
Me too, I was playing OW normally, but since the last update the FPS drop is getting ridiculous. My system is the same, didn't change a thing. When I play I only have OW running, Blizzard RESPOND US!!!

I already did all that BS troubleshoot they offer, and that didn't do a thing!
Awaiting a blue to comment something other than the common fixes that have been pasted over and over again that don't work. It's clearly an issue within the patch causing many problems for us.
I went from 250 fps capped and stable to and unstable 90 to 130 fps and it's like that since yesterday. It just randomly dropped in one of my game and I stayed that way. I can't even play cause my aim is based on 250 fps, pretty annoying problem.
I know the same feeling. Every single time i launch the game my frame rate will tank to as low as 30 or sometimes even 25fps at the main menu and will stay like this unless i go into the option menu, switch from fullscreen to borderless wait a few seconds for my frame rate to go back up and then switch back to fullsceen. This a seriously annoying problem and i never had any issues before. Going from 150+fps in the menu to 25 is crazy..the worst thing about this is not a single person from blizzard is even giving a response to the problem.
I made a post with this exact issue. I haven't touched comp besides my 10 placements this season. With the Ryzen crashing issues and now this, I'd rather not affect my teammates.

With 1800x @ 4.0, and a GTX 1080, I used to be pretty stable capped at 210 (it would fluctuate between 210 and 300 with 300 FPS limit). Now I am sitting at 130-140. All settings optimized for max fps.

During Quick Play, I occasionally start lagging to 120 fps, but it's not 120 fps. It is serious micro-stutter that wasn't there before. I have done a clean install and this rig literally just has OW on it at the moment.
ME TOOO!!! D:
I went from having 60 - 90 fps on high settings to not even get 10 in medium settings!! I hope they fix this soon! :(
yeah, 120 fps max on lowest settings with an overclocked 1070 and 6600k when I used to get 300, this is unacceptable.
09/24/2017 05:54 PMPosted by Law
I made a post with this exact issue. I haven't touched comp besides my 10 placements this season. With the Ryzen crashing issues and now this, I'd rather not affect my teammates.

With 1800x @ 4.0, and a GTX 1080, I used to be pretty stable capped at 210 (it would fluctuate between 210 and 300 with 300 FPS limit). Now I am sitting at 130-140. All settings optimized for max fps.

During Quick Play, I occasionally start lagging to 120 fps, but it's not 120 fps. It is serious micro-stutter that wasn't there before. I have done a clean install and this rig literally just has OW on it at the moment.

yeah the frames we do get isn't even good because of this crazy micro stuttering. Whatever Blizzard has done in the doomfist patch has destroyed performance for basically everyone.
Playing with stable 50FPs from day one no issues.
B U M P