[As a support main] DPS mains! You win!

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Highly Rated
I am not going to support anymore!

DPS mains of this game. You win. You got it! You got your way! WOOOHOOHOOOO this beta Mercy main is DONE. (Look me up: 11 hours on Mercy this SEASON ALONE! I'm speaking legit.)

Just like Barbara from Shark tank: I'm out. We currently have a nonstop problem from silver all the way into platinum of 4 dps comps. And guess why? It sure wasn't because Mercy was "OP".

I'm out. As a 100% pure blooded support main who played one hell of a lot of solo queue competitive (aka that person that willingly took that "crap" role everyone else SCREAMS about being "forced to take"). I'm out.

With the absolutely hilariously relentless gutting my main since beta (Read as: Mercy). Who I have mained through thick and thin, through tank metas to widowmaker dominance. I cannot even begin to state how disgusted I am. I've never been this tiffed at this game until now.

First off let me say this:
Me myself as a support main on Soldier, I have over 3 hours of play time. 69% winrate. An almost 70% winrate, that's far from trash.

But then you sit and look at my support winrates...

And I'm a support main. So what does this say? Means that support never was the means to show off my actual skill with this game. Meaning: DPS always will be able to contribute significantly more to winning than a support ever could or would be able to.

I've actually had enough now I've seen the Mercy destruction.

DPS players whine, complain and scream at the top of their lungs and then get anything that could possibly stop them gutted.

Lucio had his power level stripped down an insane amount during his rework, he was able to solo heal albeit with difficulty. Now he's far from what he was.

Ana has been gutted across the board to the point where even when I land my shots I feel underwhelmed.

Zenyatta is barely a healer at 30hp/s. 30hp/s is not going to carry a team through a teamfight.

Tanks too.
Dva for instance is laughable when you say she is a tank. Roadhog was harshly nerfed too and Zarya doesn't do much against a DPS that knows what they are doing.

Flat out I'm done.
Highly Rated
Same. I was before because she sucked. The rework was better. Alas, back to maining hot dad76. :)
Also, OP. Your poor SR also shows you're a Mercy main. I FEEL your pain. No offense at all intended, only empathy and understanding.

I started playing her again this season and whereas I got diamond easily last season (starting placements in the last 2 weeks as almost exclusively Soldier), playing her at ALL this season has left me in a tailspin of majority losses and minor wins. I got diamond the season before last playing her because I was duo-queueing with a ridiculous Soldier player.

Luckily I'm seeing the carnage before it's too late and will finish the season Soldier to get to diamond as usual. You should try to change it up as well.
Highly Rated
10/04/2017 08:31 PMPosted by HappyRogue
Thank you we really don't need any more toxicity in the game. Play what you like if that will fix the insecurity you have about people not constantly thanking you for healing. Also, when you do main a dps make sure you don't do the same exact mistake by constantly reminding your team you have gold damage and elims so they can satisfy the same insecurity you had before.

likewise for genji mains like you who have less than 15 hours on supports and doesn't even understand the full aspect of this game.
Highly Rated
10/04/2017 08:31 PMPosted by HappyRogue
Thank you we really don't need any more toxicity in the game. Play what you like if that will fix the insecurity you have about people not constantly thanking you for healing. Also, when you do main a dps make sure you don't do the same exact mistake by constantly reminding your team you have gold damage and elims so they can satisfy the same insecurity you had before.

How in the blazing fires of hell does this have anything to do with this post?

I'm not asking for thanks. But on the flip side, I 'm not wanting to be kicked like a freaking soccer ball and wailed on by DPS mains like a helpless ragdoll.

I don't care if someone thanks me. I just want to play the game.

So I am really confused by your post.
Highly Rated
Save room for me on your boat, I'm out too. I'll stick around for the halloween event, then probably will uninstall. Between this, and the !@#$ty quality competitive games where nobody gives a heck - Sheit, I got better things to play.

Dang, i was so close to that platinum player border. Oh well.
Highly Rated
It sucks but you're right, dps players are the reason this game is losing it's creativity. If this goes live i to will be done. It's ridiculous how much they cater to dps players.
Highly Rated
10/04/2017 08:36 PMPosted by Backwoods
you're just proving everybody's point that you feel very highly of yourself

Sorry I actually want to play a viable role and not just be instnatly killed by the "glorious dps master race", because I am a "filthy disgusting support main".

Please.
Highly Rated
Same here. I'm not playing support anymore. DPS mains (not all of them) whine and cry until they get whatever the want served to them on a silver platter and I'm over it. I didn't buy this game to be a babysitter, I got this game because I wanted to have fun. I wanted to support my team. Because sure, I'm not the greatest at aiming, and sure, I can't tank at all, nor do I want to, but because I like being the healer. I like supporting my team. Or at least I did. I put up with getting yelled at, I deal with all the whining, and now, I'm over it.

I don't have too many hours on Mercy, but the hours I do have were obviously all for nothing. A complete waste of time. Blizzard has made this clear.
They shove all of our posts into a megathread and forget about them, because our opinions don't matter. I've been on twitter, I've looked through all the forums, and I see 90% of people don't like this nerf, and for obvious reasons. It's a dumb move, honestly. She needed a nerf, sure, but she didn't need to be completely destroyed.

So I will be playing Widow from now on, even though I suck at her. Because God forbid healers should get any respect in this damn game.
Highly Rated
Count me in, Im going to LOL(I heard its more toxic but at this point i dont care), im done, they just cant balance a character correctly, every Nerf is an OverNurf, I agreed that she needed a nerf, BUT NOT THIS, Reducing the Ult time to 12-15 secs would have been FINE, but nope, they had to ruin her entire kit, which was based around Rezzing, at most she can rez only 8 PLAYERS NOW!!! 8 PER ROUND!! THATS NOT EVEN COUNTING WALKING FROM SPAWN EVERY TIME SHE DIES!! OR HAVING IT READY BUT TEAMMATES ARE ALIVE!! This nerf was wayyyy to much
Highly Rated
Fun thing, is that most of OW DPS players are too coward to play a REAL DPS only shooter, see that "human aimbot" of Taimou or Seagull playing stuff like Quake, just to get rekt by REAL FPS veterans, 60% accuracy? That's matchmaking trash in Quake.

But nooo, Blizzard must cater to the lowest common denominator of FPS players and ostracise all the supports, tanks and defence heroes because the wannabe pros think they are playing on pro Quake tournaments...
Highly Rated
10/04/2017 08:25 PMPosted by Sovereign
I am not going to support anymore!

DPS mains of this game. You win. You got it! You got your way! WOOOHOOHOOOO this beta Mercy main is DONE. (Look me up: 11 hours on Mercy this SEASON ALONE! I'm speaking legit.)

Just like Barbara from Shark tank: I'm out. We currently have a nonstop problem from silver all the way into platinum of 4 dps comps. And guess why? It sure wasn't because Mercy was "OP".

I'm out. As a 100% pure blooded support main who played one hell of a lot of solo queue competitive (aka that person that willingly took that "crap" role everyone else SCREAMS about being "forced to take"). I'm out.

With the absolutely hilariously relentless gutting my main since beta (Read as: Mercy). Who I have mained through thick and thin, through tank metas to widowmaker dominance. I cannot even begin to state how disgusted I am. I've never been this tiffed at this game until now.

First off let me say this:
Me myself as a support main on Soldier, I have over 3 hours of play time. 69% winrate. An almost 70% winrate, that's far from trash.

But then you sit and look at my support winrates...

And I'm a support main. So what does this say? Means that support never was the means to show off my actual skill with this game. Meaning: DPS always will be able to contribute significantly more to winning than a support ever could or would be able to.

I've actually had enough now I've seen the Mercy destruction.

DPS players whine, complain and scream at the top of their lungs and then get anything that could possibly stop them gutted.

Lucio had his power level stripped down an insane amount during his rework, he was able to solo heal albeit with difficulty. Now he's far from what he was.

Ana has been gutted across the board to the point where even when I land my shots I feel underwhelmed.

Zenyatta is barely a healer at 30hp/s. 30hp/s is not going to carry a team through a teamfight.

Tanks too.
Dva for instance is laughable when you say she is a tank. Roadhog was harshly nerfed too and Zarya doesn't do much against a DPS that knows what they are doing.

Flat out I'm done.
I'm right behind you.
Highly Rated
I'm a DPS main and i don't like the PTR Mercy.
If Mercy heal me, i thank her for that, especially in low health situation. Cause many heroes just can't turn around looking for heal without being shot at.
If enemy Mercy rez, it's MY FAULT that i can not kill her first.
Many people looking Mercy as the enemy and the nerf will effect on the enemy but not realize that it would do the same to the team.
AND I'M EVEN A PLAT DPS MAIN
Highly Rated
10/04/2017 09:07 PMPosted by Yurek39
I'm a DPS main and i don't like the PTR Mercy.
If Mercy heal me, i thank her for that, especially in low health situation. Cause many heroes just can't turn around looking for heal without being shot at.
If enemy Mercy rez, it's MY FAULT that i can not kill her first.
Many people looking Mercy as the enemy and the nerf will effect on the enemy but not realize that it would do the same to the team.
AND I'M EVEN A PLAT DPS MAIN

But they never want to think, just kill.
Highly Rated
I am in agreement and I play tracer

I love playing mercy

But this has gone officially far enough

Iv never been so disappointed.
It reminds me of this quote with some slight change.

"I will honor the game you once were overwatch, not this monster you've become."
- Man of steel
I hear ya, I've played Mercy since Beta, and was Pigeoned holed into the role when Comp came out, and by S3 when my group fell apart... healing was all I could do, with some D.Va tanking and Junkrat Harassment to "relieve stress". Now, if this all goes through, I'm done, I'll just instantlock Junkrat, and watch the world burn.