[As a support main] DPS mains! You win!

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
this season I was force to play mercy in every game but I didn't hate it. now look at what they did to her makes me wanna quit for real. even I'm a genji main I think this mercy change is sucks. :/
I'm done too. gonna instantlock genji and married to the health packs.
I feel sorry for support players who did their best jobs.
But we never wanted to defeat you

Some vocal minorities hate one another while normal people enjoy the game and cooperation across roles.

We're equaly concerned about the new possible Mercy nerf and we too want supports to be reworked, like Mercy, to make them as fun to play as DPS are.

I for one always felt inclined to play Ana, but she's just not fun enough to me. Wrote too many posts on what I'd change in her to repeat myself here without feeling like spamming.

We're not your enemy.
Here we go with the scapegoat.

You think I'm enjoying Genji and Tracer watch, cause I'll give you a hint, I don't.
10/04/2017 08:31 PMPosted by HappyRogue
Thank you we really don't need any more toxicity in the game. Play what you like if that will fix the insecurity you have about people not constantly thanking you for healing. Also, when you do main a dps make sure you don't do the same exact mistake by constantly reminding your team you have gold damage and elims so they can satisfy the same insecurity you had before.

The harsh truth. It hurts really
people overreacting to the ptr...
Yeah. Because DPS players are the whiners.....

The only thing thas ever been an issue for me in this game was DVA in s2. Everything else I’ve been ok with.
10/04/2017 10:07 PMPosted by turtlebomb
people overreacting to the ptr...

But it's not this is a really hard nerf and with the insane amounts of damage potential now this pretty much guarantee's whoever had the better dps will win

And with ults like genji's with a 1500 charge that can teamkill or get 3 picks usually it basically makes playing mercy a joke
10/04/2017 08:51 PMPosted by Lusbelle
Fun thing, is that most of OW DPS players are too coward to play a REAL DPS only shooter, see that "human aimbot" of Taimou or Seagull playing stuff like Quake, just to get rekt by REAL FPS veterans, 60% accuracy? That's matchmaking trash in Quake.

But nooo, Blizzard must cater to the lowest common denominator of FPS players and ostracise all the supports, tanks and defence heroes because the wannabe pros think they are playing on pro Quake tournaments...

Why was this upvoted? Of course Seagull or Taimou would get destroyed in Quake, the games have different skill sets and Quake pros have thousands of hours in practice on their games. Almost as stupid as saying LoL players would get destroyed in DOTA and vice versa, no !@#$.
Save some room for me too! I have 97 total hours of support, and 108 hours in total on Tanks, and get !@#$ all from DPS mains. They've ruined this game completely.
While not hitting tanks nearly as bad as supports, I'm out as well. Enjoy not having any tank support here on out on my end.
Alright, but don't say that the DPS mains win. Those are the devs decisions, and I seriously feel like Genji and Tracer have always been favorites, and that it's about these two specifically, not the rest of the DPS.
I am getting to the point of a lot of support mains here. I have 300+ hours across all supports, and now our two main healers have close to no impact, and Lucio/Zen can work, but in all honesty, Soldier does more healing than both of them (unless Zen is ulting). I've been wanting Soldier's heal to be nerfed, why does he heal more than two of the healers? The world may never know.

I am glad I can fall back onto Hanzo, because I am starting to think that even if I can't hit a stationary target, I'll be more helpful because of my 20 sec cooldown 10 sec 10m radius sights than with actual health.
10/04/2017 10:35 PMPosted by Caliginous
I am getting to the point of a lot of support mains here. I have 300+ hours across all supports, and now our two main healers have close to no impact, and Lucio/Zen can work, but in all honesty, Soldier does more healing than both of them (unless Zen is ulting). I've been wanting Soldier's heal to be nerfed, why does he heal more than two of the healers? The world may never know.

I am glad I can fall back onto Hanzo, because I am starting to think that even if I can't hit a stationary target, I'll be more helpful because of my 20 sec cooldown 10 sec 10m radius sights than with actual health.

Why doesn't Soldier heal for even more? Cut the cooldown of that healing field in half and double the radius. Now THAT is a fun healer! You actually get to defend yourself!
I used to main D.va and Mercy, till they started getting changed up, now the only hero I play is widow, it's actually satisfying landing headshots...I'd play more support if they didn't get shafted so much.
I like how you say "support mains" but really you are actually only reffering about other mercy mains like yourself.
Looking at picking up Torb or Reaper, or just waiting for Star Wars battlefront.
Highly Rated
But Ultimates that kill your whole team are fine. But rez is too strong..
10/04/2017 08:25 PMPosted by Sovereign
I am not going to support anymore!

DPS mains of this game. You win. You got it! You got your way! WOOOHOOHOOOO this beta Mercy main is DONE. (Look me up: 11 hours on Mercy this SEASON ALONE! I'm speaking legit.)

Just like Barbara from Shark tank: I'm out. We currently have a nonstop problem from silver all the way into platinum of 4 dps comps. And guess why? It sure wasn't because Mercy was "OP".

I'm out. As a 100% pure blooded support main who played one hell of a lot of solo queue competitive (aka that person that willingly took that "crap" role everyone else SCREAMS about being "forced to take"). I'm out.

With the absolutely hilariously relentless gutting my main since beta (Read as: Mercy). Who I have mained through thick and thin, through tank metas to widowmaker dominance. I cannot even begin to state how disgusted I am. I've never been this tiffed at this game until now.

First off let me say this:
Me myself as a support main on Soldier, I have over 3 hours of play time. 69% winrate. An almost 70% winrate, that's far from trash.

But then you sit and look at my support winrates...

And I'm a support main. So what does this say? Means that support never was the means to show off my actual skill with this game. Meaning: DPS always will be able to contribute significantly more to winning than a support ever could or would be able to.

I've actually had enough now I've seen the Mercy destruction.

DPS players whine, complain and scream at the top of their lungs and then get anything that could possibly stop them gutted.

Lucio had his power level stripped down an insane amount during his rework, he was able to solo heal albeit with difficulty. Now he's far from what he was.

Ana has been gutted across the board to the point where even when I land my shots I feel underwhelmed.

Zenyatta is barely a healer at 30hp/s. 30hp/s is not going to carry a team through a teamfight.

Tanks too.
Dva for instance is laughable when you say she is a tank. Roadhog was harshly nerfed too and Zarya doesn't do much against a DPS that knows what they are doing.

Flat out I'm done.

I feel you man, anw add me, we can quere together. I been through all of the support nerf, from zen, ana, now mercy. I mean people is just being so mean to support isn't it? I can play all role (except rein though, he suck :))). ) and i love playing support too. But nerf after nerf after nerf make me hating blizzard so much. I mean I know balance this game is hard ... but can blizzard have any idea how to do it or they just swing with people opinion ( or should i say whiner) and disregard everybody else. Is blizzard gonna do it like it? I'm so disapointed ... Anw, my word for someone can't counter mercy. Get fuking good, try to communicate, focus fire etc. I just have a game playing as ana. Me and Mcree(in my team) totally destroy her every time she ulti. So it not mercy problem, it your problem.
Supports are something I like to call secret carry.

Why? because almost no one notices their jobs, and they're needed in a match.

When I played lucio on elo platinum-diamond, people never told me something, they all congratulated the DPS. However no one noticed that in many wrong pushes, they were able to pull-out because I used speedboost in the right time.

When I played lucio on master-grandmaster, often I started getting praises from other masters - GM players, because as they have a more advanced game sense, they could easily identify my job, and this happens a lot.

Don't give up, I have changed my main like 3-4 times, and I ended up in a point I can use every support as good as I use my main support. Don't become a one trick, enjoy the game.
Supports overall need buffs. Two main healers (ana once/mercy) and nerfs after a few weeks into dumpster tier. Soon we won't have a main healer. If you want two supports to be meta state that by giving us more support characters not nerfing any that become viable. Lucio, ana, mercy(before changes) and zen in my honest opinion need buffs. The only nerf mercy needed was her ultimate to be shorter and possibly a bit longer Res base cool down.

Saying she's picked a lot is an excuse. Other supports don't preform at a level like she does. That's exactly why you buff supports. We have 4 (not sym) and all get nerfs asap whenever viable. You make them fun and then take it away. No wonder we have 5 DPS insta locks. They are not fun to play when you take away their ability to SUPPORT the team.

Mercy has an ultimate that is now literally fly and hold down mouse. Took away the damage. Now the chain resets. You wanted her to still be that character that revives people and now that's gone. Look at buffing or adding more supports before you need any that get good.

Heroes of the storm did that constantly and everyone hates it. Don't follow in their footsteps. Be better. The world could always use more heroes (preferably supports).

Let mercy have her gimmick. She was supposed to revive. That's all I ask. I literally was SO upset today with this news I felt like the reason I love this game is being taken away. I love mercy. May not be the best at aim but I can still carry with huge Res or now chain revives. Now I have nothing. Or rather it'll be completely boring to just stay in the air and hold mouse down.

I don't even understand why you gave her +5 area in her ultimate. She can only use it once now. It won't do anything if used before. It will still be on cool down.