[As a support main] DPS mains! You win!

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
I was off the boat when Doomfist was released and I kept getting jerked around for being a healer that 'couldn't keep up with the team of 4 DPS'.
I mained Lucio and Zenyatta in S5.
Mercy in S2.
And let me tell ya- Mercy was fun to play after the rework. But she lost the emphasis to her character. Now- with these nerfs? She's not even worth it.

I'm just going to go ahead and play Sombra, and probably stay in QP.
Easier on my heart that way. But it's a damn shame to leave one of my most favored classes in all moba-mmo games. :/
10/04/2017 10:48 PMPosted by Orion
10/04/2017 10:35 PMPosted by Caliginous
I am getting to the point of a lot of support mains here. I have 300+ hours across all supports, and now our two main healers have close to no impact, and Lucio/Zen can work, but in all honesty, Soldier does more healing than both of them (unless Zen is ulting). I've been wanting Soldier's heal to be nerfed, why does he heal more than two of the healers? The world may never know.

I am glad I can fall back onto Hanzo, because I am starting to think that even if I can't hit a stationary target, I'll be more helpful because of my 20 sec cooldown 10 sec 10m radius sights than with actual health.

Why doesn't Soldier heal for even more? Cut the cooldown of that healing field in half and double the radius. Now THAT is a fun healer! You actually get to defend yourself!

Zen is a fun healer. In the right hands he's a monster. It's why I am playing him a lot right now. I can do two things I like to do at once. Shoot at heal.

And he can defense himself pretty well. Yeah his heals aren't special last a measly 30/s but trans makes up for it when timed right and if you can hit stuff it charges pretty quickly. I've solo'ed Zen and I'll do it again.
Here, here.
DPS mains love Mercy. What are you talking about? The problem was she was so good that she became a mandatory requirement for wining a game.

That being said I do think she needed a small nerf just like the other supports might need some minor buffs.
10/04/2017 10:07 PMPosted by turtlebomb
people overreacting to the ptr...

Its more then that its that every time Blizzard swing the nerf hammer its always the Tanks and Support that get hit. This is a problem since they make up the spine of the team & enable DPS heroes to do there job as safely as possible.

There's already a limited number of tanks and supports to play so making even one "trash tier" is a massive problem, if this Mercy change goes through it'll make 2/4 healers that are almost unplayable to the average player.

That'll leave us with Lucio and Zenyatta in every game (because they can still do something), which means dive meta all over again and that means several dps heroes won't be playable.
10/05/2017 12:03 AMPosted by Mirkea
DPS mains love Mercy. What are you talking about? The problem was she was so good that she became a mandatory requirement for wining a game.

That being said I do think she needed a small nerf just like the other supports might need some minor buffs.

Yes and no.

She doesn't need a nerf, Ana needs a rework instead.
Time to go Bastion.
As a support main I'm glad mercy got nerfed to the ground.

Mercy mains think they are the only support mains out their. There is 3 other supports that are more fun and require more skill than mercy. Every time I try to pick one I get asked to pick mercy.

I'd rather dps than be a healbot.

After and before buff, mercy was the most boring hero to ever play. Only hype you can get is by rezing 4+ people. Which requires you to hide like a little !@#$%.
10/05/2017 04:32 AMPosted by Vortex
As a support main I'm glad mercy got nerfed to the ground.

Mercy mains think they are the only support mains out their. There is 3 other supports that are more fun and require more skill than mercy. Every time I try to pick one I get asked to pick mercy.

I'd rather dps than be a healbot.

After and before buff, mercy was the most boring hero to ever play. Only hype you can get is by rezing 4+ people. Which requires you to hide like a little !@#$%.

For one, I do not think we are the "only support mains out there" and it's pretty unfair that you say it like all Mercy mains are the same in thinking that way. I have also never seen anyone say these things either. And honestly speaking, none of the healers are fun to play anymore.

Now, if people ask you to switch tell them you'll play whoever you're good at. Not who they want you to play. If this is comp, you should be able to play whoever you are good at without getting yelled at by team members. If this is qp then just play whoever you want.

Onto Mercy being boring before and after the buff, I thought she was pretty fun to play before the buff. Not incredibly fun, and it was often stressful, but enough to keep me playing her. Of course, opinions differ and I respect yours in that aspect.

With the "you have to hide to rez more than 3 people!!!1!!!1 Mercy's always hide for POTG!!1!!" This is simply not true with all Mercy players. Since when did dodging enemy ults = hiding for POTG? What do you want them to do? Stand in the middle of a D.Va bomb? Stay in Los with Deadeye, Visor, etc.? That's ridiculous. If a Mercy has good positioning and escapes from an ult, she's "hiding" for POTG & huge rez.

And no one ever said you absolutely had to hide when you had rez up. To everyone claiming that people have said that, I have not heard it once. But that's just my experience. You are not intidled to listen to them anyway. If you're good with that Hero you should know what to do and they shouldn't even be telling you how to play them in the first place.
I remember you being all for the Roadhog nerfs, yet now when Mercy gets a slight change suddenly Roadhog was overnerfed because it helps your poorly made argument?

God riddance to you, sir.
Bye, have a great time.
mercy mains are so childish lmao, no one cares that you quitting support you just gonna rune the game for the other 5 teammates that have nothing to do with the nerf.
10/05/2017 04:54 AMPosted by Vex
This is simply not true with all Mercy players. Since when did dodging enemy ults = hiding for POTG?

This is so true, I've said it so many times but it seems that people will never try to understand. And the most funny part on what you said, is that some DPS complain about Mercy "stealing" the POTG, like it matters for the team, for the game itself. It feel like people only use their ult in order to have a POTG, it's not necessary bad (even if is selfish) since it often allow your team to win or go forward, but it's clearly not enough to win a game, compare to a team that play as...a team.
i

10/04/2017 08:25 PMPosted by Sovereign
I am not going to support anymore!

DPS mains of this game. You win. You got it! You got your way! WOOOHOOHOOOO this beta Mercy main is DONE. (Look me up: 11 hours on Mercy this SEASON ALONE! I'm speaking legit.)

Just like Barbara from Shark tank: I'm out. We currently have a nonstop problem from silver all the way into platinum of 4 dps comps. And guess why? It sure wasn't because Mercy was "OP".

I'm out. As a 100% pure blooded support main who played one hell of a lot of solo queue competitive (aka that person that willingly took that "crap" role everyone else SCREAMS about being "forced to take"). I'm out.

With the absolutely hilariously relentless gutting my main since beta (Read as: Mercy). Who I have mained through thick and thin, through tank metas to widowmaker dominance. I cannot even begin to state how disgusted I am. I've never been this tiffed at this game until now.

First off let me say this:
Me myself as a support main on Soldier, I have over 3 hours of play time. 69% winrate. An almost 70% winrate, that's far from trash.

But then you sit and look at my support winrates...

And I'm a support main. So what does this say? Means that support never was the means to show off my actual skill with this game. Meaning: DPS always will be able to contribute significantly more to winning than a support ever could or would be able to.

I've actually had enough now I've seen the Mercy destruction.

DPS players whine, complain and scream at the top of their lungs and then get anything that could possibly stop them gutted.

Lucio had his power level stripped down an insane amount during his rework, he was able to solo heal albeit with difficulty. Now he's far from what he was.

Ana has been gutted across the board to the point where even when I land my shots I feel underwhelmed.

Zenyatta is barely a healer at 30hp/s. 30hp/s is not going to carry a team through a teamfight.

Tanks too.
Dva for instance is laughable when you say she is a tank. Roadhog was harshly nerfed too and Zarya doesn't do much against a DPS that knows what they are doing.

Flat out I'm done.

I forgot how retarded an average Mercy main is, then I saw your post.
Then I remembered that half of them are dumber.

Impressive!
Better yet ... go full battle mercy.

DPS mains of this game. You win. You got it! You got your way! WOOOHOOHOOOO this beta Mercy main is DONE. (Look me up: 11 hours on Mercy this SEASON ALONE! I'm speaking legit.)

Just like Barbara from Shark tank: I'm out. We currently have a nonstop problem from silver all the way into platinum of 4 dps comps. And guess why? It sure wasn't because Mercy was "OP".

I'm out. As a 100% pure blooded support main who played one hell of a lot of solo queue competitive (aka that person that willingly took that "crap" role everyone else SCREAMS about being "forced to take"). I'm out.

With the absolutely hilariously relentless gutting my main since beta (Read as: Mercy). Who I have mained through thick and thin, through tank metas to widowmaker dominance. I cannot even begin to state how disgusted I am. I've never been this tiffed at this game until now.

Me myself as a support main on Soldier, I have over 3 hours of play time. 69% winrate. An almost 70% winrate, that's far from trash.

And I'm a support main. So what does this say? Means that support never was the means to show off my actual skill with this game. Meaning: DPS always will be able to contribute significantly more to winning than a support ever could or would be able to.

DPS players whine, complain and scream at the top of their lungs and then get anything that could possibly stop them gutted.

Lucio had his power level stripped down an insane amount during his rework, he was able to solo heal albeit with difficulty. Now he's far from what he was.

Ana has been gutted across the board to the point where even when I land my shots I feel underwhelmed.

Zenyatta is barely a healer at 30hp/s. 30hp/s is not going to carry a team through a teamfight.

Tanks too.
Dva for instance is laughable when you say she is a tank. Roadhog was harshly nerfed too and Zarya doesn't do much against a DPS that knows what they are doing.

Flat out I'm done.

I'm finding it very hard to disagree with any of this.
10/05/2017 05:20 AMPosted by Weltraumfred
Better yet ... go full battle mercy.

That would more than likely result in someone getting reported for poor teamwork though, so maybe don't do that lol

Tanks too.

Flat out I'm done.

S
T
O
P

C
R
Y
I
N
G

A
N
D

P
L
A
Y

L
U
C
I
O
O
O
Don't count on me to play healer anymore.

If this game wants to balance around DPS'ers, then DPS is what I will play.

I don't want to play a walking healthpack.