Question to those who quit playing.

General Discussion
When did you stop playing Overwatch and why did you stop playing Overwatch?
I doubt there will be many people here who have quit the game... I mean, this is the "Overwatch" forums not the "Ex-Overwatch Players Support Group" forums.
I never stopped playing Overwatch. I stopped playing Mercywatch.
10/16/2017 09:20 AMPosted by Narwhal
I doubt there will be many people here who have quit the game... I mean, this is the "Overwatch" forums not the "Ex-Overwatch Players Support Group" forums.
You will be surprised how many players who has stopped playing the game still visit the forum.
10/16/2017 09:22 AMPosted by Bloggerman
You will be surprised how many players who has stopped playing the game still visit the forum.

I think, rather, you will be surprised by how many players who say they have stopped playing the game haven't actually stopped playing the game.
Feels like it takes more effort to actually play the game, due to no one wanting to tank. Even the Halloween event isn't getting me to play more, doesn't feel worth it ya know?
10/16/2017 09:24 AMPosted by SeraphLance

I think, rather, you will be surprised by how many players who say they have stopped playing the game haven't actually stopped playing the game.

I honestly don't get the point on why they actually want to tell everyone that they're leaving. You aren't a overwatch youtuber that hasn't been posting for a bit so why would any of us really care about your absence.
My reasons: Bad algorithm for matchmaking. Overwatch tries to assign an average gaming-skill-rank for a player. yet there is a vast diversity of "real" player-skill depending on each hero since the heroes are so different.

This fact often leads to unbalanced teams, since in many games, a player is forced to play a hero he/she is not as proficient with as with another.

In my experience - and what I have heared from a large number of players, this diversity let's the game-outcome feel "random" in regard to team set-up. In the opinion of many players, a variation of your skill-rating between 500 and 1000 SP is "totally normal" for Overwatch. This range of points is worth 1-2 leagues.

Therefore, this randomness is killing the game for me. I started anew to support a friend who got into this game, but I will stop again, since this randomness is still a hard impact on the game-quality.
10/16/2017 09:24 AMPosted by SeraphLance
10/16/2017 09:22 AMPosted by Bloggerman

I guess that possible.
Then yes, I will be surprised by how many players has said they stopped playing, but actually still plays it.
I haven't stopped playing, but I've significantly drawn back and have been playing other FPS. In between toxicity and reason indecision over balancing, it's just not as fun-- overwatch is a team game that's slowly becoming dominated by 'who can whine the most to get their way' and people who don't know the difference between an opinion and a demand.

I'll keep playing ow, just not enough to get tilted by it, LOL