Pewdiepie defends toxic players

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
what
People that take their anger out on anonymous people in games are borderline sociopathic. They act like they are children with alcohol and their parents aren't home. If you act like such a jerk and intentionally want to wreck someone's day, they should get ripped a new one by the developers.

This isn't be "a jerk simulator". And I get that people feel like being anonymous means you can let loose and be an a-hole, but it's really just exposing your true self. Have fun having real relations in life because people pick up on that garbage.
Toxicity is a problem in the community. pewdiepie, who has a huge influence just defended toxic players in a way.

toxicity is a problem in every game
pewdiepie probably doesnt have any influence on most of the people on here, and if he does, oh well?
Toxicity is a problem in the community. pewdiepie, who has a huge influence just defended toxic players in a way.

[/quote]
pewdiepie probably doesnt have any influence on most of the people on here, and if he does, oh well?
10/16/2017 03:42 PMPosted by Shelyo
10/16/2017 03:32 PMPosted by Cronus
...True, but as he did say "just mute them".

If there are just a few of them, sure. (but it would also mean that one tolerates such behaviour)

There are too many negative people. You meet toxic people every gaming session and depending on how thick the skin of a person is, it still hurts.
I don't every session, its rare but not that rare for me. I can be toxic sometimes, but everyone can. For example, the day other I was losing a five v six with my friends (enemy had 5) we lost. I got super angry and toxic. But I dont get toxic all the time, but people would likely categorize me as someone who is toxic every game.
10/16/2017 03:33 PMPosted by Razien
Are you not capable of reading? Where did I say homophobe or that he is one? I just said he made racist and homophobic slurs on stream and have seen videos of him being the most toxic person I have ever seen to his team while playing games.

Y'know...I'll give you this one. I assumed that when you said your original statement you were implying that one could be both a Racist and Homophobe by using a slur that is typically directed at those specific groups. I apologize on that front.

However I don't believe you on the rest of your quote. Where are these videos of him being the most toxic person ever? If he was so bad how could he rise so high? People nitpick and critique him over everything. If him being "toxic" was ever really a thing they would have brought it up by now. The Wall Street journal literally did a story on him for Christs sake. They'd fire everything they had if they could find it.

In addition to this I'm gonna add one last thing to this argument. A quote from one of my favorite video game characters who to this day I cannot kill even if it'll advance my storyline (Bonus points if you can guess who it is.): "What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" I know quite a few gamers who have been "toxic" in the past. One of my favorite youtubers happens to be one of them (His name is RaggTagg.)

Even if everything you say is true, who Pewdiepie was before isn't necessarily reflective of who he is now. Also he said 1 racial slur on a stream...once. In addition to this there are more defenses you could use to try and defend him...but I'm not going into it.
Pewdiepie was tolerable like 6 years ago, and now I can't stand hearing his voice for more than 3 seconds.
And of course he would defend toxic gamers when nothing but racial slurs and vulgar words spew from his mouth every 10 seconds.
pewdiepie is about as retarded as the human race can get. I know he is playing a character targeted at like 12 year old minecraft players, but holy crap is he brutal.
10/16/2017 03:46 PMPosted by RƐX

I'm convinced that the rise of the Internet has given rise to sociopathic tendencies since as a general rule it has lowered direct interaction between people. Not to say that about only gamers, but streaming services, information sharing, and anonymous interaction have become more prevalent in society as reasons to stay home for entertainment at the same time as social venues become more costly.
You mean to tell me that the grown man who shouts racial slurs on stream, thinks toxicity isn't bad?

Shocker!
10/16/2017 03:51 PMPosted by ǶMuscleHunk
You mean to tell me that the grown man who shouts racial slurs on stream, thinks toxicity isn't bad?

Shocker!
You say that like he says something horrible all the time. That is simply not true.
10/16/2017 03:29 PMPosted by Shelyo
10/16/2017 03:20 PMPosted by Cronus
...He defends toxicity throughout all games, and says that games should be where people can be bad, so they aren't bad in real life.

They are bad towards people in real life.
Those people behind the screen are still real, so it doesn't make it in any way less bad.

I rage out all the time online, the only difference is I don't rage out into my microphone

That doesn't mean I rage out while I'm at work or hanging with friends

I find video games to be an escape, more than a sport. e-sports makes a game a lot less of an escape and more of a chore. It's why I've stopped playing competitive on Overwatch, now I only get stressed out if there are people complaining about peoples skill level in quick play
He's the epitome of an annoying player...naturally he'd defend his fellow trolls. Not a good reputation to strive for, seeing as acting like that during Comp or otherwise will guarantee you'll never build a team/base of friends to play with.

Pewdiepie is a "man child".
10/16/2017 03:52 PMPosted by Cronus

Shocker!
You say that like he says something horrible all the time. That is simply not true.
The dude is almost 30 years old. No need to defend him.
10/16/2017 03:52 PMPosted by Cronus

Shocker!

I mean, lately it's been the case...
10/16/2017 03:22 PMPosted by AntiBravoman
why would you ever agree with anything that racist homophobic loser says? anything he says should immediately be ignored based on the fact hes racist and homophobic

10/16/2017 03:14 PMPosted by Razien
Isn't he the dude who uses racist and homophobic language when playing games on stream? Of course he will defend then when he is the king of them lol
yup!

He isn't a racist nor homophobe and I can easily say that because I've bothered to see the full cases where people make those accusations from and it always ends up having been something he said used out of context in a malicious way against him. And im saying that as a gay mixed guy for those who would probably try some dumb race card to ignore what im saying. As for what he said in the video about toxicity, which again I actually watched, it seemed to me like his thoughts on it were him saying how he sees gaming as a proper place to take out more toxic kinds of anger or for venting. I do agree with him on that since games do make a great way to vent or get over some stuff but I disagree to the extent of saying it's not an issue still. If you're ready to rage it's best you play something offline/alone or play muted. Frustration in players is something very different from being toxic and I think that has to be where the line for defending it is drawn. I've dealt with people who just are playing while frustrated about something and those are the people where you should tell people to be considerate of and help calm down but when someone is just being outright toxic, no, do not defend that behavior once it starts affecting others.
10/16/2017 03:35 PMPosted by ԞԐԞ
why would you ever agree with anything that racist homophobic loser says? anything he says should immediately be ignored based on the fact hes racist and homophobic

... yup!

You have gay lol
i mean... i am gay yes so i guess you got me? sick roast bro
10/16/2017 03:48 PMPosted by GlitchedBat
And of course he would defend toxic gamers when nothing but racial slurs and vulgar words spew from his mouth every 10 seconds.

thats Hyperbole designed to discredit his points simply based on who he is and not what hes saying.

Its actually pretty terrible.

And this is the crux of discussions like these. Hyperbolic misinformed statements that seek to discredit people by painting them as some form of evil. I point to the statement above, but there have been quite a few here who have come to 'tell the facts' but havent given context to the things claimed.

Im not a fan of his work personally. Not my cup of tea. But Im aware of the 'scandals' hes had, and most of which are broadly painted by people who maliciously want to discredit him either out of envy, or ego, or fear. And they all do it the same. They attack him based on his character and they typically take statements or things out of context of why theyre given.

People are free to judge him how they please, but I would hope people have enough self respect and dignity to not resort to tactics like those demonstrated in this thread (and elsewhere on the internet) where they think it's ok to dismiss him with accusations of racial discrimination and homophobia, or claims he supports the 'alt-right' (A very broad term that is levied at a lot of people who dont even identify with identitarian politics).

Seriously, discuss his points he makes. Not who he is. Again, saying hes "X and Y" isnt an argument. Its lazy self serving bias that really just paints people in a very ugly light.
Toxicity sucks to deal with, but I'm seeing some really toxic stuff coming from people who say they are extremely against it lol
10/16/2017 03:56 PMPosted by BlyZeraz

... yup!

He isn't a racist nor homophobe and I can easily say that because I've bothered to see the full cases where people make those accusations from and it always ends up having been something he said used out of context in a malicious way against him. And im saying that as a gay mixed guy for those who would probably try some dumb race card to ignore what im saying. As for what he said in the video about toxicity, which again I actually watched, it seemed to me like his thoughts on it were him saying how he sees gaming as a proper place to take out more toxic kinds of anger or for venting. I do agree with him on that since games do make a great way to vent or get over some stuff but I disagree to the extent of saying it's not an issue still. If you're ready to rage it's best you play something offline/alone or play muted. Frustration in players is something very different from being toxic and I think that has to be where the line for defending it is drawn. I've dealt with people who just are playing while frustrated about something and those are the people where you should tell people to be considerate of and help calm down but when someone is just being outright toxic, no, do not defend that behavior once it starts affecting others.

Yep. I don't agree with him defending toxic players, but he is really not as bad as the media portrays him. Like you said, if you look into the full video, you can see that it was used out of context.