"It's just QP!" or "It's just a game!"

General Discussion
Anyone that says "It's just quick play." should be banned. Do they realize how weak that argument is? By that logic, they should be playing in the arcade. This is a team game. We are on a team. If you don't want to be part of a team, go play Deathmatch! This whole attitude of "I can do whatever I want without any regard for anyone else." is toxic.

"It's just a game!" Sure, but my time is real, and I do not appreciate having it wasted by trolls.

As a support main, one of the most maddeningly frustrating things is trying to coax my team into playing better only to be mocked and ridiculed. How is this acceptable behavior? They wouldn't pull this garbage in real life. If it was football they would be kicked out of the game.

The 4-DPS anti-meta in quick play is cancer. Please, make it stop!

Edit 1: I'll leave the original message so as not to confuse anyone with the responses below. Banning is obviously too severe of a punishment. I was a bit tilted when I wrote it. Take it as hyperbole. Seriously though, what is one supposed to do when the people who are supposed to be working with you actively go out of there way to be antagonistic?

Edit 2 (copied here for visibility): I never said play the meta. I never mentioned specific heroes. We are talking about politely asking any of 4 DPS to switch to a tank.

It's funny that so few people actually read the entire post. Maybe they don't know what hyperbole means. The few people who actually understood what I was saying, like Gunakor, and Quirky, and Attlus, were downvoted along with me. Raven understood too.

For anyone saying "go play competitive", how about "no!" This is coming from someone that climbed from gold to diamond over the course of several seasons, mostly solo.

In competitive, yes there are more people that try. The trolls are more extreme too, so it balances out. It is much more disheartening to lose because of a troll in competitive than it is in quick play. The worst part is that feeling of powerlessness to stop it. There is no vote kick. Blocking people doesn't really help. There is no interface that says, "This person is ruining the experience for everyone. I never want to play with them again."

What I want is a permanent off-season like mode. Close matches, no SR gains or losses, and friendly people. Additionally, it would make an excellent place to warm up for competitive.
Getting banned for such is bit of a stretch...
I get what you feel and mean, but banning should really be a last resort kind of thing
Those who say "It's just quick play" because they're trolling or throwing should be punished - and in theory, anyway, that's a reportable offense. But if players are saying "It's just quick play" because they're practicing a hero they aren't very good at, why on earth would you ban that player?
<Removed by forum moderator for toxicity>
"It`s just QP"

is only the excuse of the weak who accept being steamrolled

nothing more, nothing less
QP is to learn new heroes or try some of the funny things Muselk does on his videos. If you want people to be serious then play comp.
It's only a game, why you heff to be mad?
10/22/2017 02:39 AMPosted by Rosenrot234
10/22/2017 02:36 AMPosted by Gunakor
Those who say "It's just quick play" because they're trolling or throwing should be punished

OH NO. They said words! PUNISH

Yeah no. Not for something like that. Not when Zarya has a reference to "Its only game. Why you haff to be mad?"

They shouldn't be punished for saying "It's just quick play." They should be punished for throwing in quick play, and justifying it by saying "It's just quick play." Make sense?
10/22/2017 02:56 AMPosted by Sm4llP0X
QP is to learn new heroes or try some of the funny things Muselk does on his videos. If you want people to be serious then play comp.

Hard to learn new heroes when your entire team mass derps, Just saing Because: qp
To me, it is just QP. I play what I want, just as everyone else on either team. If we work together with what we have, why should we have to treat it like comp? We're not losing anything other than the game (and we don't even lose half the time).

Yes, it gets annoying sometimes when you're getting rolled by a good enemy composition, but at the end of the day, just queue up again and try a new match. Not everyone will want to stress about this game, which is why they stick to QP.
10/22/2017 03:06 AMPosted by Gunakor
They shouldn't be punished for saying "It's just quick play." They should be punished for throwing in quick play, and justifying it by saying "It's just quick play." Make sense?

Ah that kinda stuff. My apologies.
Why don't you try competitive then?

I never understood this.

Competitive is the same exact game. But it has exactly what you're asking for and then some.

It has FAR stricter match making so you won't see silvers put against top 500 grand masters, the people who don't give a damn and mess around get put into low SR ranks while people who care and try to win get put at higher SR, people there are more willing to work together and actually try to win, people more or less give some form of a damn and the list goes on.

Competitive is by all means everything you're asking for. So why not go play competitive? Why must quick play also be treated like competitive? Quick play is where a lot of us go to practice heroes and have relaxed fun, competitive is where we go for when we want something serious.
10/22/2017 03:20 AMPosted by Meowcenary

I never understood this.

Competitive is the same exact game. But it has exactly what you're asking for and then some.

It has FAR stricter match making so you won't see silvers put against top 500 grand masters, the people who don't give a damn and mess around get put into low SR ranks while people who care and try to win get put at higher SR, people there are more willing to work together and actually try to win, people more or less give some form of a damn and the list goes on.

Competitive is by all means everything you're asking for. So why not go play competitive? Why must quick play also be treated like competitive? Quick play is where a lot of us go to practice heroes and have relaxed fun, competitive is where we go for when we want something serious.

Because we're sick of competitive.

Unable to cap the first point in KOTH? Good luck with a 50% chance of people throwing.
10/22/2017 03:20 AMPosted by Meowcenary

I never understood this.

I repeat my above statement, It's hard to learn new heroes when your team is stinking up a storm of failure because "It's just quick play"
10/22/2017 02:39 AMPosted by Rosenrot234
10/22/2017 02:36 AMPosted by Gunakor
Those who say "It's just quick play" because they're trolling or throwing should be punished

OH NO. They said words! PUNISH

Yeah no. Not for something like that. Not when Zarya has a reference to "Its only game. Why you haff to be mad?"
people want to win games, people are competitive by nature. If you want to practice go to arcade, it being a game or quick play is no excuse for refusing to switch. It's worse if you're a !@#$ about it, as almost everyone is, this is exactly why the banning system is being overhauled.
it used to trigger me but now i understand they're just trolls with no interest in winning or improving. All you can do is play to best to your ability and improve your own game play. Blizzard have made it clear they aren't going to do anything about qp trolls.
Even though it's QP, I still try at least. I don't feel as pressured or as tense in it as I do in comp games and I like it that way. So I never just blurt out "It's just QP!" when someone gets tilted, even if it is how I feel about it. I mean, why goad them on when they're already getting salty? :/

But I do agree; It's just a game. Meant for recreational enjoyment and a means to escape the stressful anxieties that is daily life. I can't do much when it comes to who picks what, but I'll do what I can. I don't condone the toxicity in the games I'm put in, but falling into the toxic mentality would be not only a stupid move on my part, but it wouldn't help in the long run. From anyone.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
I sort of understand your frustration over uncooperative teammate over there, but well, it is just ... a game really. Sorry about that. I personally here to play and have fun, not to argue with people.

Trolls are like that anyway, they annoy you regardless. I've seen some players who play badly and actually apologize for it. I sometimes apologize if I play badly as well, but not too often. Most of the time people won't really say that though. It's risky to apologize, who knows you bump into a troll or several of them and start bashing you for the team losing.
you're no fun.