The Art of Overwatch

General Discussion
Highly Rated
Hey Jeff,

You can congrat your team. This book is amazing.

I liked the several artwork books Blizzard release those past years but they were mainly linked collections of brillant things you could already find on Internet (talking about The Art of Blizzard, The Art of World of Warcraft…).

The amount of exclusives artwoks in this one is just « whooooooooo !!!! »

Still waiting for a proper comic to replace the last one you canceled.

Have a nice day
That will mean so much to the Art Team. They worked so hard not only on the art of the game but they also put in a lot of time making that book awesome. I remember the first time Arnold showed us the cover, we were all floored with how awesome it was. Bill Petras, our Art Director, put a ton into it as well.

The writing is really cool too. Matt Burns interviewed a ton of the artists and put some really great insight into the book.

I will pass along the feedback! Thanks for this.
I love this book, its amazing.

Blizzard, you nailed it.
11/08/2017 09:01 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
That will mean so much to the Art Team. They worked so hard not only on the art of the game but they also put in a lot of time making that book awesome. I remember the first time Arnold showed us the cover, we were all floored with how awesome it was. Bill Petras, our Art Director, put a ton into it as well.

The writing is really cool too. Matt Burns interviewed a ton of the artists and put some really great insight into the book.

Now I want to buy it just because of how much effort was put into it, I've been on the fence
Got the Limited edition and I lost count one how many times I've read it. So worth getting.

Thanks for bringing out this awesome book.

Awesome! They deserve the credit.

Out of interest, is the cinematic team completely seperate from the game artists and game animators? The cinematics are beautiful, and more detailed than most animated movies :D
I didn't realize they made an art book!! Nice!! I'd love to get my hands on a copy. I'll have to look in to this!
Oh my god this art book means everything to me as someone who wants to be a concept artist. I still haven't fully gone through it but I loved all the different designs and reworks for characters like Junkrat and Reaper.
11/08/2017 08:59 AMPosted by Senomar
Still waiting for a proper comic to replace the last one you canceled.

I wish they would just revive the cancelled comic, I'd die to read it :')

They deserve lots of credit for the book. It’s amazing
I moved just before it came out, and it got sent to the old address (I think)

Hope you guys are enjoying the read!

Any favorite parts?
I should have bought it, I was at the store!! noooo will be picking it up next chance I get

Who designed Ana's Biotic rifle? It the most aesthetically pleasing weapon in the game. Though, if i had to choose the best version of the rifle, i'd pick the one she has on the Horus skin.
Oh and that male Mercy concept art? That was probably my favorite bit in that book that I have so far and I need to know who was responsible for it because it's so amazing. Like I'm glad you guys kept a similar suit design to what we have now in game, even though the wings are a bit different.
Picked up the limited edition version... nice stuff, the art direction is one of the main reasons Overwatch is so successful and it's great to see it get the recognition it deserves in such a beautifully massive book ;)
11/08/2017 10:41 AMPosted by WarGoat

Who designed Ana's Biotic rifle?
In the book most of the concept art for Ana is attributed to Arnold Tsang and Ben Zhang. However, there is an image of the rifle by itself attributed to David Kang. These are just for the 2d concept stages.
Papa jeff Replied !!!!
Thanks so much for this marvelous compilation of art. I really cannot praise this book enough, i love it. Even the package is neat and very original. Wow, congratulations. I still ask myself how you pulled that off for a price of 60$. Thank you Blizz-art-Team <3
We can get a art book but not a rule book.
Blizzard: Our passion is to create good comics, books and animation!

Consider being the next Disney.

(I WANT THE OVERWATCH MOVIE NOW!)