Newest Mercy Nerf

General Discussion
Doesn't rez have something like a 1.7 second cast time? Why are players acting like it's 10 seconds?

Flashbang has a 0.7 cast time with a max range of 7 meters (5 meters thrown + 2 meter radius) and if you don't get the kill during that, most of the time it's because you screwed up and/or are plain bad.

New Res basically means Mercy flashbangs herself for more than double the duration and has to be within 5 meters of where someone literally just died, and she has to do so as the highest priority target in the game, literally glowing as a "shoot me" target.

1.7 seconds may seem like a short time, but in a fast paced game like this, it can easily be the difference between life or death.
11/12/2017 01:17 PMPosted by Corpro
Doesn't rez have something like a 1.75 second cast time? Why are players acting like it's 10 seconds?

Overwatch is a fast pace game, in HOTS 2 second res would be fine, but in this game 1/75=eternity so everyone and their blind grandma could kill you or disrupt your res. Like D.Va flying through your whole team to bump you.
11/12/2017 01:22 PMPosted by Zaydar
11/12/2017 01:17 PMPosted by Corpro
Doesn't rez have something like a 1.75 second cast time? Why are players acting like it's 10 seconds?
Because they can't fly into 3 enemy players, rez and run away before she gets sprayed down anymore.

That is literally what Mercy players do, and that is why this upsets them so much.

If I'm wrong correct me.

If you noticed, the main argument has nothing to do with that. You shouldn't be able to freely do that. And, unlike what most people seem to think, doing so was usually already death, at the very least death for the person you Resed, who can't just GA out of there. Or am I not supposed to point out the fact that you're complaining that someone got resed right in the middle of 3 of you, was literally abandoned by their healer, and you still can't kill them?

The issue is the slow makes it so you can't even rez in the middle of your own team. Enemy pushes onto the point, as they should when they get a pick? Here's to hoping that the enemy just casually walks around and ignores me. Enemy simply takes high ground and looks over the team, and gets a pick? Let's just go right next to that dead body and stand there, surely the enemy will just let me be, they already got their pick.
Mercy's nerf is fair and justified. Nothing wrong with it.
Mercy 2.1 was fine, she needed a nerf. Mercy 2.2 makes it clears that the devs just don't want Rez as a mechanic but can't get rid of it because of the sh*tstorm they would be bringing upon themselves by even more radically changing one of the most popular heroes in the game (who is only so popular mind you because this game has now 5 options for people that like to play Support and over twice that number for people who like to do damage. Her new Rez is a glowing "PLEASE SHOOT ME" sign above her head for two seconds, because Rez was 'unfair and frustrating'. Right. Because new Rez for MERCY players will totally not be 'unfair and frustrating'.

Why is instantly reviving people such an issue while instakilling isn't? Jeff spoke about Hanzo and Scatter Arrow and they seem to be fine with Hanzo basically oneshotting tanks, Roadhog now oneshotting people again because people figured out that they can oneshot people if they hold W and click 2 more buttons, Doomfist existing in his currently broken state, Junkrat existing in his currently broken state (Doomfist bugged to crap and Junkrat being laughably OP), Tac Visor getting team wipes (Which is literally auto aim but apparently Mercy is the easy one), Pulse Bomb existing, and Genji's ultimate. But yeah. Rezzing people instantly is 'unfair and frustrating', aka "DPS players don't like it so supports and tanks can suck us off".

Great job Blizz, truly. Instead of just removing the ability and making a decision that you feel would better the game, you leave Mercy in a state where she's going to be a troll pick compared to Moira who does more healing WHILE doing damage. "BUT SHE'S HARDER, SHE HAS TO AIIIIIIIIIM!". No. She doesn't. She aims as much as Winston and has to throw bouncy balls into small corridors, how difficult! Her ult lasts for a year and pierces barrier, how difficult! She has one of the best evades in the game on a 6 second cooldown, how difficult! Plus Ana's getting a long overdue buff! But yeah. Let's bring Mercy's Rez back to launch. Remember? When she LITERALLY and you had to give her an invulnerability buff so she'd stop suiciding? Yeah! Now you suicide to TRY and get a single target, get shot by anybody with two thumbs, and then die AND lose your 30 second cooldown! Absolutely f***ing genius, guys, really! Thank you so much for ruining one of your only supports, please keep jerking off your precious DPS mains! What an absolute joke.
11/12/2017 01:31 PMPosted by Slyther0829
If you noticed, the main argument has nothing to do with that. You shouldn't be able to freely do that. And, unlike what most people seem to think, doing so was usually already death, at the very least death for the person you Resed, who can't just GA out of there. Or am I not supposed to point out the fact that you're complaining that someone got resed right in the middle of 3 of you, was literally abandoned by their healer, and you still can't kill them?
Imagine on Route 66, on that little gas station on the first area, if a Winston jumps up there and gets melted, a Mercy can fly up there and res in 1 second and simply jump down. And not everyone can be concentrated on protecting a dead body.

Also, almost everyone in this meta either has the mobility or health to get out of there with the Mercy.

And what do you mean "No shot at rez?" oh I don't know imagine something crazy like a Zarya shielding you, a Reinhardt pushing with you, D.va DMing you, some other healer healing you.

But no, I need to be able to go in alone, and run away alone.

And you also ignored the fact how unkillable Mercy is while ulting. Not for 6 seconds, not for 10 seconds but for 20 seconds. An ult that turns her into a way superior Lucio if she holds left click, and a lesser form of Orisa's ult when holding right click, for 20 seconds.
I think they should spend all that time reworking mercy into fixing Doomfist...
11/12/2017 01:41 PMPosted by Zaydar
11/12/2017 01:31 PMPosted by Slyther0829
Imagine on Route 66, on that little gas station on the first area, if a Winston jumps up there and gets melted, a Mercy can fly up there and res in 1 second and simply jump down. And not everyone can be concentrated on protecting a dead body.

Also, almost everyone in this meta either has the mobility or health to get out of there with the Mercy.

And what do you mean "No shot at rez?" oh I don't know imagine something crazy like a Zarya shielding you, a Reinhardt pushing with you, D.va DMing you, some other healer healing you.

But no, I need to be able to go in alone, and run away alone.

And you also ignored the fact how unkillable Mercy is while ulting.

No offense to you, but I really don't want to write everything again, so I'm going to just quote myself here.

Bubble lasts 2 seconds, Res lasts 1.75. That's some pretty precise timing needed, and that's assuming that it's up. Plus they only have 200 health, and if that pops, they're already shooting at the highest priority target. There's also the fact that a teammate can unintentionally hijack the bubble.
If they died, then Rein probably isn't capable of just walking up and shielding it. Especially if the enemy simply pushes or gets high ground, Rein can't shield all sides at once.
Orisa's same as Rein, someone died, meaning the shield didn't save them, so there's no reason to assume suddenly it'll save Mercy in the exact same place. But this time Orisa can't even move the shield whenever she wants.
Again, D.Va's DM lasts 2 seconds. Even if it's fully up and pulled off perfectly, some people can still shoot through it.
Wintons bubble is the only fair one, but even then that requires it to be up and for him to pretty much give up his entire diving style just for her.

This is all assuming that A) They can coordinate and execute this perfectly within the 10 seconds allotted, and B) It wasn't a tank that died. And that's where the worst part about this, it's no longer about Mercy, it's entirely dependent on her team and luck.

"Get your team to protect you" is an incredibly tall order in a game where people refuse to simply join voice chat because they don't want their feelings to be hurt.

You also don't need to get your entire team to protect an enemy body to prevent Res, all you need to do is just push up to scare the Mercy back, then actually shoot her if she flies right into the middle of you.

Also, I didn't ignore the fact that Mercy's hard to kill during her ultimate ability (when you don't counter ult her that is), you're the one who seems to have forgotten that the changes don't apply to that, so bringing it up is pointless. The only relevance that Valk has is it will literally be the only times she will ever be able to Res, and at most that will be 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otsbBliY6q4&feature=youtu.be&t=382

^ Is the reason why new ress is basically awful.

"Oh nobody should even see you ress? It's pretty darn safe around corner and no enemy has line of sight to you? Your team's Zarya is next to you bodyblocking and ready to bubble? Should be perfectly fine to ress Ana no-"

*gets one clipped by tracer using two blinks from around the corner out of los, sacrificing mercy to get a very important ress off just and just*

"Well now"

Anything but immobility.
11/12/2017 01:57 PMPosted by Slyther0829
Bubble lasts 2 seconds, Res lasts 1.75. That's some pretty precise timing needed,
What? So Mercy has 25 health or she will die if the bubble timing was just a bit off?

And again, you refuse to acknowledge that Mercy's E is comparable in usefulness to Ana's ultimate, you refuse to acknowledge how strong it is. An ability that strong needs to have strong counter play, which it doesn't unless you're playing a specific team comp.

The funny thing is, you can play Mercy without ever using her E, and she would still be a perfectly valid pick. And now you're complaining how you can't do it as easily anymore.
11/12/2017 02:01 PMPosted by Nere
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otsbBliY6q4&feature=youtu.be&t=382

^ Is the reason why new ress is basically awful.

"Oh nobody should even see you ress? It's pretty darn safe around corner and no enemy has line of sight to you? Your team's Zarya is next to you bodyblocking and ready to bubble? Should be perfectly fine to ress Ana no-"

*gets one clipped by tracer using two blinks from around the corner out of los, sacrificing mercy to get a very important ress off just and just*

"Well now"

Anything but immobility.

"No enemy has los"

Dude you can clearly see the enemy Genji throwing a clip into the Mercy's head on the Tracer's screen right before she goes in to one-clip. It wasn't a safe res at all. Should have waited a second or two more for that Rein to come in to defend
Good god. Anytime they touch Mercy everyone cries about it being too much of a nerf. Even when they reworked her into a brainless god for Mercy 2.0 they cried saying they're all going to quit, how Mercy is badly NERFED of all things after the rework hit PTR. Please stop. Go play PTR. Look at your ress count after the game is over. Is it higher than single digit numbers? That's still more than Mercy 1.0.

I even see a complaint that you're losing valuable heal time by 1.75 seconds ressing? Is this really your argument? Holy hell. Do you know what's more valuable than 1.75 seconds of healing? Bringing a 0 health ally to full health. There's risk involved now good. You decide when you want to risk it. Remember the dead body is there for 10 seconds. There is no split second decision making there is just you taking your time and weighing your options, maybe asking for protection maybe ressing around the corner which I have done on the PTR.

Someone even said Zarya's bubble cannot help you since you need INSANE COORDINATION to pull it off since it's only 2 seconds long. Is it very hard to just bubble Mercy while she resses? Oh but my precious Mercy might get hit during the initial ress animation for the 0.2 seconds that she isn't receiving the bubble. Good lord. Please this is so much reaching for excuses it's not even funny.
Here's the insane coordination you need: "Zarya you have bubble for me?" "yea" "K I'm ressing in a second give it to me?" "k"
what if, and this is a recommendation, being that its clear that rez to play against is kinda unfun at times, but also mercy did need some kind of tweek, and this definitely wasn't it, but what if:

mercy didn't have res while not using ult, but had a separate ability that A: increases healing on the target she's tethered to from all sources for a period of time (would need play testing based on cd) and also B: the target your tethered to while you heal them takes (varying amounts, i think 30% is good) less damage from all sources. then, when mercy ults, the ability swaps to her 2 person res mechanic as in 2.1, so that you can still enjoy res, while also removing the " i can do it whenever just because" feeling that the opposing team gets.

i know, this isn't exactly the solution to the situation for mercy, but just what if as a thought. i know for cooldown, healing ratio increase as well as dmg redux will need testing for sure, and it might enforce the pharah play that has grown almost as much as junkrat play, so it may not be for the best, but i'm just pitchin ideas

what do you guys think? even if it wasn't this per se, what if we just put the res back into the ult, but keep her ult as it is in 2.1, and giver her a separate ability outside of ult? it might be better, depending on what we pick. could even give it an alternate effect such as a slowing the enemy being hit when she damage tethers someone, that could be cool in its own way, helping your not-so-accurate 76 get a few more paps on that pesky pharah or to lock down the ludicrous speed lucio.
11/12/2017 11:08 AMPosted by SaltyOmnic
But with Mercy 2.2, we got a 1.75 second rez unless ulting. And if you were to get killed, not only would that player not be rezed (which is understandable) but you would also still loose rez and wait another 30 seconds. Which, in my opinion, is a little unfair because in that 1.75 wait time you are a glowing immobile target with a neon sign saying "kill me please and end my suffering". Jokes aside I think this nerf was a little harsh, and I think that they should either remove the nerf entirely, or perhaps rework it to where it's not instantaneous but maybe 1.2, or just 1 second. And instead of being completely immobile, she could just move slowly like McCree when he uses High Noon.

I agree that it was harsh. I mean I was thinking maybe since she got that 1.75 second rez, and I know I'll get hell for saying this, if Mercy had her old ult back the OW team can work that 1.75 seconds into the ult which will make using the rez a little bit more strategic on when to use it and get the most out of it instead of just going in - rez - and fly back out? The slow down of her movement though is also harsh but they can also make her a little bit more mobile when using it. Make her slower than her normal speed but just a tad bit faster than her nerf? It's just a thought and I'm not demanding for it to happen, lemme hear what you guys think about this.
11/12/2017 02:50 PMPosted by WAG0308
But with Mercy 2.2, we got a 1.75 second rez unless ulting. And if you were to get killed, not only would that player not be rezed (which is understandable) but you would also still loose rez and wait another 30 seconds. Which, in my opinion, is a little unfair because in that 1.75 wait time you are a glowing immobile target with a neon sign saying "kill me please and end my suffering". Jokes aside I think this nerf was a little harsh, and I think that they should either remove the nerf entirely, or perhaps rework it to where it's not instantaneous but maybe 1.2, or just 1 second. And instead of being completely immobile, she could just move slowly like McCree when he uses High Noon.

I agree that it was harsh. I mean I was thinking maybe since she got that 1.75 second rez, and I know I'll get hell for saying this, if Mercy had her old ult back the OW team can work that 1.75 seconds into the ult which will make using the rez a little bit more strategic on when to use it and get the most out of it instead of just going in - rez - and fly back out? The slow down of her movement though is also harsh but they can also make her a little bit more mobile when using it. Make her slower than her normal speed but just a tad bit faster than her nerf? It's just a thought and I'm not demanding for it to happen, lemme hear what you guys think about this.

Changing back to her old ult would be an even bigger nerf to Mercy than the current PTR patch ever was, even before your proposed changes.
What are your guys' opinions with Mercy 2.2? Is she good the way she is or should the dev team be a bit more forgiving with her?
More forgiving? What?
My prediction is that she will be a must pick still, needing further nerfs.
What are your guys' opinions with Mercy 2.2?
She's completely useless outside of her ult.
How to make rez valuable, yet not mandatory

THIS is the $6mil question
11/12/2017 03:30 PMPosted by Kirby
How to make rez valuable, yet not mandatory

THIS is the $6mil question

By making it situational or require thought/skill to utilize. Which is exactly what the nerfs seem to be targeted towards

11/12/2017 03:28 PMPosted by MofoMan2000
What are your guys' opinions with Mercy 2.2?
She's completely useless outside of her ult.

So exactly like the old Mercy then? Whats the issue?