Love how everyone is scared of getting banned...

General Discussion
when literally no one cares. Few people go out of their way to report people for picking Genji or Sombra. Take a chill pill lmao. A couple people get banned and people assume that everyone will get banned. If you pick Torb on attack, you are asking to get reported. Your turret will get killed immediately wherever you put it, and you don't have a good way of protecting yourself. If you can't aim, pick Mercy. Just hold left click on your teammates, ez pz.
What's with this...lost, sassy child?
Ok I agreed with the first part of the post well enough, until the second where you got suddenly really passive aggressive and antagonistic.

Like you do realize acting like that ruins all credibility?
11/12/2017 03:33 PMPosted by Ryan
Few people go out of their way to report people for picking Genji or Sombra.
Enough people to get suspended apparently
Few people go out of their way to report people for picking Genji or Sombra.

A few people, here and there, over a couple months... RIP account. That's the issue.
11/12/2017 03:35 PMPosted by Kryptsm
Ok I agreed with the first part of the post well enough, until the second where you got suddenly really passive aggressive and antagonistic.

Like you do realize acting like that ruins all credibility?
Not sure where you are getting passive aggressiveness or antagonizing from, I was giving an alternative for people who can't aim with regular heroes. Because I don't see any other reason to pick Torb on attack except that you are good at aiming with him. So if you can't aim with anyone else, pick a healer. Or Winston, Symmetra, etc.
people are paranoid.. i got one ban since beta and iam not paranoid like the forums to lose my account lmao
People get reported for picking sym on attack meanwhile i had matches where the only reason we won was because we had a sym on attack. Just picking an unpopular hero doesn't mean you're hindering your team.

If it doesn't go well and you refuse to switch, then you're hindering your team but often enough people get reported during set up before the match even starts because "they picked sym on attack" etc.
I've reported countless people for griefing and being toxic. I know Blizzard says they'll send you an email when action has been taken... well I've never gotten ONE SINGLE EMAIL... EVER.

Apparently it doesn't work, at all. The only people who get banned or suspended for being toxic are the people on the forums. In-game, you can forget about it.
This confirms my fears. Playing Torbjorn on attack WILL get you reported because it is now considered toxic behavior in the eyes of many of the community.

Thanks Blizzard.
Maybe people are worried because as right now, we have confirmation that people have been banned for being uncooperative and not switching off a hero their teammates ask them to.

It was previously understood, and stated directly by Blizzard and the overwatch development team, that you could not be reported for this.

If this response over the weekend is confirmed after the holiday to be the new standard, then the amount of reports is going to sky rocket.

I know I'd love to go one round without a Genji going head on into Torb/Sym/Winston, but I never actually thought it was a reason to report them. Now it is and everyone is going to do it. To think otherwise is just naivete.
11/12/2017 04:12 PMPosted by Torbjornator
This confirms my fears. Playing Torbjorn on attack WILL get you reported because it is now considered toxic behavior in the eyes of many of the community.

Thanks Blizzard.
its considered throwing. and it is throwing 90% of the time
11/12/2017 03:34 PMPosted by Kirby
What's with this...lost, sassy child?
I get that reference.
If you pick Torb on attack, you are asking to get reported. Your turret will get killed immediately wherever you put it, and you don't have a good way of protecting yourself. If you can't aim, pick Mercy. Just hold left click on your teammates, ez pz.

If torb doesn't work on attack, why was he picked on attack in the world cup. Sure, it was only on payload, but you say it like torb is never viable on attack when that isn't true. Also, torb requires a fair bit of aim. You turret is not the main damage dealer of your kit, its your pivot gun. If you can aim those shots(which due to arc and travel speed is not easy), torb can be pretty effective.
11/12/2017 04:23 PMPosted by Killbill
Throwing is intentionally attempting to lose the game. If a person picks Torbjorn on attack because they genuinely believe that it's a good idea (I mean hey, in the case of Fuey, it seems to work out for him with his 58% winrate), then it is not throwing.

People need to drive this into their mile-thick skulls before they accuse somebody of a bannable offense.
Concept. Principle. Learn these things.
11/12/2017 04:12 PMPosted by Torbjornator

Thanks Blizzard.
Torb works well on numbanI attack
11/12/2017 04:27 PMPosted by Esbern
Throwing is intentionally attempting to lose the game. If a person picks Torbjorn on attack because they genuinely believe that it's a good idea (I mean hey, in the case of Fuey, it seems to work out for him with his 58% winrate), then it is not throwing.

People need to drive this into their mile-thick skulls before they accuse somebody of a bannable offense.
...you intentionally pick a bad hero for the specific situation/map.
11/12/2017 04:32 PMPosted by Killbill
...you intentionally pick a bad hero for the specific situation/map.
...you intentionally pick a hero you're comfortable with and believe that you can get the most work done with. If doesn't work out, so be it. You must still be doing something right if you have a 50+% win rate.