Trouble saving Highlights

Technical Support
Occasionally overwatch is having trouble saving highlights using the record function, especially ones from custom games where the host skips the play of the game, it gets stuck either at 75% or at 99% and if I try to cancel the recording overwatch freezes and needs to be closed using outside means to forcefully close it
bump for senpai to notice me
The game is still soft locking while saving highlights
It especially has trouble if the highlight is a play of the game
seriously blizzard this is a big problem that the game softlocks while saving highlights
Hello AMicrowave!

We're looking into this. Thanks for reporting it!

Thanks,
Bruce
My play of the game wont save either? I have plenty of memory, and I saved one pog already without it getting stuck. It gets stuck at about 55%, and it isn't a custom game.
Also still having this issue. Really annoying, esp. when the potgs I'm trying to save were particularly unique/good, and won't save.
I'm also having this issue.

It depends on the highlight being saved as I have previously successfully recorded a highlight. I can also record other highlights from my Top 5.

I've tried changing the settings and nothing works on this specific highlight. It always gets stuck at 75% progress and I can't cancel it as that does nothing.

Using Windows 10, i5-6600K, RX 580 4GB, Radeon Software 17.9.3
I've just ran into this problem as well, only it always stops right before the letter "S" in "Saved." This has never happened before and I had attempted twice to restart the game. Nothing had worked.

Edit: Okay there are other POTG that have worked but there's this one that just wont budge.
I've experienced this now as well. I can save another top 5 POTG but the one I want to save stops rendering at about 40%. If you hit escape and attempt to cancel the program freezes up. If you cancel your cancel to continue the render it also locks up and won't respond to any key presses. Any way we can send debug info for you to look at blizzard? i7 - 6700k 500GB SSD 16GB DDR4 3000 GTX 1080 Seahawk.
Also having the issue where one of my highlights freezes when I try to save, the rest work fine.
I'm having trouble with one aswell
Same here, one I'm trying to save just stops. :( Here's a screenshot.

https://imgur.com/a/kRyjb

And it's still stuck at that point as I speak.

Edit: Just tried saving today's highlight and it worked. Strangly, the highlight from yesterday(the one in the screenshot) can't save.
Ran into the same issue. Tried saving my POTG highlight. Froze halfway, then when I tried to cancel it by pressing Esc key the bar went to 100% and the game locked up.

Windows 10
Ryzen 1700
R9 380
16 DDR4
Having this exact same problem. Not much more else to say. It gets stuck saving about halfway through (under the G in SAVING) and stops. If I try and cancel it freezes up and I need to force close it. I can save other POTGs but not this one in particular
10/13/2017 08:45 AMPosted by Mac
Having this exact same problem. Not much more else to say. It gets stuck saving about halfway through (under the G in SAVING) and stops. If I try and cancel it freezes up and I need to force close it. I can save other POTGs but not this one in particular

Exact same thing for me, bar gets stuck under the G in Saving
Me too.
Same. PC is for sure strong enough. Usually saves within 10 seconds. This one is stuck. Repeatedly.
So basically we are SOL, as this appears to be some sort of corrupt file issue???

Just looking for an explanation, Blizz/Bruce/whomever...