Not OW Related: Scared of Elevators

General Discussion
How do I get over this never ending phobia? I know it's not OW related but I always get super sweaty and nervous when I'm in an elevator.
error 404 page not found
10/09/2017 11:25 PMPosted by Howlwyn
error 404 page not found
It's soon going to be 404'd probably, but you can at least help someone, right? Yea thanks for the information I'll make sure to follow it.
Claustrophobia?
10/09/2017 11:28 PMPosted by Yiyip
Claustrophobia?

You can say I have something similar, happens in cars though I'm more scared of Elevators, meaning free falling.
stairs
Best way to get over your fears is to face them.

No way around it.
10/09/2017 11:30 PMPosted by Vaxillian
Best way to get over your fears is to face them.

No way around it.
Faced it plenty of times, just used the stairs once or twice in my life. Never use them, don't intend to. I just get worried about what happens when I'm in an elevator.
10/09/2017 11:27 PMPosted by DeadlyPants
10/09/2017 11:25 PMPosted by Howlwyn
error 404 page not found
It's soon going to be 404'd probably, but you can at least help someone, right? Yea thanks for the information I'll make sure to follow it.
You do realize you can post this sort of thing on AskReddit instead of the official Overwatch forums which are meant to only discuss Overwatch.
Elevators have emergency brakes, even if the cable snaps the brakes should catch the cab, meaning no freefall.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.

No kidding, I am actually an engineer.
what are you actually afraid of? often its just a thing you made up in your head or some kinda of trauma which creates the fear.
10/09/2017 11:37 PMPosted by NYRTrueBlue
10/09/2017 11:27 PMPosted by DeadlyPants
... It's soon going to be 404'd probably, but you can at least help someone, right? Yea thanks for the information I'll make sure to follow it.
You do realize you can post this sort of thing on AskReddit instead of the official Overwatch forums which are meant to only discuss Overwatch. Also it's actually against the code of conduct to make posts like this.

"The Overwatch forums are for discussion of topics directly related to Overwatch.
The forums here are specifically to discuss the Overwatch beta and related topics. Any topics not related to Overwatch, Battle.net, or Blizzard Entertainment will be removed."

I know.

Turn down

Never use Reddit, never have I ever entered the site so ;/
10/09/2017 11:46 PMPosted by Nemesis
what are you actually afraid of? often its just a thing you made up in your head or some kinda of trauma which creates the fear.

It's a trauma. I think of events where I'll fall and then die, you can say.
10/09/2017 11:48 PMPosted by DeadlyPants
10/09/2017 11:37 PMPosted by NYRTrueBlue
... You do realize you can post this sort of thing on AskReddit instead of the official Overwatch forums which are meant to only discuss Overwatch. Also it's actually against the code of conduct to make posts like this.

"The Overwatch forums are for discussion of topics directly related to Overwatch.
The forums here are specifically to discuss the Overwatch beta and related topics. Any topics not related to Overwatch, Battle.net, or Blizzard Entertainment will be removed."

I know.

Turn down

Never use Reddit, never have I ever entered the site so ;/
Well you should, because you can ask anything in ask Reddit. There is even an Overwatch Reddit, you should check it out.
Take a look at the steel wires that support it, and at the engine that pulls it if you can.

It's hard not to trust such a robust and sturdy machine.
Play a bunch of hours of Mass Effect 1.
....a bunch
10/09/2017 11:49 PMPosted by DeadlyPants
10/09/2017 11:46 PMPosted by Nemesis

It's a trauma. I think of events where I'll fall and then die, you can say.

so in your early life you fell of something or hurt yourself real hard?

or is it a trauma you cant really describe or want to keep private?