When are we gonna get a junkrat nerf?

General Discussion
This is absolutely ridiculous. He still doesn't have a nerf even after being the 2nd most broken character in the game. He can abuse his concussion mines due to their range, damage output, and how often he gets them. Junkrat shouldn't be able to double concussion mine to kill someone. His ult is absolutely ridiculous. He charges ult probably faster than every other character in the game, and its basically a better version of a pulse bomb. Even the freaking pros have trouble shooting it. This, and mercy nerf better be here before owl starts or viewership will suffer.
When you get gud

that is the only Junkrat nerf that is universally accepted
Never - he is fine where he is at. But if they were to nerf they could start by maybe toning down the tire Ult. He is not as bad as Mercy right now.

Mercy on Team = 90% chance of winning.

Junkrat on Team = 50% chance of winning.

He is not the game changer but just changing the way teams counter and play against him.
11/07/2017 07:47 PMPosted by threads13
Never - he is fine where he is at. But if they were to nerf they could start by maybe toning down the tire Ult. He is not as bad as Mercy right now.

He is not the game changer but just changing the way teams counter and play against him.
no hes not are you insane? blizzard please dont listen to these people. Even the pros are calling him op. hes not fun to play against and hes cheap. You dont need any skill to play junkrat atm.
I bet even without the second mine people would just be whining about Junkrat because they don't know how to counter him
Hopefully...

Never
Here's an easy way to nerf Junkrat in any game you see him: Switch to one of his counters.
Zarya, Pharah, McCree, Widowmaker, Soldier, Roadhog, Winston... even Torbjorn.
11/07/2017 08:00 PMPosted by Elyrh
Here's an easy way to nerf Junkrat in any game you see him: Switch to one of his counters.
what? how do Mccree, Widowmaker, Soldier, Winston and Torbjorn counter junkrat???
Junkrat is finally in a good spot. Thereiisn't going to be nerf, you will need to practice with his counters and learn how to dodge his nads.

Ult can get 1-2 kills most of the time, but all DPS ults are like that. Difference is Junkrat is totally vulnerable while he ults.
11/07/2017 07:53 PMPosted by Fallen

no hes not are you insane? blizzard please dont listen to these people. Even the pros are calling him op. hes not fun to play against and hes cheap. You dont need any skill to play junkrat atm.

Says the guy/girl that never switches and is always playing Ana and getting smashed. Learn to play the game and Counter. If you can’t beat him, join him. Oh and he takes more skill than you think. Meet me in game and I’ll show you skill. Yes, some players just spam bombs but there is more to him than just lobbing. It takes skill to flank, set traps and escape from Pharahs, DVa and Zarya. As for your pros comment, show me the link of these pros. Junkrat is still part of no meta and most users are complaining because for so long he was a hero no one really played and now because of his buff people are playing him more. He is still slow, has average health pool and many counters, so instead of complaining I suggest you practice and learn how to counter him. Cheers
11/07/2017 08:03 PMPosted by Nebbyindabag
11/07/2017 08:00 PMPosted by Elyrh
what? how do Mccree, Widowmaker, Soldier, Winston and Torbjorn counter junkrat???

McCree- destroys Junkrat with his superior range and hitscan ability in two or three shots.
Widowmaker- same thing. He can't touch a properly positioned Widow.
Soldier- hitscan, easy to keep pressure with constant damage on Junkrat, easy to stay midrange and dodge grenades. Helix rocket for sudden burst damage on him if he gets too close.
Winston- bob and weave in your bubble and Junk won't be able to get much of your large healthpool down before your tesla can melt him. If he uses mine to jump away you can follow him with your own and finish him off.
Torbjorn- properly placed turrets are a pain for Junkrat to hit. The constant damage will keep pressure on him and reduce him to only being able to spam.
No junkrat nerf please
11/07/2017 08:04 PMPosted by Mariox
Junkrat is finally in a good spot. Thereiisn't going to be nerf, you will need to practice with his counters and learn how to dodge his nads.

Ult can get 1-2 kills most of the time, but all DPS ults are like that. Difference is Junkrat is totally vulnerable while he ults.

More like invulnerable. Unless you're ulting in the middle of point.
Now pharah for example has less kill potential than the tire and is much more vulnerable. Even reaper's insane selfheal is more vulnerable.
Even when junk does get flanked while ulting, they usually just detonate on the flanker. Like it's too safe, and too easy to get the kill. The tire radius is like half the map, you detonate on payload, and you kill the pharah in the sky.
Rip tire is always a free stagger. You can't just 'go in as pharah and get a double before a teamfight'. You will die over half the time, and not always get the double.
But junkrat. Free fight. Every time. Unless they get lucky and land enough shots on it.
His ult charge is the only thing that needs a nerf. That thing charges too fast for something that could potentially teamwipe. Other than that, he's fine. Anyone with any type of range deletes him.
11/07/2017 08:08 PMPosted by Elyrh
... what? how do Mccree, Widowmaker, Soldier, Winston and Torbjorn counter junkrat???

McCree- destroys Junkrat with his superior range and hitscan ability in two or three shots.
Soldier- hitscan, easy to keep pressure with constant damage on Junkrat, easy to stay midrange and dodge grenades. Helix rocket for sudden burst damage on him if he gets too close.
Winston- bob and weave in your bubble and Junk won't be able to get much of your large healthpool down before your tesla can melt him. If he uses mine to jump away you can follow him with your own and finish him off.
Torbjorn- properly placed turrets are a pain for Junkrat to hit. The constant damage will keep pressure on him and reduce him to only being able to spam.
for mccree and widow if the junkrats smart hes just gonna sneak up on them and get one nade on them and just concussion mine them in less than a second. if winston bubble junkrat can destroy it and concussion mine the winston away and then use another concussion to get away. For torb even if its well placed junkrat just takes it down so easily.
11/07/2017 08:08 PMPosted by Elyrh
... what? how do Mccree, Widowmaker, Soldier, Winston and Torbjorn counter junkrat???

for mccree and widow if the junkrats smart hes just gonna sneak up on them and get one nade on them and just concussion mine them in less than a second. if winston bubble junkrat can destroy it and concussion mine the winston away and then use another concussion to get away. For torb even if its well placed junkrat just takes it down so easily.

11/07/2017 08:04 PMPosted by Mariox

its not the nades i have an issue with, its the mine. it takes no skill to throw due to its huge hitbox
11/07/2017 08:07 PMPosted by threads13
... no hes not are you insane? blizzard please dont listen to these people. Even the pros are calling him op. hes not fun to play against and hes cheap. You dont need any skill to play junkrat atm.

Says the guy/girl that never switches and is always playing Ana and getting smashed. Learn to play the game and Counter. If you can’t beat him, join him. Oh and he takes more skill than you think. Meet me in game and I’ll show you skill. Yes, some players just spam bombs but there is more to him than just lobbing. It takes skill to flank, set traps and escape from Pharahs, DVa and Zarya. As for your pros comment, show me the link of these pros. Junkrat is still part of no meta and most users are complaining because for so long he was a hero no one really played and now because of his buff people are playing him more. He is still slow, has average health pool and many counters, so instead of complaining I suggest you practice and learn how to counter him. Cheers
i dont think u have much skill considering ur a silver. Pros and gms literally agree with me and theyre the best at the game. Ur a sorry casual player who doesn't understand whats healthy for this game.
Maybe Junkrat isn't that horrible but I think Mercy is the reason why people also complain about him. Because when he dies he can become instantly res'd so it feels like he's been alive spamming M1 and LShift forever.
Junkrat's fine. Nerf his ult charge slightly, that's all he needs. Otherwise, he's basically perfect right now. Good at what he does, counterable with what he's bad at.

thats why they play him all the time in tournaments, oh wait they dont cause he isnt.