Widow is still not balanced

General Discussion
1. Kephrii who is considered one of best is not even in top500 ladder. Not to mention he has never been invited to top tournament team because widow has always sucked.
2. In all brackets avarage widow has 4th worst winrate (45%)
3. In GM bracket widow has also 4th worst winrate. So even people with sick aim fail with her.
4. 3% pickrate in tournament = Allmost never picked

Widow is hero designed for 1% elite but even they suck with her.
What do you suggest they do then? She already got the buffs no one above masters asked for and most everyone else thinks she's fine from what I can tell.
I'm betting its because of the hitreg issue.
No, she's fine now. As much as I want her SMG to be worth using, any more buffs would put her a little in the OP section. The hook and mine buff were great, but anything else would be pushing her to become OP. She can already potentially wipe you out instantly, she really doesn't need anything right now. If anything, the other defenders need to be looked at.
09/19/2017 01:34 PMPosted by Bloods
1. Kephrii who is considered one of best is not even in top500 ladder. Not to mention he has never been invited to top tournament team because widow has always sucked.

Last i checked one of the earliest metas was the Widow meta. Im pretty sure Kephrii was on a team then.
09/19/2017 01:39 PMPosted by Darkpengi
No, she's fine now. As much as I want her SMG to be worth using, any more buffs would put her a little in the OP section. The hook and mine buff were great, but anything else would be pushing her to become OP. She can already potentially wipe you out instantly, she really doesn't need anything right now. If anything, the other defenders need to be looked at.

And best widow can't even reach top500. Yeah very balanced.
Lulz, the first point being some streamer or Youtuber. Loses most of the credibility with that alone.
Widow is basically perfect now. The issues are that there are more rewarding and effective heroes that need hammering down for the few DPS slots available. She doesn't need bringing up to Tracer/Genji levels.
a one-trick cant get into top 500?

o no
As a Widow main she is fine.
Kephrii was literally rank 19 today. I have no idea what you are on about.
And it's not like Taimou has used her to great effect in contenders recently.
Just because you as a plat can't aim, doesn't mean the hero is bad.
all seasons combined i have 60% winrate on widow yet im still stuck in diamond. there are just way to many hero that make her useless but now with dva matrix being nerfed i think widow will get some play on top level aswell
1. Kephrii who is considered one of best is not even in top500 ladder.

Haha, get your facts straight buddy - Kephrii was Top #10 during yesterday's stream. At least do your research properly if you wanna be taken seriously.
I already a checked a lot of time the top 500 ladder and i saw kephrii a lot of time so ...

Maybe not this season tho ...
He has been a pro for a while, playing for team Liquid, even if only as a placeholder.

And as far as I recall he doesn't really want to be pro again anyway.
Atm he isn't. Also widow have always been useless in tournament even now after buffs.

Reason why I only care about highest ranks is because it's most skill dependant hero. And most skilled people do better with other hero.

Widow is better but still weak.
09/19/2017 01:39 PMPosted by Darkpengi

Hear hear. I would love for the defense heroes to get their spotlight. I always saw it as a rock paper scissors deal. Defense beats tank (since defense guards areas and tanks take areas), attack heroes beat defense (since the attack heroes are generally more mobile/flexible than defense heroes), and then tanks beat attack (Tanks usually have the advantage in a 1v1 VS an attack hero). We've seen the tanks get tankier and the attackers get better. I would love to see the true "DPS" classes shine now.

Disclaimer: Support heroes are in a category of their own. They enhance the powers of the three other classes.
Shes a high risk hero in a game full of heros with low risk high reward. I have a feeling a sniper heavy meta would make people cry harder than they ever have though, widow was considered one of the most imba heros long ago and people were begging for her to be nerfed. I personally wouldn't mind if widow became a top tier meta pick.
09/19/2017 01:46 PMPosted by tsunamisurfR
all seasons combined i have 60% winrate on widow yet im still stuck in diamond. there are just way to many hero that make her useless but now with dva matrix being nerfed i think widow will get some play on top level aswell

Playing last night after the DM nerf my scoped accuracy has gone up 10-15%. Its a gigantic improvement.
But Kephrii's in the top 50, isn't he?

If you haven't played your 50 games the top500 icon doesn't appear on you, but that doesn't change your skill rating.