System is working, don't blame MM or team

Competitive Discussion
I have 3 accounts within 100 sr and one started as a silver account (friend stopped playing). Seems like you can climb if you belong higher.

In early morning queues I get put in 4-4.3k avg games and they're hard. I lose 1vs1 duels against enemy DPS ~60% of the time and get punished every time I'm out of position. If I ever get a diamond game, I wreck and people wish cancer on me. Seems like I'd belong somewhere in between and that's right where I am, again on 3 accounts.
Well, it is a team game so you can certainly blame them.

There are multiple examples, on streams, of how the MM messes matches up. If you are 3.7k, you shouldn't be matched against 300+ SR higher than you or below you. You should be matched against those who are closer in skill to you. You may float around that SR because of luck or because of the type of people that play in that SR range, but the MM is not good.
I have two accounts that were 476 SR apart after more than 100 games played on each. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758807010 My understanding at this point is that SR variance is much lower for higher ranked players than lower ranked players. I believe this is because the lower ranks are more prone to throwers, boosters, inconsistent play, and insufficient number of games played.
My three accounts are within 200 SR of each other. I think the system works well too.
09/26/2017 05:01 PMPosted by Alias
I have 3 accounts within 100 sr and one started as a silver account (friend stopped playing). Seems like you can climb if you belong higher.

In early morning queues I get put in 4-4.3k avg games and they're hard. I lose 1vs1 duels against enemy DPS ~60% of the time and get punished every time I'm out of position. If I ever get a diamond game, I wreck and people wish cancer on me. Seems like I'd belong somewhere in between and that's right where I am, again on 3 accounts.

Well gosh, there ya have it folks...hes cracked the case!!
His experience is your experience and he guarantees it.
lol logic
i have 2 accounts 1 is master and this one
There's a lot of confirmation bias in the lower ranks with matchmaking theories.

Everyone knows a guy who was gold and got a second account placed in diamond. If it was truly that easy everyone would do it. What they leave out is that the guy fell to gold a week later.

If matchmaking is luck, how do t500 players have multiple t500 accounts? How do I have 3 master accounts? If you can't climb it's because your stats are lower than your peers and you don't consistently make plays that win team fights, it really is as simple as that.
09/26/2017 06:32 PMPosted by Alias
There's a lot of confirmation bias in the lower ranks with matchmaking theories.

Everyone knows a guy who was gold and got a second account placed in diamond. If it was truly that easy everyone would do it. What they leave out is that the guy fell to gold a week later.

If matchmaking is luck, how do t500 players have multiple t500 accounts? How do I have 3 master accounts? If you can't climb it's because your stats are lower than your peers and you don't consistently make plays that win team fights, it really is as simple as that.

Did you even read my post? Did you even follow the link and read that?
How dare you say the system works well.... like... there is so much hate to spew because I'm not as good as I thought and well I cannot blame myself can I!?
Sooo, this MM whatever DOESN'T have an effect on matchmaking? Y'all are going to have to make up your minds.
What I've learned from this, after r looking at the ranks of the users in this thread, is:
* very skilled players are ranked fairly accurately, likely because they're able to participate in matches where all 12 players are on their game at all times
* average players not as accurately, but for many reasons. Throwers and such, of course. Overconfident players, very often.

I was 2400 S5, 1800 now. Every game I'm 3-4 gold medals as Zarya, Rein, Soldier, or mercy (only 1 gold obviously). Occasionally torbjorn with 3-4 golds. Yet, as I'm sure you're expecting me to say, the team often thinks I'm not carrying my weight. I'm not the only target of ridicule, of course. Do I think matchmaking sucks? I used to. I'm not so sure anymore. Because as soon as I climb to 1970ish, I stop getting medals and start losing games.

It's almost as if higher levels of intelligence facilitates increased *self awareness*, leading to skill refinement, and preventing blaming teammates unnecessarily.

Yes, you're 1 player of 6 on your team and if they suck, it sucks for you. Just like it probly sucked for my teams when I was really, really try harding at 2400 last season, but just not able to carry my own weight.

The matchmaking needs improvement, but not nearly as much as most players' attitudes.