Can we bring back team deathmatch?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
10/17/2017 06:34 PMPosted by DSPMankey
Thank you! Do the changes to no-limits address shield gen stacking by any chance? I love playing sym, but I gotta admit it did ruin the fun to have such a clear choice for a winning strategy.

No Limits isn't balanced. That's why we made it go away. Trying to balance No Limits kind of defeats the purpose of the mode. We can nerf Symmetra in that mode but there will be a host of posts complaining that stacking 6 Symmetra shield generators is the only fun thing about OW...

Ooooh we got some shade, I love it.
10/17/2017 06:28 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
It will come back. We're working on some changes to allow for modes like No Limits and the 1v1 modes to come back more often as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuBQkdsajVE
How about you make the arcade multiple paged. So that you have 1 page full of normal stuff like ctf, all the brawls, and no limits, then a 2nd page with elimination stuff. then a 3rd page with event stuff.
I'd love to have it to where you can select to play all the arcade game modes (except seasonal, of course) one day. Thanks for considering bringing back some of these game modes!
It will come back. We're working on some changes to allow for modes like No Limits and the 1v1 modes to come back more often as well.

Is no limits coming back? I need closure. Please.
10/17/2017 06:37 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Thank you! Do the changes to no-limits address shield gen stacking by any chance? I love playing sym, but I gotta admit it did ruin the fun to have such a clear choice for a winning strategy.

No Limits isn't balanced. That's why we made it go away. Trying to balance No Limits kind of defeats the purpose of the mode. We can nerf Symmetra in that mode but there will be a host of posts complaining that stacking 6 Symmetra shield generators is the only fun thing about OW...

Fair enough. I'm not exactly blameless when it comes to that strat either, just thought it got old after a while. Then again, I can see it being a total bummer to be the third sym to get ult, knowing your ult is redundant.
10/17/2017 06:37 PMPosted by LazyTitan
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Imagine a team full of sombra locking the map down forcing your team to choose a healer. Or 6 Torbjörns.
As someone who hasn’t played no limits before, like at all in any form (I’m a relatively new player despite my level), I hope for there to be this kind of chaos! :D
10/17/2017 06:43 PMPosted by Fazb33r
How about you make the arcade multiple paged. So that you have 1 page full of normal stuff like ctf, all the brawls, and no limits, then a 2nd page with elimination stuff. then a 3rd page with event stuff.

He basically just said that's not gonna happen anytime soon.
10/17/2017 06:40 PMPosted by DrScaphandre

Could Lucioball come back as well? That mode is too good to be kept once a year.

Same with Junkenstein's Revenge and Uprising. At the very least let them be available in Custom Games. That way players have a choice and can either wait for the event, or brush up on their skills whenever.
Dear Jeff,

Can we also have Tanks! Charge! Total Mayhem! and This is Ilios! come back while you're at it? Please? Pretty please? I miss them so much, and the game browser just isn't the same.

So leaving the mode unfun for everyone else is fine if it prevents a couple of symmetra players from complaining?
10/17/2017 06:43 PMPosted by Fazb33r

Regardless of whether or not this is feasible in the engine, it would shrink the matchmaking pools of each mode. If you've got 1000 people deciding among 5 games, each game has a pool of 200. That pool gets much smaller when they can choose from 15 or 20.

Personally, I'd rather have the arcade modes that aren't currently featured exist under a grab-bag mode. You queue up, and get dumped into a random mode after a reasonable wait.
As fun as it might sound to keep the PVE events year round, I worry that people would quickly master them.
Any chance we can get the original full set of DM maps back in? I don't understand why some were removed, especially Volskaya, which was my favorite map for Zen DM. :( Hollywood is one of the worst maps and comes up all the time now (it might be better if it had jump pads instead of elevators).
10/17/2017 06:49 PMPosted by UncleKharn

So leaving the mode unfun for everyone else is fine if it prevents a couple of symmetra players from complaining?

Some people think 6 D.Va's unfun. Some people think 6 Mei's is unfun.

Fun is subjective. Where do we draw the line -- especially with modes like No Limits and Total Mayhem.
10/17/2017 06:49 PMPosted by UncleKharn

That isn’t what he’s saying so stop trying to twist his words around. Secondly sombra shuts a team of symmetra down with 1 ult it isn’t even funny. Hell you can go 6 pharah and bully her the entire match.
wow can't wait for the announcement during blizzcon
It seems that Lucioball isn't necessarily for everyone, but a lot of us really really love it. I don't care if it's in the Arcade, please bring it to Custom play.

So will they add another page to the arcade?

Expand the Arcade Layout :D. If that's possible?