Are you allowed to boost players?

General Discussion
Is it legal to log onto someone elses account and rank them up in competitive? I keep coming across this in the game and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to report them.

And, if this is not allowed then why do so many people do it?
I think this is fine? it's not illegal at least, since theres nothing blizzard can do about it either way. Since the player is legit playing the game to win, its fine i guess.

What isnt fine, is you PURPOSELY losing games to derank and play with someone of a lower rank to carry their games and boost their rank. This isnt fine since it ruins the game (especially for your team) if you purposely throw games.

PS: Idk, not a big comp player, might be wrong, please correct me if i am, and dont flame me please.
It's not allowed.

The reason why people do this because it is difficult for Blizzard to detect if someone else is using another person's account
10/23/2017 02:42 AMPosted by Kyaw
It's not allowed.

The reason why people do this because it is difficult for Blizzard to detect if someone else is using another person's account
Ip adress location, if it gets silly then it's very easy to spot. A person won't be in for example California one day, Germany the next and back to Cali the 3rd day ;)

All in all, I would suggest not doing it, if you do you only contribute to the mess competitive is even more. There are already so many cases of people not belonging in a certain rank. It might be cool for your friend to be a rank or two higher but if he didnt obtain it himself it'll be a handicap for the 5 others in his team for the rest of the season until he is back where he belongs.

Just all in all a bad and dumb idea in the long run.
I think it is a breach of T&C if you share your account credentials to someone else. Certain games are already banning such practice.
Illegal? No, there is no law that states you can't do this.

Against TOS? Yes, there are terms of service that state this exact thing. Actually, multiple parts of it. Including, but not limited to...

Sharing account information.
Boosting characters.

People do it because they don't want to put the time in it themselves to do it. Pretty plain and simple there.

Oh, and yes, you will be banned if caught. Believe me, I had a WoW account many years ago caught when I was getting a Druid boosted. (I hated playing Tauren, so yah, judge but it wasn't for gear, just to level him up...and yes, I already had 3 other maxed out characters at the time) The account was shut down in a heart beat and they even reversed any payments I made on it so I was out the money and the account.
Not sure why OP is getting down voted.
It is a valid and good question to ask and understand why it is allowed or not allowed.
it's very bannable and easily detectable