when is genji nerfed?

General Discussion
Prev 1 21 22 23 26 Next
10/31/2017 10:12 AMPosted by AntiBravoman
i also never once, in my 28+ hours on mercy, hid when i had rez cause i didnt like that strategy

but lets be honest. Just because you didn't. Didn't mean the other mercy's didn't too.

The amount of matches I had and people said in voice "Die on point I got rez!"
Jeff, Thank for talking with about some of our concerns. We talked about Genji's deflect, Hanzo's scatter, Doomfist bugs and Mercy's rework.

but what about Mei, Torbjorn and Bastion?
They feel a bit underwhelming right now.
10/31/2017 09:11 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
10/31/2017 09:08 AMPosted by Ceratisa
But she just got re-worked.

Reworking a hero is hard. Sometimes you get it right on the first try, sometimes you need some iteration. Mercy needs a little iteration. Overall, she's a lot more dynamic and fun to play now. But resurrect is too powerful and still playing out like an ultimate ability. It's not her ultimate anymore and needs to be toned down to feel more like a secondary ability. Mercy will still be awesome to play. She is one of the most beloved heroes. But the tuning of resurrect is off currently and needs to be brought in line.

There were couple posts that I saw that asked for Mercy to have resurrect as a resource meter(heal a certain amount of HP for one resurrect) and I feel like this is a much better change for mercy rather than having resurrect being on a cooldown. Please at least give this a try in your internal server, Thank you.
10/31/2017 10:04 AMPosted by Numberlittle
What about Mei?

Mei Ice Block not purging ana bio nade effect.
Is this something that could be considered getting fixed along with following:
Thanks!

Mei getting hooked out of cryo and her ice block being put on Cooldown is still a thing of concern.
10/31/2017 09:21 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We're iterating until she's in a good place. We appreciate your patience with us while we do that.

If you're going to iterate with tiny decreases in power levels, you need to iterate faster.
10/31/2017 09:48 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Her job is to heal. We want healing to feel good for her and to feel good for the people she's healing. Healing is the thing that is core and primary to Mercy above all. Secondary to that it would be her mobility. We don't want her focus to be resurrect.

Please keep focusing on her Mobility. I personally, and many others, feel this is by far the most enjoyable factor with Mercy.
Can you guys please look into somehow potentially in some part of her kit having double GA again? If you change res, re-adding it there wouldn't make too much sense. But at the very least, what about maybe looking into that if you are using Hold to Guardian Angel, and if you activate Valk, it stops GA, and makes you wait for the cooldown. Maybe re-adding GA reset to Valk would be a good idea to ensure that is available to the user upon activation?

There are many Quality of Life, not balance, changes that Mercy players would love, but mobility is something many Mercys enjoy immensely. Having those jarring moments of "where did my GA go?!" when activating Valk is very frustrating to her experience.

Edit: By focusing on her mobility, I am not saying not to look at Res, I directly imply that having been already tweaked when I write about her Mobility. Res absolutely needs change, I am not saying others.
10/31/2017 10:12 AMPosted by HypnoToast
10/31/2017 09:32 AMPosted by SertanejoRai
Can we have a "skip to next blue post" button?

There already is. Look top right of blue posts.

Thank you much for pointing that out. Had never noticed it.
10/31/2017 09:13 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
What would be more helpful than "what about Doomfist" would be a post clearly telling us what is wrong with Doomfist. If there are bugs that you're aware of, list them out (with reproducible steps if possible) and we'll take a look. Or if you think certain abilities are underpowered, let us know which ones feel off to you. But posts that say "what about doomfist (or insert YOUR hero here)" aren't super helpful to us.
Here are three clips of in-game bugs/glitches/problems with Doomfist (I originally posted these in the Bugs forum a few weeks ago):
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759198764#post-1

Doomfist charging through me (with no harm to myself): https://gfycat.com/TatteredThatAzurevase

Doomfist charging through my team (hitting and killing me): https://gfycat.com/MiserableWealthyAnnashummingbird

Doomfist punching through my teammate (hitting and killing me): https://gfycat.com/SinfulRemoteDromedary

Considering I don't play Doomfist, and he's rarely in my games, the fact that I've seen all three of these different issues says his punch is a problem.

I'm just offering up some visual evidence to help get him fixed (for whoever plays him and against him).
I’m seriously astounded that people have been asking for Genji changes (small ones like make deflect match his size more) for like a year and people cry about mercy for two months and she’s gotten like 4 big changes....
10/31/2017 09:53 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
10/31/2017 09:48 AMPosted by jvilla225
Speaking of Hanzo. What events will we see those other 2 skins? You did promise 3 legendaries and we have only seen 1.

As Zenyatta would say, "A warriors greatest weapon is...

...patience."

Get a fire extinguisher!

because jeff is on fire today.

Edit: also

D.va death tab ulti charge information change when. its litterally worthless to know that her meka recall is up when she is dead.
10/31/2017 10:12 AMPosted by AntiBravoman
10/31/2017 09:21 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Having a primary healer who was hiding under a bridge telling people to "die on the point" was not our idea of optimal.
yeah but how often did that actually happen to where it became a problem? i think only bad mercys did this cause in my year of playing this game ive only heard "go die on the point i have rez" maybe one time and it was from a friend when we were in a 6-stack in quick play, and shes a great mercy.

i also never once, in my 28+ hours on mercy, hid when i had rez cause i didnt like that strategy

I'm pretty sure it was actually good mercys that did it, because that is who led the complaints against team res, GM and pro players.
Sorry for offtopic, i'm wrote here only because Main Commander (: 100% read this topic.
Dear Jeff and Devs, please make at Christmas skin named "Snow Maiden"
https://goo.gl/s6p2iB
I know, is not you nationality personage, but see how she beautiful.
(i hope legendary on Tracer, but if on another character - np)
(sry for poor English)
All I'm asking is that whatever you do to Mercy doesn't make her unvaiable and underpowered.. basically useless.

I am NOT denying the fact that she was overturned but I'm extremely worried what they plan to do. My love for this character is extremely strong and I'd hate for her to be simply useless. That's all.
10/31/2017 09:07 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
10/31/2017 09:02 AMPosted by Monkeyman
...Not even his deflect hitbox not matching the visuals?

We can try to improve this. During development of Genji, the deflect hitbox used to be pixel perfect. The end result made it super unpredictable to deflect anything. We had to give some buffer to even make the ability usable. In the meantime, if he's deflecting, don't shoot at him ;)

I'm sorry, I didn't realize shooting the ground = shooting at Genji.
What about colorblind options there still pretty bad and overlooked... And they are really bad to the point they make the game. Unfair to people who actually are color blind
There you have it folks, Genji is balanced! HAHAHAHA!
Jeff, alls I want is a proper LFG/queuing system. I work 40 hours a week, married, real life obligations, etc. It can be tough for me to find 5 other friends online at any given time to queue up together and have a fun competitive experience. Is there anything in the works in regards to a role-based queuing system? Or perhaps an in-game clan system at the least so we have a pool of people to group with? It works great in WoW, so it's not completely without precedent. Thanks!
10/31/2017 09:11 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
10/31/2017 09:08 AMPosted by Ceratisa
But she just got re-worked.

Reworking a hero is hard. Sometimes you get it right on the first try, sometimes you need some iteration. Mercy needs a little iteration. Overall, she's a lot more dynamic and fun to play now. But resurrect is too powerful and still playing out like an ultimate ability. It's not her ultimate anymore and needs to be toned down to feel more like a secondary ability. Mercy will still be awesome to play. She is one of the most beloved heroes. But the tuning of resurrect is off currently and needs to be brought in line.

do u think making resurrect a recource like torbjorns armor or d.va's defense matrix could help bring her inline?
10/31/2017 10:07 AMPosted by abuzhrh
what about torbjorn's head hitbox?

I said the same thing, and tagged him so hopefully he would see lol
10/31/2017 10:15 AMPosted by momo
I’m seriously astounded that people have been asking for Genji changes (small ones like make deflect match his size more) for like a year and people cry about mercy for two months and she’s gotten like 4 big changes....

Simple answer is, the devs have the numbers. They can see when players are exaggerating about hero power and when a hero is being picked almost 100 percent and winning to boot.