when is genji nerfed?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
Jeff this thread makes me so happy thanks for talking with us this morning. Such great news all around
10/31/2017 09:10 AMPosted by FrostyDog
Hey, umm, what about Doomfist? I get Mercy, but he's been in a, well, pretty bad spot, to say the least.

What would be more helpful than "what about Doomfist" would be a post clearly telling us what is wrong with Doomfist. If there are bugs that you're aware of, list them out (with reproducible steps if possible) and we'll take a look. Or if you think certain abilities are underpowered, let us know which ones feel off to you. But posts that say "what about doomfist (or insert YOUR hero here)" aren't super helpful to us.
10/31/2017 09:04 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
10/31/2017 09:01 AMPosted by Zombee

What hero's currently are a problem for you guys though?

Mercy

Straight up, preach it Cap.
10/31/2017 09:00 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We talk about all of the heroes all of the time here. Genji's not currently on our radar as being a balance problem.

At least make the damn deflect visual reflect the actual size thank you.
what about Reaper? Will he every be able to fly under wraith form? :( Faster shadow step animation for him?
10/31/2017 09:01 AMPosted by Zombee
10/31/2017 09:00 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We talk about all of the heroes all of the time here. Genji's not currently on our radar as being a balance problem.

What hero's currently are a problem for you guys though?
Mercy
What about Junkrat? Any thoughts there?
10/31/2017 09:07 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
10/31/2017 09:02 AMPosted by Monkeyman
...Not even his deflect hitbox not matching the visuals?

We can try to improve this. During development of Genji, the deflect hitbox used to be pixel perfect. The end result made it super unpredictable to deflect anything. We had to give some buffer to even make the ability usable. In the meantime, if he's deflecting, don't shoot at him ;)

talking about shooting from the hip holy smokes, I'm done on these forums. Feels like my kill feed just got killed by a 6 man dead eye
10/31/2017 09:13 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Hey, umm, what about Doomfist? I get Mercy, but he's been in a, well, pretty bad spot, to say the least.

What would be more helpful than "what about Doomfist" would be a post clearly telling us what is wrong with Doomfist. If there are bugs that you're aware of, list them out (with reproducible steps if possible) and we'll take a look. Or if you think certain abilities are underpowered, let us know which ones feel off to you. But posts that say "what about doomfist (or insert YOUR hero here)" aren't super helpful to us.

Really? I saw countless posts about why Doomfist and other heroes are underpowered and you come up with this?
10/31/2017 09:11 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
10/31/2017 09:08 AMPosted by Ceratisa
But she just got re-worked.

Reworking a hero is hard. Sometimes you get it right on the first try, sometimes you need some iteration. Mercy needs a little iteration. Overall, she's a lot more dynamic and fun to play now. But resurrect is too powerful and still playing out like an ultimate ability. It's not her ultimate anymore and needs to be toned down to feel more like a secondary ability. Mercy will still be awesome to play. She is one of the most beloved heroes. But the tuning of resurrect is off currently and needs to be brought in line.

Im glad the devs are finally acknowledging this, going with any support combination used to be fine most of the time before the 30s ress, now either i or the other support have to be mercy all the time, playing mercy is a chore for us non mercy support main.

His bugs have been stated a million times all over the forum, thus most people take it for granted, especially his "Doomfist fly through people" bug and the "Rocket punch knock people in walls but they just slide right off and take no wall damage" bug.
10/31/2017 09:02 AMPosted by Monkeyman
...Not even his deflect hitbox not matching the visuals?

We can try to improve this. During development of Genji, the deflect hitbox used to be pixel perfect. The end result made it super unpredictable to deflect anything. We had to give some buffer to even make the ability usable. In the meantime, if he's deflecting, don't shoot at him ;)
a visual circle like lucios aoe would be perfect. You cant see genjis deflect from 30m away jeff. In fact you cant even see him deflecting from 5m if he is behind or close to a tank. Just a visual circle...

Maybe this will help
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758777156
10/31/2017 09:10 AMPosted by Dysvalence
Any chance we can expect an Ana buff before Mercy is considered fully balanced?

Yes. We're increasing her damage.

We've been testing it internally for a while. Last night, we threw our competitive group at it (Masters/GM level players) and they really liked it also. So it will probably make the PTR soon.

I forget exactly what number Geoff set it to but I think it was 70.
In the meantime, if he's deflecting, don't shoot at him ;)
DId this make anyone elses day??? XD
What would be more helpful than "what about Doomfist" would be a post clearly telling us what is wrong with Doomfist. If there are bugs that you're aware of, list them out (with reproducible steps if possible) and we'll take a look. Or if you think certain abilities are underpowered, let us know which ones feel off to you. But posts that say "what about doomfist (or insert YOUR hero here)" aren't super helpful to us

Basically his Rocket punch now has about a 50/50 chance of hitting the target, or "ghosting" through them. And even if you do hit the target, there's a good chance that they'll merely slide along the wall upon impact instead of being dealt damage from the impact.
10/31/2017 09:15 AMPosted by Chiba

Maybe this will help
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758777156

Super helpful. Thank you.
10/31/2017 09:16 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
10/31/2017 09:10 AMPosted by Dysvalence
Any chance we can expect an Ana buff before Mercy is considered fully balanced?

Yes. We're increasing her damage.

We've been testing it internally for a while. Last night, we threw our competitive group at it (Masters/GM level players) and they really liked it also. So it will probably make the PTR soon.

I forget exactly what number Geoff set it to but I think it was 70.

Thread keeps getting better.
Mercy mains let us hold hands and pray we have rough times coming.

Also I died laughing at that genji comment.