when is genji nerfed?

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 26 Next
Are we not going to address the insane amount of damage that Junkrat is dishing out by ... not even looking at his targets? 120 primary fire, 120x2 through mines and 80 damage for stepping into a trap? Those values are insane, no other hero deals so much. Pharah comes close but only through her primary fire, her alternative abilities do not do damage.

Revert some of Junkrat's buffs you did awhile ago if you insist on keeping the damage. Junkrat in his current state punishes you too much for the amount of awareness it requires. He doesn't even need to position properly these days. His mines won't damage him, his ultimate has insane speed so he shouldn't really think twice about when he's about to start it, it also lasts forever (perhaps make it like Genji's blade - e.g. 6 seconds?)

EDIT: Also every now and then I seemingly get one-shot with tracer just from a single mine. The ability is wonky at best. It has too much of area coverage at worst, in my opinion. It's an FPS games, require some precision for the heavy damaging heroes :/
Increasing Ana's damages 60 to 70 is a first step i think. Thank you for that.

But you've really said that Genji is not broken ? I mean why not a perso with all these abilities and passives, but theses hitboxes are really insane..

I'm excited to see what ideas you'll have for new Mercy iteration.

PS : I think 70 damages for Ana isn't enough, but only future could tell us.
Jeff I'm appreciating the transparency. You mentioned how scary it can be approaching us, imo I think you've done a great job overcoming this adversity! Have a lovely Halloween. Much love to you and the OW team!
10/31/2017 09:25 AMPosted by Hun
Can you address "rigged MMR SYSTEM" please. Too many people crying over the system is out to get them.

It's not. Stop being so paranoid.

Addressed.
So how long until Stylosa uploads a video referencing this post? Ten minutes? Fifteen? Is there one already?
10/31/2017 09:29 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Can you address "rigged MMR SYSTEM" please. Too many people crying over the system is out to get them.

Addressed.

Jeff is my favorite person...
10/31/2017 09:28 AMPosted by Needles
10/31/2017 09:11 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Reworking a hero is hard. Sometimes you get it right on the first try, sometimes you need some iteration. Mercy needs a little iteration. Overall, she's a lot more dynamic and fun to play now. But resurrect is too powerful and still playing out like an ultimate ability. It's not her ultimate anymore and needs to be toned down to feel more like a secondary ability. Mercy will still be awesome to play. She is one of the most beloved heroes. But the tuning of resurrect is off currently and needs to be brought in line.

With all do respect her ultimate has been watered down pretty far at this point. What statistical data made the rework happen in the first place? I mained her since beta and really am not enjoying her ult impact at all. Without rez impact she becomes even less fun. I feel the mercy you intended at your mercy dev update is long gone. I just hope the new fix isn't a band aid, and your truly passionate about her new fixes as you were about releasing 2.0.

rez was pretty counterable before she got her 'invincibility' buff when rezzing, that's what broke it. however without it she was useless, so im glad they removed that ult and replaced it with something that makes her involved in the fight and also really hard to hit without ulting.
10/31/2017 09:29 AMPosted by TwixSnickers
I like how we get no Junkrat comment at all.

That's gud. That means he'll probably won't get nerfed anytime soon and people will eventually git gud and learn how to counter him effectively, instead of whining and shouting that he's overpowered and needs a nerf because he can kill Genji
10/31/2017 09:29 AMPosted by TheBadWulfe
<span class="truncated">...</span> Are you talking about a possible Roadhog buff?

I'm a Hog player myself. I was furious when they nerfed him and still mad when they buffed him. But with the other changes they made to heroes and the universal ult changes I actually think Hog is in a great place. Hog's reliable long range stun is absurdly valuable when it can just rob people of their ults now.

But it would be great if he would be an antiflanker again. The new hog is even less of a teamplayer and less of a tank. It would be better if he could more reliably protect the backline. I hate the new design.

Addressed.
Again, cause this isn't the first time this has been said.
10/31/2017 09:16 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
10/31/2017 09:10 AMPosted by Dysvalence
Any chance we can expect an Ana buff before Mercy is considered fully balanced?

Yes. We're increasing her damage.

We've been testing it internally for a while. Last night, we threw our competitive group at it (Masters/GM level players) and they really liked it also. So it will probably make the PTR soon.

I forget exactly what number Geoff set it to but I think it was 70.

Can you give her the full 80? Or at least 75 so she can 2 shot 150HP heroes.The problem is that her unscoped fire has a delay, and spending time scoped makes you vulnerable since you can't rope away like widow. She NEEDS to be able to defend herself. People keep comparing her to McCree which is really apples and oranges. I feel like she's no longer overpowered. I'm okay with her damage being 70 if you can also give her some more reliable healing, as we need a Mercy alternative. Mercy shouldn't be nerfed much more - buff the other healers instead.
Jeff keepin it raw right now

Addressed.

LMFAO This is slowly becoming my favorite thread.
I think this should be done a lot more. Talking about heroes and your thought process going into changes like the Mercy (and how it wasnt optimal for her to tell people to die on point) or talking about who is on your radar and what may change can be very healthy towards the community and lower toxicity towards characters, each other, and devs too. Really appreciate it and hope it happens more often.
10/31/2017 09:31 AMPosted by Ceratisa

Addressed.
Again, cause this isn't the first time this has been said.

Because he would admit it if that was the case. That makes sense, right?

Addressed.

This post gets better and better
Anyway I hope balance wise Mercy doesn't further lose her soft reset ability which was unique to her (any sort of reset, it used to be a pretty hard reset) and even more so I hope they keep rezzed allies at 100% health on rez.
good, it seems jeff is a genji's fan and he loves to buff him and say he's completely fine,while he nerfs heroes like mercy/doomfist.
Is there a way to get a refund for Overwatch?
Can we have a "skip to next blue post" button?
10/31/2017 09:00 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We talk about all of the heroes all of the time here. Genji's not currently on our radar as being a balance problem.

The question I have is, who is on the balance radar right now? Are these heroes receiving buffs, or nerfs?