Remember the double mine idea originated from this forum.

General Discussion
And Blizzard listened.
Now many of you complain Junkrat is op.

See what happens when Blizzard listens to this community's balance suggestions?
The original idea included a damage nerf that wasn't applied when Blizzard released the change.

So, what's your point now ?
The forums suggested double mines. Blizzard implemented double mines with an incredibly short cooldown between them and also buffed Riptire a huge amount. Blizzard has never done what the community asked. D.Va mains asked for more armour, instead got Micro Missiles, now she's basically a DPS. People asked for Roadhog to not 1-shot, took 4 iterations of Roadhog for them to do it. People never asked for the Mercy changes we've just got, now Mercy outclasses all supports.

The only time where Blizzard has done what we've asked balance wise is when they gave Ana 70 damage, which has only just gone to PTR.
Well, technically the suggestion was to reduce each mine damage to 80/90 and halve the cooldown, as well as increase trap damage. Double charges with unchanged cooldown is significantly different and IMO better in most situations.

Personally I think junkrat's balance is fine, but just thought I'd point that out.

11/02/2017 06:25 PMPosted by Splenectomy
The forums suggested double mines. Blizzard implemented double mines with an incredibly short cooldown between them and also buffed Riptire a huge amount.
Uhh... what? The riptire speed buff was asked for all around the forums (as well as an hp buff). And the mine cooldown hasn't changed since launch.
That idea suggested reduced damage and didn't ask for an ultimate buff at the same time. What are you walking about?
The only place I have problem with Junkrat and think he is on the verge of OP is in Deathmatch. Can't say I have had much trouble with him in QP/Comp.
The forums acutally suggested 4 sec cooldown+Mine reduced damage. You've got it wrong buddy.
11/02/2017 06:16 PMPosted by poochie
And Blizzard listened.
Now many of you complain Junkrat is op.

See what happens when Blizzard listens to this community's balance suggestions?

I agree

Now nerf genji already and buff torb
No actually it didn't. When it was suggested, blizzard said, actually that's what they were treating. They already had the idea, just that someone here happened to have the same idea. So it didn't originate here. Additionally, when it was suggested here, it also included a damage nerf.
Your logic is completely flawed and hilarious.
The same suggestion also called for the mine damage to be reduced. And Blizzard had the same idea independently which is why they thought it would be fun to tell the poster that they were right. It's something they've done before and will probably do again.
The main issue is that the original proposal was that Junkrat could get less damage from mines for less cooldown for more CC/Mobility.

What Junkrat got was an stronger version of that (charges >>> lower cd), PLUS effectively doubled damage on that ability.

On top of ult buffs.

So no OP, learn to read.