Is Overwatch Really Dying?

General Discussion
For me, definetly. Can't even bring myself to finish my md10 this season. Been playing much more Fortnite, Pubg, WoW, HotS, even went back to the !@#$fest that is LoL.
No but the players are doing a good job of digging a hole for it with all the nerf demands.
It was arguable before Moira and Mercy nerf.

Now?

Blizzard will be lucky if they can sell 20 lootboxes by the time the next Christmas event rolls around.
11/11/2017 09:32 AMPosted by TOEǶ
Banning 1 tricks.
Bad balance for over a year.
Blizzard only care about e-sports.
Que-times are becoming pretty long even at lower ranks.
Blizzard putting the game on free weekend yet again, to try and get more players.

Ye i'd say it's dying.

You have never played another class based game right? To achieve perfect balance is impossible, Overwatch is one of the most balanced games out there and no, that doesn't mean it doesn't have issues, but they are being addressed one at a time.

Good thing they are banning one tricks ...maining is one thing, one-tricking is being trash to your team.

Que-times long at lower ranks? Less than 1 single minute is long for you?

Down-vote me all you want naysayers but i'm stating a truth few want to accept. The game is fine. It has it's issues yes, give the devs your feedback, but in an overall level, the game is fine.
This seems to roll around after any nerf and I don't think this will be the last time either
I've been afraid to play the game for months and I'm only more afraid to play since this past week than ever.
It's dying for me, at least. I've never been much of a DPS player, and any heroes with a defensive/supportive playstyle tend to get ignored by the devs... unless it's a nerf or a rework. They the devs obsess over "how they feel to play against" more than how it feels to play as that hero.

Several heroes feel like they're still in beta.

The balance is slow, and often looks like DPS catering.

For a game that needs teamwork so badly, the HUD has practically ZERO team-based elements to help you keep track of your team.

The comms have even less than the absolute bare minimum needed to coordinate.

QoL changes are few and far in between (even though the game needs A LOT of them).

Console is completely ignored.

There's no true casual mode for PvP.

No mode at all for PvE.

There's no social or LFG system, forcing most players to roll the dice with strangers in soloque.

The game came out half finished, but the devs keep squawking about esports instead of completing their game.
If Diablo 3 didn't die when it first came out, Overwatch wont die either.
Blizzard has way too much resources to make this game die.
I think by now it's safe to say, to borrow a phrase from Mercy, that "Blizzard Games never die!"

They may not be the best or most innovative games out there——that's not Blizzard's thing, in my perception. What they do know to a fault is how to make addictive games. So even if the anger and frustration voiced on these forums is representative of the OW community as a whole (which is doubtful), that still doesn't mean the game is in danger of going the way of, oh, say, Lawbreakers.

So tell your friend to come on in. The water may not exactly be fine, but the pool is wide open.
Nope, not dying.
Stating that Overwatch is dying is pretty much a meme devoid of actual meaning now. Frankly I don't think it is, but Blizzard could have made quite a few decisions to remove toxicity in the game, but they just flat out wont, "because".
Have you not been to the Overwatch Reddit page, it's extremely popular. It gets more traffic than both the Nintendo Switch and PS4 Reddits combined.
The toxicity is drowning this game in its toxic waste. Enough said.
OW losing players on a daily basis. Blizzard trying to regain players by offering discounts and free to play weekends. Nothing you can do about it but playing yourself if you like the game :)
Nope. The wait times to get into games are roughly the same for me now as they have been since Beta 1. During special events, etc. though you can definitely see an upsurge in traffic and wait between match times is very short.
11/21/2017 03:10 PMPosted by bit
OW losing players on a daily basis. Blizzard trying to regain players by offering discounts and free to play weekends. Nothing you can do about it but playing yourself if you like the game :)

This one the biggest, a whopping 50% and the free weekend thing is still here somehow.

Imma be like Reaper and help bring this game towards its demise. Hopefully, the other Blizz games will fade into obscurity as well.

I'm going to buy this game again, imma see how long I can keep it, eh heh heh heh heh heh heh.
If you look only at the forums, which is composed of a miniscule fraction of the playerbase, then it's dying and apparently has been since the first hero nerf.

Personally I think the 'Overwatch is dying' thing has as much credibility as the oft-repeated 'Youtube is dying', and people have been saying that for years
11/21/2017 03:16 PMPosted by Chublis
If you look only at the forums, which is composed of a miniscule fraction of the playerbase, then it's dying and apparently has been since the first hero nerf.

Personally I think the 'Overwatch is dying' thing has as much credibility as the oft-repeated 'Youtube is dying', and people have been saying that for years

Hey $20 should have been this games base price to begin with. It's a golden pile of dung.
I couldn't tell you if it's dying, as Blizzard don't give active player numbers. That feature is one of Steams redeeming qualities, they'll show you exactly how many users are active in a game at any time, even if it's utterly dead.

I would not honestly advise anyone to buy this game in its present state though, the community combined with a toxicity weaponizing automated "report system" has left it unfit for purpose.

Quickplay - disorganized circus show

Comp - be a meta slave, or be falsely reported by the ignorant masses

Custom - All stats maxed out making it a complete farce, or stupid dance parties.

Arcade - no comment

Many people want permanent PVE modes, and I agree with this idea. PVP has nothing to offer but toxicity at this point, and PVE might keep players who would otherwise quit. People might argue PVE would lengthen queue times, but I doubt that because the people playing it don't want to be in PVP anymore, so you lose them in both scenarios.
When we really look at it, of course it is.
Blizzard only really cares about esports,
Quick Play went from casual to cancer,
Characters are stupidly overpowered (like junkrat) or underpowered (like ana),
Major toxicity and conflict,
A report system that can be abused,
Players who go out of their way to get what they want, even if it means ruining the experience for everyone,
Free weekends in a desperate attempt to get new players,
People whining on the forums and probably causing the games problems (stop whining, genji mains.)
and finally, the game turning into a sweaty, tryhard, toxic, unfair, and overall not fun experience.
So yeah, id say the games dying. Ive tried playing for a few days, and i feel like i just see the same thing over and over again. The same cancerous enemy teams in quick play, as well as my picky, unhelpful teammates, and low tier being completely ignored in the balancing department.
Im not having as much fun with this game as i used to. I want it to go back to the way it was, without all these changes, without all this toxicity. And if no good changes happen before 2018, i want my 60$ back.
I didnt pay that money to get the worst gaming experience. I paid for a fun, balanced game with a nice community. Looks like ive been lied too.
I might as well play anything that isnt overwatch at this point. Id even play the games so called "ripoff" paladins, i actually had fun on that game, and its free, including optional payments for cosmetics (and strangely, characters.)
Goodbye overwatch, it was fun while it lasted, but it barely lasted a while, in my case at least. Please dont dislike this post, what can you accomplish out of doing so?
I just want to have fun again.