My Highest Winrates are on Torbjorn/Symmetra

General Discussion
Because I only pick them when they're good & work with my team. That's what niche heroes are all about.
I pick symmetra on all maps and my winrate is still 65%
While you aren't wrong to do so it doesn't mean they can't get minor buffs and QoL changes that would improve them.

Easy Examples:
Torb
  • Reduce Critbox
  • Increase Scrap generation during got to boost support utility
  • Sym
  • Let allies see Tele/Sheild Gen through walls
  • Bastion
  • Slightly tighter spread
  • More armor on the ult
  • If you are skilled through you can make these hero's on a majority of maps.

Takes creativity, teamwork, and skill.
    11/15/2017 11:31 AMPosted by Brady
    I'll be interested to see what your win percentage is after you have more than just an hour of playtime picking her on all maps
    Vital info for everyone around here...
    11/15/2017 11:34 AMPosted by Poytheon
    I'll be interested to see what your win percentage is after you have more than just an hour of playtime picking her on all maps

They have 54 hours on Symmetra.
    Indeed.
    11/15/2017 11:35 AMPosted by DrinkPepsi
    ...I'll be interested to see what your win percentage is after you have more than just an hour of playtime picking her on all maps

We're talking about competitive. Quickplay winrate isn't viewable on the forums & doesn't really matter anyways

I have over 75 hours as her lol wtf
    11/15/2017 11:41 AMPosted by Poytheon
    11/15/2017 11:35 AMPosted by DrinkPepsi

We're talking about competitive. Quickplay winrate isn't viewable on the forums & doesn't really matter anyways

I've played symmetra-only since season 4, I have over 21 hours in competitive, with a 63% winrate. You can look this up, Brady#1857

Because the 5 others people in your team aren't selfish people that actually want to win and switch for your egoist playstyle.
    11/15/2017 11:51 AMPosted by Sekko

Because the 5 others people in your team aren't selfish people that actually want to win and switch for your egoist playstyle.

lmfao when I was playing mercy in season 3 I was in silver. I start playing Symmetra only in season 4 and rank up to 2500. I still have climbed higher since then, I just don't play comp that often (because people like you who flame me without even knowing anything about me.)

Yea but go ahead and discredit all my accomplishments over the last 4 seasons just to validate your bias against Symmetra.
    11/15/2017 11:52 AMPosted by Brady
    11/15/2017 11:51 AMPosted by Sekko

lmfao when I was playing mercy in season 3 I was in silver. I start playing Symmetra only in season 4 and rank up to 2500. I still have climbed higher since then, I just don't play comp that often.

Yea but go ahead and discredit all my accomplishments over the last 4 seasons just to validate your bias against Symmetra.

So if someone picks sym first, what happens then?
    11/15/2017 11:53 AMPosted by skudoops
    lmfao when I was playing mercy in season 3 I was in silver. I start playing Symmetra only in season 4 and rank up to 2500. I still have climbed higher since then, I just don't play comp that often.

Yeah because everyone's dying to autolock Symmetra

Thanks for avoiding the question?
    11/15/2017 12:01 PMPosted by skudoops

the answer is this has never happened and if it did I would just ask them to switch/play ana or mercy to the best of my abilities (which is poor)
    You know whats funny

Jeff stated in his own words

we want symmetra to be a character you can play on more than just 1rst point defense

Ao shes not supposed to be niche yet people act like she is supposed to be niche

Pretty sure torb is the same

the answer is this has never happened and if it did I would just ask them to switch/play ana or mercy to the best of my abilities (which is poor)

Ok so basically it's an auto loss then?

You are in plat with sym but silver with everyone else (your words not mine) so if sym ever gets picked and the guy who picked thinks just like you (I can only play sym) the team is going to suffer heavily? That's a PoV against one tricking in general, but let me put it in a different way.

What if you do think/know you could win with sym, but the guy who picked first also thinks the same thing but is under performing and refuses to switch. You can obviously see what he's doing wrong and why it's not working so you want him to switch to something else, but he refuses to and you eventually lose. Would you blame him?
    70% sym main here. I play sym out of her "niche"; I play attack sym more often than defense sym - see if you can figure out why =)

My winrate isn't all that high this season (hovering around 50%) but at least I bumbled my way to Masters. So I guess it's working out for me =)

Everyone has a different playstyle. To each his own I guess?