My Highest Winrates are on Torbjorn/Symmetra

General Discussion
11/15/2017 11:52 AMPosted by Brady
11/15/2017 11:51 AMPosted by Sekko

Because the 5 others people in your team aren't selfish people that actually want to win and switch for your egoist playstyle.

lmfao when I was playing mercy in season 3 I was in silver. I start playing Symmetra only in season 4 and rank up to 2500. I still have climbed higher since then, I just don't play comp that often (because people like you who flame me without even knowing anything about me.)

Yea but go ahead and discredit all my accomplishments over the last 4 seasons just to validate your bias against Symmetra.

What your personal accomplishment have to do with the fact that you're selfish ?

And I wouldn't flame you, I would have to play something different for you so we have a chance to win, then to watch you not even switch to stall a point for overtime.
Then I will hate Blizzard even more for their one-trick protection policy in a freaking team game then move on because if I had to hold all the frustration I had by playing with one-tricks I would not even play this game anymore.
As you can see, I have 12 hours on Torb this season, roughly 40% of my 29 hour total play this season, which i'm sure is far greater than the niche you consider. I have 65% wr with him.
11/15/2017 12:20 PMPosted by skudoops
the answer is this has never happened and if it did I would just ask them to switch/play ana or mercy to the best of my abilities (which is poor)

Ok so basically it's an auto loss then?

You are in plat with sym but silver with everyone else (your words not mine) so if sym ever gets picked and the guy who picked thinks just like you (I can only play sym) the team is going to suffer heavily? That's a PoV against one tricking in general, but let me put it in a different way.

What if you do think/know you could win with sym, but the guy who picked first also thinks the same thing but is under performing and refuses to switch. You can obviously see what he's doing wrong and why it's not working so you want him to switch to something else, but he refuses to and you eventually lose. Would you blame him?

Not that guy you're referring to but here's what I would likely do:

Pick Mercy, call out targets for the symmetra, and pocket her (not all the time, just the time when she's doing her crazy microwave thing. Use my experience with sym to coordinate things. Win the game.

Sym mains tend to work things out with each other pretty well. Having faith in your teammates is the first step.
11/15/2017 12:23 PMPosted by Sekko
lmfao when I was playing mercy in season 3 I was in silver. I start playing Symmetra only in season 4 and rank up to 2500. I still have climbed higher since then, I just don't play comp that often (because people like you who flame me without even knowing anything about me.)

Yea but go ahead and discredit all my accomplishments over the last 4 seasons just to validate your bias against Symmetra.

What your personal accomplishment have to do with the fact that you're selfish ?

And I wouldn't flame you, I would have to play something different for you so we have a chance to win, then to watch you not even switch to stall a point for overtime.
Then I will hate Blizzard even more for their one-trick protection policy in a freaking team game then move on because if I had to hold all the frustration I had by playing with one-tricks I would not even play this game anymore.

That's just a fact of life using the automated matchmaking system, right? I assume you're using the "you" in a hypothetical sense to refer to some random one-trick that the game matched you with, and not Brady, right? Because Brady is Diamond and you're GM, it's pretty unlikely that they will match the two of you together.

Now, let's say the game matches you with a GM-level one-trick. Statistically, you would have an even chance to win the game, wouldn't you? Of course, you might stand a greater chance if you're more willing to work with them than if you let yourself get salty.

That's just how the matchmaking system works. Cest la vie. But it's just one match, right? If the prospect of having a random person over the internet join your team worries you, I suggest 6-stacking.
I had 70% on symmetra and I'm a one trick I hit top 500 yesterday. Your point is very invalid troll more .
11/15/2017 11:34 AMPosted by Poytheon
11/15/2017 11:31 AMPosted by Brady
I pick symmetra on all maps and my winrate is still 65%
I'll be interested to see what your win percentage is after you have more than just an hour of playtime picking her on all maps

Last season I ended in Gm with a 73% winrate after only playing Symmetra, 10 hours played... -_-
11/15/2017 12:45 PMPosted by Soltis
I had 70% on symmetra and I'm a one trick I hit top 500 yesterday. Your point is very invalid troll more .

Congratulations. I hope I can learn to be as good as you are.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
the answer is this has never happened and if it did I would just ask them to switch/play ana or mercy to the best of my abilities (which is poor)

You are in plat with sym but silver with everyone else (your words not mine) so if sym ever gets picked and the guy who picked thinks just like you (I can only play sym) the team is going to suffer heavily? That's a PoV against one tricking in general, but let me put it in a different way.

What if you do think/know you could win with sym, but the guy who picked first also thinks the same thing but is under performing and refuses to switch. You can obviously see what he's doing wrong and why it's not working so you want him to switch to something else, but he refuses to and you eventually lose. Would you blame him?

I've literally NEVER been in another game with a Symmetra one trick. If Symmetra started to become so viable that people WERE picking her then no one would report me to begin with. This whole argument is pretty stupid honestly. She has less than 1% pickrate ffs
11/15/2017 11:51 AMPosted by Sekko

Because the 5 others people in your team aren't selfish people that actually want to win and switch for your egoist playstyle.

I feel you bro. Was a Lucio main back in S1/S2 (because nobody picked healers) and was stuck in Bronze/Silver.

Symmetra was my ticket out of elo hell. But I'm making a point to learn more heroes this season. I find Zenyatta less stressful to play.

Don't let these naysayers discourage you. They have no idea what they're missing out. They will continue to believe what they want to.
11/15/2017 11:29 AMPosted by Poytheon
Because I only pick them when they're good & work with my team. That's what niche heroes are all about.

ok, just because Symmetra is amazing in some situations, doesnt mean that she isnt great in all situations. I have used her in every situation for 250 hours and have a 61% winrate, which im sure is higher than your accounts overall winrate playing the optimal hero in every situation.
11/15/2017 12:20 PMPosted by DrFate
You know whats funny

Jeff stated in his own words

we want symmetra to be a character you can play on more than just 1rst point defense

Ao shes not supposed to be niche yet people act like she is supposed to be niche

Pretty sure torb is the same

If Jeff states that they don't want her to be a niche pick, it doesn't mean that they actually accomplished what they wanted. Blizzard aren't the ones who can easily decide whether a hero ends up being a niche pick or not. It's usually the playerbase finding out when and in which situation a hero is optimal to use.

If you want it or not, Symmetra is actually a niche pick and doesn't work in every situation. There are a select few players that can make her work in more situation, but that doesn't mean all Symmetra players and even mains can make her work in every situation.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I've literally NEVER been in another game with a Symmetra one trick. If Symmetra started to become so viable that people WERE picking her then no one would report me to begin with. This whole argument is pretty stupid honestly. She has less than 1% pickrate ffs

You keep avoiding my point for some reason. I don't care what her pick rate is, you can change out sym for mercy (you know a super popular character). After you do that, apply my logic there to see where I am going with this.
11/15/2017 01:00 PMPosted by Exe
If you want it or not, Symmetra is actually a niche pick and doesn't work in every situation. There are a select few players that can make her work in more situation, but that doesn't mean all Symmetra players and even mains can make her work in every situation.

[/quote]

You're going to run into disagreements here. Some people have already explained here that they one-trick/main sym and got their way to GM/top-500.

Why not this perspective: Symmetra is a niche pick to most players, but some people manage to make it work in many more situations. To each his own.

Is that so hard to accept?
my highest winrate is torb at 70%, I sure as hell am not going to play torb on point A attack on numbani.
11/15/2017 11:31 AMPosted by Brady
I pick symmetra on all maps and my winrate is still 65%

This lol. Sym is niche but she’s still good in a lot of situations especially in QP
11/15/2017 01:18 PMPosted by Disco
my highest winrate is torb at 70%, I sure as hell am not going to play torb on point A attack on numbani.

Why not? It can work, and it's not your fault your team didn't pick orisa and rein and baby sat you for the whole match so you can CARRY them to victory.
11/15/2017 01:25 PMPosted by skudoops
11/15/2017 01:18 PMPosted by Disco

Why not? It can work, and it's not your fault your team didn't pick orisa and rein and baby sat you for the whole match so you can CARRY them to victory.

so i dont think its a strong strategy, but if torb ever gets a level 2 turret on the highground on point one, its actually pretty terrifying
11/15/2017 01:44 PMPosted by TeamAmerica
11/15/2017 01:25 PMPosted by skudoops

so i dont think its a strong strategy, but if torb ever gets a level 2 turret on the highground on point one, its actually pretty terrifying

at that point, you probably already won the fight, because there is no way the other team let you just set up like that. especially seeing as you are exposing yourself and the level 1 turret is instantly killed.
11/15/2017 01:00 PMPosted by Exe
11/15/2017 12:20 PMPosted by DrFate
You know whats funny

Jeff stated in his own words

we want symmetra to be a character you can play on more than just 1rst point defense

Ao shes not supposed to be niche yet people act like she is supposed to be niche

Pretty sure torb is the same

If Jeff states that they don't want her to be a niche pick, it doesn't mean that they actually accomplished what they wanted. Blizzard aren't the ones who can easily decide whether a hero ends up being a niche pick or not. It's usually the playerbase finding out when and in which situation a hero is optimal to use.

what im saying is that we should buff sym to be less niche since thats not what they intended her to be

She shouldnt be good in all situations but rn she is good at almost nothing
Also before people think I'm some kinda meta slave or something, one of my highest WR and most played comp characters is mei.