My Highest Winrates are on Torbjorn/Symmetra

General Discussion
11/15/2017 11:34 AMPosted by Poytheon
11/15/2017 11:31 AMPosted by Brady
I pick symmetra on all maps and my winrate is still 65%
I'll be interested to see what your win percentage is after you have more than just an hour of playtime picking her on all maps

Click on her EU tab to figure out why.
Wow this thread got totally derailed from me bragging about how good I am at picking Torb/Symm in good situations

Can you guys argue less and praise me more? :)
11/15/2017 12:20 PMPosted by skudoops
the answer is this has never happened and if it did I would just ask them to switch/play ana or mercy to the best of my abilities (which is poor)

Ok so basically it's an auto loss then?

You are in plat with sym but silver with everyone else (your words not mine) so if sym ever gets picked and the guy who picked thinks just like you (I can only play sym) the team is going to suffer heavily? That's a PoV against one tricking in general, but let me put it in a different way.

What if you do think/know you could win with sym, but the guy who picked first also thinks the same thing but is under performing and refuses to switch. You can obviously see what he's doing wrong and why it's not working so you want him to switch to something else, but he refuses to and you eventually lose. Would you blame him?

To me, it would look like I had a higher chances of winning with Brady's 65% winrate symmetra than your main character Ana in competitive with 25% winrate.

Who's the real autoloss here again? The one who keeps winning with a niche pick or the one who keeps trying to use what might be considered "non-niche" character and keeps failing at it.

You can try to hold the symmetra otp their heads but they certainly seem to do well with it. But I do find this fairly ironic as well that you'd say it's an autoloss if there just happens to be another symmetra otp in the team, which is insanely rare in the first place because quite many of the known high elo symmetra mains know at least one other hero they can play just as well. Just like fuey can use rein if someone picks torb before he can.
11/15/2017 11:33 AMPosted by CorruptGamer
minor buffs

Sym
Let allies see Tele/Sheild Gen through walls

MAKE ENEMIES DONT SEE TELEPORTER/SHIELDGEN ON DEATHCAM

I think its a liiiiiitle bit more IMPORTANT AF
Last season I had 100% win rate with Symmetra. All 12 minutes. :-)

Seriously, congrats to the Torb and Symmetra players who have managed to maintain a good win rate and climb. If you don't mind, could you practice a backup hero though? Eventually you're going to end up on the same team as another main of the same character. It never hurts to be prepared for this situation.
11/15/2017 02:09 PMPosted by ZergSquad
minor buffs

Sym
Let allies see Tele/Sheild Gen through walls

MAKE ENEMIES DONT SEE TELEPORTER/SHIELDGEN ON DEATHCAM

I think its a liiiiiitle bit more IMPORTANT AF

This is easy enough to avoid, whenever I've just killed someone, I make sure I don't put my tele or shield gen down for a good few seconds to make sure they didn't killcam spy on where I put it. I feel like all seasoned Symms make sure to do this. Or maybe it's just me, I don't know.

As for OP (I think) commenting on someone only have 1 hour on Symmetra, remember the profiles on these forums and even on Overbuff aren't accurate in the amount of hours you've played on a character.

For example my profile on here lists me as having roughly 41h40m on Symm, I have over 100. It also says I only have 18 hours on Mercy combined in qp and comp, I have over 200!!! The majority of those hours spent in comp on both Symm and Mercy. So don't let this site's profile mislead you.
11/15/2017 01:18 PMPosted by Disco
my highest winrate is torb at 70%, I sure as hell am not going to play torb on point A attack on numbani.

Numbani is one of my worst maps in general, and I could never develop a proper plan of attack beyond "go with the group and hope we win the teamfight" for any character. But if you want to hear, I have attack plans for Torb in Hanamura and Anubis. Symmetra is better than him in Hanamura, but I use Torb if I notice the enemy team is not turtling and somehow our team didn't won in the first push.
11/15/2017 11:34 AMPosted by Poytheon
I'll be interested to see what your win percentage is after you have more than just an hour of playtime picking her on all maps

Exactly, no idea why you are downvoted. Winrate is abolutely no indicator in less then 10h played.

Despite the fact he has 57h on Sym, he talked about his winrate in that one hour.

You are right, rest is wrong.

you're also in silver, so I'd think for a second before bragging about pointless stats.
11/15/2017 03:01 PMPosted by ColinthePyro

you're also in silver, so I'd think for a second before bragging about pointless stats.

11/15/2017 03:01 PMPosted by ColinthePyro

i mean this seasone i got so many trolls my win percent is screwed but last seasone my win percent was 68 and im masters

RIP OP's point.
11/15/2017 11:29 AMPosted by Poytheon
Because I only pick them when they're good & work with my team. That's what niche heroes are all about.

Statistics on Overbuff seem to support that.

Problem is, people are picking htem at incredibly low rates. This illustrates that the situations theyre niche in is incredibly small, or the skill floor for them to be even remotely functional is to high.

Pragmatic players will just say "Screw it, Ill play Tracer. She works most of the time. Only need to get decent with her to have good win rates."
11/15/2017 11:50 AMPosted by Brady
11/15/2017 11:41 AMPosted by Poytheon
...We're talking about competitive. Quickplay winrate isn't viewable on the forums & doesn't really matter anyways

I've played symmetra-only since season 4, I have over 21 hours in competitive, with a 63% winrate. You can look this up, Brady#1857
Neither Overbuff or Master Overwatch tells me your win percentage from previous seasons unless I'm not seeing an option for that.
11/15/2017 03:06 PMPosted by BerserKing

RIP OP's point.
Not when he only has an hour of playtime on her this season. It's like saying I'm a godlike Ana because I have a 100% winrate on 3 minutes played (and I'm not a godlike Ana, though if I just told you my winrate you'd think I am)

She's objectively bad on attack

Also you've played her an hour. Congrats.
11/15/2017 01:18 PMPosted by Togrias
11/15/2017 01:00 PMPosted by Exe
If you want it or not, Symmetra is actually a niche pick and doesn't work in every situation. There are a select few players that can make her work in more situation, but that doesn't mean all Symmetra players and even mains can make her work in every situation.

You're going to run into disagreements here. Some people have already explained here that they one-trick/main sym and got their way to GM/top-500.

Why not this perspective: Symmetra is a niche pick to most players, but some people manage to make it work in many more situations. To each his own.

Is that so hard to accept?[/quote]

I think you missed the point of my post where I said that there are some people who can make her work in more situations.
11/15/2017 01:00 PMPosted by Exe
There are a select few players that can make her work in more situation

I should've probably added that I mean mostly GM/Top 500 players by that. Although even GM/Top 500 players can't make niche picks work every time.

Most of the Sym mains in top 500 might only make it there because most pros don't even play comp anymore. If all pros were to play competitive, I can almost assure you that there will be lots of cases even for top 500 sym one tricks where they can't make her work. The difference between casuals and pros is just that great. It's just that a lot of pros either don't play any competitive or barely play it at all, so top 500 doesn't really list the 500 best players at all.

Pros literally scrim all day against each other, they play the game more than you can probably imagine. That's why even GM one tricks playing a niche pick hero won't always be able to make the hero work.

At least I can remember pros complaining about a Sym player who somehow made it to #7 of the top 500 with only a 57% win rate if I remember right and bad stats on overbuff. Currently that player only has a 55% win rate and fell to about rank 500. And has worse stats than all other Sym onetricks in GM. The current matchmaking isn't really good and is abusable on top of that. Idk how that Sym player even got that high, but as he fell down again, it looks like he didn't get there on a legitimate way, through luck or whatever, idrc tbh.

Fact is no hero can work all the time and there's nothing you can change about that fact.
11/15/2017 12:20 PMPosted by skudoops
the answer is this has never happened and if it did I would just ask them to switch/play ana or mercy to the best of my abilities (which is poor)

You are in plat with sym but silver with everyone else (your words not mine) so if sym ever gets picked and the guy who picked thinks just like you (I can only play sym) the team is going to suffer heavily? That's a PoV against one tricking in general, but let me put it in a different way.

What if you do think/know you could win with sym, but the guy who picked first also thinks the same thing but is under performing and refuses to switch. You can obviously see what he's doing wrong and why it's not working so you want him to switch to something else, but he refuses to and you eventually lose. Would you blame him?

I like how your completely on point assessment is down voted.

This is exactly what happens, and people refuse to admit it and own up to their behavior.

To me, it would look like I had a higher chances of winning with Brady's 65% winrate symmetra than your main character Ana in competitive with 25% winrate.

Who's the real autoloss here again? The one who keeps winning with a niche pick or the one who keeps trying to use what might be considered "non-niche" character and keeps failing at it.

You can try to hold the symmetra otp their heads but they certainly seem to do well with it. But I do find this fairly ironic as well that you'd say it's an autoloss if there just happens to be another symmetra otp in the team, which is insanely rare in the first place because quite many of the known high elo symmetra mains know at least one other hero they can play just as well. Just like fuey can use rein if someone picks torb before he can.

I don't understand your point. I haven't taken comp seriously for many seasons now because

1. I want to play whoever whenever and not ruin people's comp matches
2. I do not think the way SR works is good and encourages OTPs.

I only play my placements to get points for the golden guns and nothing else, most of the time DPS gets immediately filled and mercy is picked so I just go with ana.

Also ana has been underpowered for a while now and isn't considered meta, I mean the lowest pick and WR hero is considered meta? Basically, I have no clue what you were trying to prove saying that.

Your point about Sym/Torb OTPs having another pick is funny to, because I specifically addressed that in my post.

By your logic however, I should just pick mei every time in every situation and never change because my WR is 72% on her. In fact, I should only pick dps because my WR on tracer, 76, mei are > 60%+