New Mercy ultimate and E ability (ptr continue)[Feedback]

General Discussion
Prev 1 252 253 254 322 Next
10/06/2017 06:22 AMPosted by Kryptsm
10/06/2017 06:19 AMPosted by Papermoon

But kill 6 ppl by pressing Q isn't. Right? Oh u trash DPS mains make me laugh!

Not to mention you could get 6 resurrections in one second with Mercy's old ult.

And now with her new ult its over a longer period of time and you can't get as many no matter what you do

The double standard hurts

"6 resurrections"

"6"

But there can only be at max 5 teammates....
10/06/2017 09:29 AMPosted by spdR
10/06/2017 06:17 AMPosted by Kekstarter
For those who think that rez as a regular ability is too OP
Here's a thought to consider:
So, your team made a pick. They rezzed. Seems like their team is clearly at an advantage here. But here's a thing. They used the rez. Now they have 30 freaking seconds with no rez. Even though it feels like their team has countered your pick with a rez, you now have a 30s window to outplay their team even more and to win the initial fight, since they don't have a rez anymore. Think on that.
It isn't nearly as OP as people think it is.
Nerfs not needed. Only slight tweaks.
And, oh..
#BuffAna

You are retarded since the only way to counter the retarded Rez mechanic is to have a Mercy of your own so that you indeed also have a 7th player if needed. Or are you saying that you have to outplay 7 people every fight? Thus Mercy is broken and a must pick.

Ban me from the forums again, I'm sick of reading autistic posts like these that somehow get upvotes. Overwatch has the dumbest community forums of all games, that's for sure

This 30sec rez mechanic is indeed retarded and feels not right.
Junkrat got 2 mines for “mobility” which nobody uses it for that and Soldier shoots from 4 football fields away and no drop off damage. Symmetra shooting her beam from 70ft away and Hanzo shoots the ground for kills.

But yeaaa, Mercy is the problem.

The entire point of Mercy is her Rez, ITS WHAT MAKES HER CHARACTER. Why are they trying to take that away?? She’s gonna end up in garbage tier
So, your team made a pick. They rezzed. Seems like their team is clearly at an advantage here. But here's a thing. They used the rez. Now they have 30 freaking seconds with no rez. Even though it feels like their team has countered your pick with a rez, you now have a 30s window to outplay their team even more and to win the initial fight, since they don't have a rez anymore. Think on that.
And, oh..
#BuffAna

You are retarded since the only way to counter the retarded Rez mechanic is to have a Mercy of your own so that you indeed also have a 7th player if needed. Or are you saying that you have to outplay 7 people every fight? Thus Mercy is broken and a must pick.

Ban me from the forums again, I'm sick of reading autistic posts like these that somehow get upvotes. Overwatch has the dumbest community forums of all games, that's for sure

You seem to be confused. You said this not long ago?

"This is coming from a dedicated Mercy hater. The fact that her gameplay was all about holding LMB and playing hide'n'seek made me hate her. I thought she was a crutch for people don't have the necessary mechanics and cooldown management.

But now? Rez is on a 30S cooldown which is, believe it or not, A VERY LONG TIME in this game. It doesn't give invulnerability, and is good for denying opening picks, but at the same time it's extremely risky to try and Rez a teammate who overextended and died close to the enemy team. You can chain Rezes with Valkyrie, but that promotes skillful play and on the go decision making (remember, 5m range) and it involves you being ACTIVE in the teamfight, rather than hiding. You can't undo 4-5 man wipes anymore, so no more CTRL-Z.

The flying part is the most satisfying part of her new ult. You can decide do you want to be a "budget" Zen/Orisa or you can pull out your pistol and blow some heads off. Again, an ACTIVE, FUN playstyle. ATM, NanoMercy is a legit strat, and if you don't have a support ult or Visor to counter it - well then... I know you guys didn't intend this, but I'd love to at least try this on live in competitive environment.

Anyway - out of all reworks, I'm most amazed by this one. You managed to turn a boring, one-dimensional hero into a fun, engaging and rewarding to play.

Good job Blizz!"

Anyway, I agree to some extent. She shouldn't start every game with a rez ready to go. Put it on a timer to start with or.. I'd prefer if they just removed it from her E (It's messy and it staggers) and keep her 3 possible rezzes tied into her Valk mode. (She should still have to rez 1 by 1 because I don't ever want "die on point" rez to come back)

Even a good Symm will tell you 'Don't use tele unless you need to". Walk back if you can afford to and be more mindful of your positioning next time.
10/06/2017 09:43 AMPosted by Reagle
10/06/2017 09:35 AMPosted by MuppetGrndr
I've thrown this suggestions out before in other places so I'll add it to the debate here. I had a couple of ideas to "fix" Mercy but the most applicable for the current "build" of the character is as follows:

Change rez mechanic into a charged ability. By this I mean that rez should have a charge counter, like Junk's mines or Sym's turrets (I'm not talking about the channeling idea other people have raised). This counter starts at zero and adds 1 to the counter every X-seconds (20 seconds for example) up to a maximum of 2.
This counter then relates to the amount of HP Mercy can rez; <=250hp uses 1 charge, >250hp uses 2 charges.
Thus in any given period no more than 1 tank or 2 DPS/utility players can be rez'd.
This would mean that only 1 rez "burst" could happen per team fight, abuse of char switching to refresh rez would stop, and there is a realistic trade off for the amount of HP a rez'd player has while not lowering the skill ceiling of Mercy herself. It also keeps rez separate from from Mercy's ult keeping it hackable.

I think this is a pretty good idea; but it does seem to be a bit leaning towards the OP side for a 20-second rez (I'm all about that keeping rez separate from ult idea though).

The 20 seconds per charge could indeed be a bit too quick, or maybe it would be too long: it's only 20 seconds to rez low HP chars, 40 seconds for tanks, and if you pop it at 20 seconds, then it's a further 40 seconds for a tank.
Either way it was just an example to illustrate my explanation. I didn't mean to sound as though I assume 20s to be the best timing to use ;-)
And, oh..
#BuffAna

While I agree with you, calling people retards won't help matters.

What you should outline is this:

-Getting Mercy to use rez by getting a pick is good, sure, but you've invested a lot of effort into creating a 6v6 fair fight and not the 7v6 that Mercy provides.

-Any decent team in a balanced match will win a fight with a one man numerical advantage.

-Hence in order for baiting the Mercy rez with a kill to be of any value, your team must also have a Mercy who has not been made to use her rez. Otherwise you haven't created an opening for your team, you be just evened the odds (And possibly died or lost health in the process, maybe committed to a disadvantageous position)

-essentially Mercy becomes a must pick and without her you must get roughly 17% more kills in a fairly balanced match, in any given engagement, to win.

-And no Ana does not need buffing at all, with Dva nerfed and Roadhog buffed she should return to meta when Mercy is reduced in power, quoted- a master rank Ana main (not me a friend)

There how does that sound? Better than getting yourself banned again? Honestly we need more sensible voices here but if you get banned in rage it just makes that harder.
10/06/2017 10:05 AMPosted by lola

You seem to be confused. You said this not long ago?

"This is coming from a dedicated Mercy hater. The fact that her gameplay was all about holding LMB and playing hide'n'seek made me hate her. I thought she was a crutch for people don't have the necessary mechanics and cooldown management.

But now? Rez is on a 30S cooldown which is, believe it or not, A VERY LONG TIME in this game. It doesn't give invulnerability, and is good for denying opening picks, but at the same time it's extremely risky to try and Rez a teammate who overextended and died close to the enemy team. You can chain Rezes with Valkyrie, but that promotes skillful play and on the go decision making (remember, 5m range) and it involves you being ACTIVE in the teamfight, rather than hiding. You can't undo 4-5 man wipes anymore, so no more CTRL-Z.

The flying part is the most satisfying part of her new ult. You can decide do you want to be a "budget" Zen/Orisa or you can pull out your pistol and blow some heads off. Again, an ACTIVE, FUN playstyle. ATM, NanoMercy is a legit strat, and if you don't have a support ult or Visor to counter it - well then... I know you guys didn't intend this, but I'd love to at least try this on live in competitive environment.

Anyway - out of all reworks, I'm most amazed by this one. You managed to turn a boring, one-dimensional hero into a fun, engaging and rewarding to play.

Good job Blizz!"

Anyway, I agree to some extent. She shouldn't start every game with a rez ready to go. Put it on a timer to start with or.. I'd prefer if they just removed it from her E (It's messy and it staggers) and keep her 3 possible rezzes tied into her Valk mode. (She should still have to rez 1 by 1 because I don't ever want "die on point" rez to come back)

Even a good Symm will tell you 'Don't use tele unless you need to". Walk back if you can afford to and be more mindful of your positioning next time.

Because I played her on PTR and she was insanely fun to play as. I wasn't aware how broken would she turn out during real competitive matches. Also, that was the time when the nano-Mercy was a thing, so even us DPS/Tank mains enjoyed Valkyrie even more.

Nowadays I know I lost the game if the enemy has Mercy and my team doesn't. You simply can't predict how broken or nerfed someone is on PTR until you played ranked and watched pro games/meta reports.
As I said in a different topic:

Mercy's kit is all about her res but my dudes in the OW staff
Ya gotta stop nerfing her to hell or people will stop playing her all together :\

Keep her res as is. She can only res two people with her valkyrie anyway. it's not a team res like it used to be so chill tf out pls
10/06/2017 09:53 AMPosted by Metroidz
10/06/2017 06:22 AMPosted by Kryptsm
Not to mention you could get 6 resurrections in one second with Mercy's old ult.

And now with her new ult its over a longer period of time and you can't get as many no matter what you do

The double standard hurts

"6 resurrections"

"6"

But there can only be at max 5 teammates....

Math lol
10/06/2017 10:27 AMPosted by Hy4Lpha

While I agree with you, calling people retards won't help matters.

What you should outline is this:

-Getting Mercy to use rez by getting a pick is good, sure, but you've invested a lot of effort into creating a 6v6 fair fight and not the 7v6 that Mercy provides.

-Any decent team in a balanced match will win a fight with a one man numerical advantage.

-Hence in order for baiting the Mercy rez with a kill to be of any value, your team must also have a Mercy who has not been made to use her rez. Otherwise you haven't created an opening for your team, you be just evened the odds (And possibly died or lost health in the process, maybe committed to a disadvantageous position)

-essentially Mercy becomes a must pick and without her you must get roughly 17% more kills in a fairly balanced match, in any given engagement, to win.

-And no Ana does not need buffing at all, with Dva nerfed and Roadhog buffed she should return to meta when Mercy is reduced in power, quoted- a master rank Ana main (not me a friend)

There how does that sound? Better than getting yourself banned again? Honestly we need more sensible voices here but if you get banned in rage it just makes that harder.

How do you expect a decent player (Diamond/Master/GM) to maintain his sanity while reading of conspiracy theory against supports, Mercy taking more skill than Tracer/Genji, Lucio/Zen being bad cuz they "can't solo heal" and stuff like that?

I know I reacted bad, and I'm sorry for it, but I simply can't understand how some people don't think about their suggestions. Every single person with an IQ bigger than 80 will realize how dumb and stupid that post sounded. You can basically compare it to something like "you win if you push the payload further than the enemy team."

I mean, I've started to think some heroes will never be viable without being broken/cheap, and that's one of the reason this game may have trouble being and eSport.
10/06/2017 10:30 AMPosted by Izzy

Ya gotta stop nerfing her to hell or people will stop playing her all together :\

Keep her res as is. She can only res two people with her valkyrie anyway. it's not a team res like it used to be so chill tf out pls

The max I can get at a time is like 3 people now. You use res > pop ult > then get 2 more people. They didn't want her to be able to res 5 people after a team wipe...now they don't want you to get 3....next it will be 2...then 1...then no res at all.
You have ruined mercy. She was fine the way she was. The 5 man hide and seek rez was a problem so you fixed it and made her better. This newest nerf to her ult is terrible. Please revert it.
10/06/2017 10:36 AMPosted by JonCrane

The max I can get at a time is like 3 people now. You use res > pop ult > then get 2 more people. They didn't want her to be able to res 5 people after a team wipe...now they don't want you to get 3....next it will be 2...then 1...then no res at all.
She can get more rezzes now than before
10/06/2017 10:42 AMPosted by meegal
You have ruined mercy. She was fine the way she was. The 5 man hide and seek rez was a problem so you fixed it and made her better. This newest nerf to her ult is terrible. Please revert it.
It's alright, the dev's have already said that changes will be made and that the current PTR Mercy will not be going live as is, or any time soon. It's the PTR, and I know historically that's been more "Preview This Region" than "Public Test Region" and this has built an expectation that changes seen will make live gameplay, but this, fortunately, isn't that.
10/06/2017 05:39 AMPosted by Hy4Lpha
10/06/2017 05:21 AMPosted by Ayuhdale
My biggest problem with these changes is that both the D.va and the Mercy changes have slanted towards DPS heroes being able to ult without having to worry about strategy at all. Defense Matrix could easily be avoided, even at its original length, by wearing it down or popping D.va out of her mech before ulting-never mind the fact that she was really the only tank capable of dealing with Bastion. A big res could easily be avoided by keeping track of Mercy's location and either picking her off or preventing her from getting to the point after a big kill...or just anything about Sombra, really. If you messed up on one of those things, then you don't really deserve to get a big ult potg whatever nonsense. It's like ulting as D.va or Soldier without breaking Reinhardt's shield. It's a bad play, and you don't deserve to get anything out of it. Since the Valkyrie change, I've felt...ignored as a Mercy, and that's not a sign of her being powerful. Genji no longer chases me down and kills me first with his ult because Genji players don't feel like I'm as big of a threat as I was before- and they're right.

Eeveea was of the opinion that big rez had little to no viable counter play actually, so I'm gonna disagree there.

i'm sorry but i have to say this...

eevee is a one trick who hides and rezzes. so of course he's going to say that.
10/06/2017 10:36 AMPosted by JonCrane

And I never really saw an issue with her original ultimate... the counter is to remove the support from play before making a push... the same counter to almost every other support in the game. They introduced hard counters to the other supports in the game.

They could have introduced a character that consumes souls to cancel out her resurrection ability. I know the complaint is the same. That makes that character a must pick. But other characters in the game also have hard counters. How often does Genji dive head first into a one versus one battle against a Winston and come out on top. Possible, yes. Likely, no.

Edit: But I do expect them to remove resurrection completely. It would be nice to see them introduce more support and tank characters to the mix before completely destroying those classes with re-work after re-work.
10/06/2017 10:35 AMPosted by spdR

How do you expect a decent player (Diamond/Master/GM) to maintain his sanity while reading of conspiracy theory against supports, Mercy taking more skill than Tracer/Genji, Lucio/Zen being bad cuz they "can't solo heal" and stuff like that?

I know I reacted bad, and I'm sorry for it, but I simply can't understand how some people don't think about their suggestions. Every single person with an IQ bigger than 80 will realize how dumb and stupid that post sounded. You can basically compare it to something like "you win if you push the payload further than the enemy team."

I mean, I've started to think some heroes will never be viable without being broken/cheap, and that's one of the reason this game may have trouble being and eSport.

Just take a break, from the forums I mean. I'm beginning to lose my sanity with some of these people too, but if I want Overwatch to be the game I want it to be, a healthy and balanced environment suitable for esports, then I have to write in these forums, and try to ration with these people. It's clear some have a very Quick play/ bronze or silver tier attitude to balance, but the Devs aren't addressing these issues so if sensible players don't try to explain why, no, the other 3 supports don't need buffs, for example, nobody will.
10/06/2017 10:52 AMPosted by shadowcattt

i'm sorry but i have to say this...

eevee is a one trick who hides and rezzes. so of course he's going to say that.

And this disproves it how? If anything it proves it right. There was no counterplay to him hiding and doing a big rez. He made that clear, as well as saying he often felt guilty about playing old Mercy for exactly this reason, especially when the big rez was performed through walls or from spawn, one of which was patched out.

I don't see your argument here, big rez was unbalanced. Just not as broken as Mercy 2.0 is.
10/06/2017 10:52 AMPosted by MuppetGrndr
10/06/2017 10:42 AMPosted by meegal
It's alright, the dev's have already said that changes will be made and that the current PTR Mercy will not be going live as is, or any time soon. It's the PTR, and I know historically that's been more "Preview This Region" than "Public Test Region" and this has built an expectation that changes seen will make live gameplay, but this, fortunately, isn't that.

good. It better not.
Getting pretty tired of the argument that "Mercy creates a 6v7 scenario due to rez".

Yes, Mercy can bring an individual back. However, the other supports have abilities that assist far more than Mercy in getting that pick to begin with.

Discord orb and Nade are both amazing for focus fire and making sure a target gets quickly burned down. Consider that Discord orb effectively robs the target of effective HP immediately with no way to remove it (other than LOS or killing Zen). Consider that presently there is no way to remove Nade's healing debuff and it can quite consistently affect multiple targets. This is not even mentioning Nade's ability to AOE heal and improve healing done.

Robbing a target of effective HP and removing their ability to recover HP shift the balance massively in favor of that target dying.

Lucio's speed boost even provides a significant positioning advantage in regards to getting a pick or preventing a team mate from getting picked. Positioning is one of the most important things in the game and should not be overlooked.

Mercy's 30% damage boost to a single target does not even hold a candle to these abilities and how well they facilitate a team getting a pick.

So why is it so bad to allow Mercy to have a defensive ability to undo that pick? Once rez is used it's on CD for a significant period of time.

And during this time the other team can freely discord or speed boost at will. Nade has a much faster recovery period. So burning down the target yet again before rez is able to counter again should be extremely viable.