New Mercy ultimate and E ability (ptr continue)[Feedback]

General Discussion
Prev 1 306 307 308 322 Next
With the latest mercy updates gone live...

Changes won't go live anytime soon...

This sentence keeps echoing in my fu©king head...

I do belive now, that even the developers hate Mercy. And what they always say about "LOVING EVERY HERO IN THE GAME" is no more than ABSOLUTE BULLSH!T
10/17/2017 12:50 PMPosted by Midasgaming
With the latest mercy updates gone live...

Changes won't go live anytime soon...

This sentence keeps echoing in my fu©king head...

I do belive now, that even the developers hate Mercy. And what they always say about "LOVING EVERY HERO IN THE GAME" is no more than ABSOLUTE BULLSH!T

I read their post and laughed. They said "guys, its not going live for Halloween"

I was just thinking...okay but it may still go live in 2 weeks..3 weeks. Hence the frustration.
I was JUST getting used to her new changes and then this newest patch happens. I mained her in competitive. After a bit of fussing, she was really GOOD. The eight second cool down during Valkyrie was great! Now... after testing this new patch, I just can't bring myself to play her. I'm gonna have to find a new comp main.
Does anyone else find it really demeaning the way they try to explain themselves? Just 'oh we made it easier to use because you Mercy mains had to res, ult, res before and now you don't so isn't that so generous of us?'. Rather than the truth which is that they put that mechanic in there thinking it would be hard on us as players to get the most out of and, who knew, support mains actually know what they're doing and were getting a lot of fun and value out of it. I know I know. Support mains and fun. The horror. How dare we.

So now at most you'll get two resurrections but maybe not because GA doesn't reset so you're even more of a sitting duck than before when you fly in to use the ability. It feels like the sort of nerf where we should have got something in return but instead they added back a 'bug' to GA we used to use anyhow, while also nerfing that ability along with our res/ult. Then they explain it like they did us a favor when all they did was take away the one interesting thing this unnecessary rework had going for it in the first place.
The biggest nerf to Mercy isn't the change to Resurrect. It's this.

Guardian Angel
Cooldown no longer resets when Resurrect is activated

Why was this done? Before these changes, any halfway decent team would be able to catch a Mercy jumping in to resurrect a out of place downed Ally.

This was the most fun and risky aspect of playing Mercy, swooping in, resurrecting your downed DPS, and warping out as the enemy team fails to tackle you. It's a game changer and required a lot of skill to execute successfully.

If you do nothing else please revert this change or somehow reward this play style. Open to constructive comments and discussion.
To be honest... the nerf to the rework was just gloss over to stop the pro players like Eeveea quitting, us from nuking the forums and blinded us with a Oh Valkyrie still gives us an extra Res, things should be ok then.

But its just a distraction if I'm being brutally honest... it just feels so slow and Mercy Valkyrie ultimate was already a pretty unimpactful ultimate as it was... with rapid res being its only redeeming feature...

But now I feel like yeah I can Valk... but is there a point... I'm already doing quite well on healing and when things go bad... its usually when there is multi death and when Resurrect is on CD.
Are the people in this thread serious? Or is this meant to be a parody of Mercy players?

This nerf is what a large majority of the playerbase has been asking for since Mercy became overpowered. This thread is just a giant echo chamber of Mercy players, spinning their biased arguments about why Mercy shouldn't be changed.
20th August: Mercy is balanced now . Everyone's having fun .
26th August: Wow the mercy rework looks good , it seems OP too to.
20th September: Wow mercy is so OP , pick rate gets increased , dps mains gets triggered , dps streamers complain , support mains / streamers suggesting good ideas for balancing Mercy .
(at Blizzard HQ) : Lets nerf her so much .And see what happens , who cares about support mains anyway.
22nd September: PTR Mercy so nerfed , dps mains /streamers saying 'Mercy is balanced" . Support mains crying (dying) , hits the forums (EeveeA says he'll quit ) .
(at Blizzard HQ) : We are just checking what will happen , it won't be hitting the live servers soon .
Few days later : There we made balanced mercy by making her Rez twice during valk with no reset of rez and cooldown with 30 second . Removes the GA reset on rez . (Blizzard : This won't be hitting the live servers soon)
Today : Oh fucc

TLDR : Mercy was balanced , they reworked her , she is OP , blizzard nerfs so much , "fixes" mercy aka "balanced" now .
It would have been better to just give her Valk as an E and tweak her SR. Valk as an E would have made her more engaging and nerfing SR gains for rezzing while increasing it for healing/boosting/assisting would have reduced the incentive for only ever hiding for a 5-man. If your team couldn't kill her before rez, then they could use the ult(s) they should have been saving just in case.

Mass rez gave you more options as far as how many people you wanted to bring back, but it was one-and-done; no more rezzing until you charged your ult again. If you had 2 teammates down and one was 0.5 meters out of range, then you had to either pick one or leave them both dead. If you solo-rezzed a teammate and then 2 more died a short time later, there was nothing you could do about it. If the enemy team was prepared to punish that 5-man you just pulled off (as they should have been), then back to spawn you went, either by choice or by force. She also couldn't insta-rez immediate first picks or RE-revive the same person over and over.

I think an E ability and some SR tweaks would have been fine. This rework was entirely too much.
10/17/2017 01:31 PMPosted by Toasty
Are the people in this thread serious? Or is this meant to be a parody of Mercy players?

This nerf is what a large majority of the playerbase has been asking for since Mercy became overpowered. This thread is just a giant echo chamber of Mercy players, spinning their biased arguments about why Mercy shouldn't be changed.

OP or not, she needs to be fun to play and have a definitive way of making an impact in the way that a well timed sleep or sound barrier can. Valkyrie without the res cool down reduction does not tick either of those boxes. It's just hovering like a clunky camera praying there isnt a Widow, Soldier, or Mccree on the enemy team that is going to pick you out of the sky or ult. The GA reset nerf seems particularly malicious in nature. If a Mercy dives a backline and lives along with the person she picked up off the ground, that is the fault of the enemy team and not indication that she needed to lose the reset. However blizzard seems to keep trying to make it easier to kill her despite the fact that....its very easy to do. I murder other Mercy players anytime I'm not playing her, often while playing other supports so I don't see why its the characters fault when a soldier can't do the same thing.
I don't know wtf is happening in the devs's heads but even my psychic handicapped brother saw the notes about Mercy without playing her before and without hearing me about her after the rework, and he said "This sounds very bad". Even he knows this is a total disaster. Why them not????

I'm beggining to think that thanks to Overwatch I'm losing all my interest in all Blizzard's games (really I'm not enjoying them as before). Maybe I even stop playing WoW and not pay anything to this awful company. Good luck with your bleeding of players, guys. You'll need to explain that to the bosses when the numbers talk. You had a brilliant and iconic character. Now it's a disfigured garbage.

And stop lying to the community.
Well then, I guess Mercy players can't get on fire anymore without going battle Mercy.
removed
They BUFFED Mercy's mobility while only slightly reducing the bull!@#$ that was Valk without touching her absurd power level when she isn't ulting.

It's still going to be frustrating as hell and she's still going to be a mandatory pick.

I really can't believe the development team buffed her at all while she was a 99% pick. It makes me want to scream.
I'm tired.

I'm tired of repeating myself. I'm tired of others repeating themselves. I'm tired of the lack of communication, the incapability of the simplest "we hear you" statement. It's barely even problems within game that are frustrating me, but don't think that I'm not disgusted at the way they've gone about a choice few of their hero reworks.

This thread has been open and active for a month and has nothing. It was said quite a while ago and across many different threads, but it truly feels like Blizzard will ignore people with actual feedback and concerns in favor of responding to trolls and toxic players. You can't preach against those who are starting flame wars while only giving attention to those people.

And I've been leaning towards leaving the game for a while but keep holding on to see if Blizzard will finally say something. But I'm tired of coming to the forums, wadding through threads and posts to try and stay in the loop, and I'm tired of waiting for Blizzard to communicate. This was my first Blizzard product ever bought and at this current time I can say it is my last. If this is the standard at which they not only hold themselves but their playerbase I want nothing to do with them.

I'd love to be proven wrong, to have a response and a blue post from anyone. But like I said earlier, it feels like being toxic is the true blue way to get their attention. I don't want to be toxic, I want civil conversation, but it's hard to keep it civil when you're left exhausted from shouting your thoughts into nothing. Being toxic will get me attention, but it won't be the attention I truly want. And if this does grab someone's attention, I suppose you've proven me wrong on two fronts.

I'm tired, gang. I'm tired and frustrated and not having fun with Overwatch, in game or out. But it's not like anyone will read this and care anyway, right?
Honestly I would rather have Blizzard just remove Mercy from the game or revert her because this has just been an absolute trainwreck since her rework. It seems like they don't even know what they want to do with her.

If you're going to just listen to a bunch of DPS players who barely even have 10 minutes on Mercy, over support mains with over 20+ hours on Mercy, then I think you need to rethink of few things because that just doesn't make any sense.

I thought we had a PTR to test out all this stuff before it went live. I thought we had a forum FOR the PTR so you could actually listen to all of our feedback instead of listening to the whiny players who "can't kill the Mercy" and doing your own thing.

I'm so tired of having to get used to my favorite hero all over again. I'm tired of you giving her new abilitys only to nerf them or remove them completely. I'm tired of being treated like garbage because I'm playing a hero that "takes no skill". I didn't buy this game so you could tell me who to play. That's my decision. And so what if I want to play her? If I'm good at her it shouldn't even be a damn problem. But I digress.

I'm just really sick and tired of dealing with this. It's literally so easy to kill a Mercy and if you have good flankers who are doing their jobs, and you are also doing yours, then you really shouldn't have a problem dealing with her. It's not "oh I can't kill Mercy she's too hard to hit/she's OP!!1!!!", it's "you need to get better at the game and stop crying about everything".

There wasn't a problem with old Mercy. What you were supposed to do was: >Coordinate with your team
>Plan with your team
>Kill Mercy before you got a teamwipe.
>And save your ults if she comes in to rez so you have something to counter it with.

But apparently it's too hard to work as a team in a team game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways, I don't really see a point in playing Mercy anymore, so I guess the almost 200 hours I have on her aren't worth anything. I'll be sucking at Widow and Tracer from now on. Cheers loves! Apparently some heroes die!
10/17/2017 01:52 PMPosted by Winks
They BUFFED Mercy's mobility while only slightly reducing the bull!@#$ that was Valk without touching her absurd power level when she isn't ulting.

It's still going to be frustrating as hell and she's still going to be a mandatory pick.

I really can't believe the development team buffed her at all while she was a 99% pick. It makes me want to scream.

How about you ask them why they reworked her on first stage? She was almost perfectly balanced before this stupid madness happened. Two small nerfs and tadaaaa!

But no. That would have been sensitive, easy and intelligent. Instead, they chose to swap her for other hero, make it impossible to balance but refuse to accept that, and blatantly lie to everyone while also telling every non-DPS main "you are next" (and no, I don't really care who is going to be next, it's just the general feeling all the recent changes give).

I have stood for many things blizzard did, but with pathetic moves like this they make it harder and harder.
10/16/2017 10:41 PMPosted by shǝnanigans
The invulnerability is what made hide-and-rez work. Resurrect was never intended to be used on large numbers of players on a frequent basis. If the enemy wipes your team and takes control of the area they're standing in, Resurrect should not be a viable option any longer.

If your team gets suddenly eliminated by an ult, then Mercy should have an opportunity to get that big Rez. Being better than her team at predicting the ult and avoiding it is a totally fair request since she doesn't have to aim. Gamesense and decision making is her whole thing, right?

Genji does not get five kills every time he pulls Blade. He usually gets two. Asking for Mercy to have the ability to Res five at the slightest hint of an opportunity is downright absurd.

So... if Genji is in the right place and can get 5 kills, then it's OK because he deserves it. Usually it's far less than a team wipe because the opportunity doesn't present itself.

If Mercy was in the right place and could get 5 rezes, it's not OK because she didn't deserve it. Usually it was far less than a team rez because the opportunity didn't present itself.

Got it. You have a double standard for Mercy and just don't want to admit it.
Hey all! To help keep all of the Mercy suggestions and feedback organized and easy to find, please add your thoughts to this echo chamber. Thank you!
New changes to Mercy are out and, well... its something, however, Mercy is still a must pick by a long shot and is making games stale because of it. I hope more changes are in the works because this will be an unexciting contendors/ blizzcon/ OWL if this mercy continues on like this.