So, Sombra is dead now? (lore)

General Discussion
Did she get killed in the comic when she was trapped in the big house? it said something like "TTAAKCC *sombra hack codes* TAACMCC" like if she were burning.
So did she escape or did she die?
escaped
Translocator
09/27/2017 10:55 AMPosted by Steev
Translocator

Zarya Graviton surged it when she tried to use it first time.

Dead, ready to retire her from the game since they obviously can't be bothered working on her to make her useful outside of highly coordinated professional play.
Probably not since Zarya wonders whether or not she ”completed her task”

If she killed her, then yeah there wouldnt be any doubt in Zarya, but there is
I doubt Sombra would just blow herself up like that. She probably hacked the other guy so Zarya would have reason not to go after her.
Grav only lasts 4 seconds, she wasn't trapped in it. And it even showed her lying on the floor after the grav, so it wasn't active anymore. She got out.
The only one dead is Tracer. (lololol)
Well, in game she can have 1 Translocator for balance reasons. But who's to say she can't have multiple and they can't be active for a very long time?

Sombra was a little "too easy" to find. Maybe that meeting was meant to happen for Sombra to stir up trouble.
The sounds were coming from the omnic that helped zarya.
09/27/2017 11:14 AMPosted by LilPuddin
Sombra was a little "too easy" to find. Maybe that meeting was meant to happen for Sombra to stir up trouble.

Yuppers! I hope Zarya stays loyal to her leaders and understands the importance of alliances.

It also opens the door to a plot twist i HOPE happens in a big way.

The tech the Russians get from the Omnics have a virus which causes the collapse of Russia. The leader was wrong to trust the Omnics... but it's not that cut and dry! There is a cell of evil Omnics similar to Blackwatch looking to upset the uneasy peace between humans and Omnics - sabotaging the agreement with Russia and putting Zarya in a difficult public position. Does she openly support the 'good' Omnics or go to war with all Omnics?

EDIT: This opens the door for an EVIL OMNIC! Let do it Blizz :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg1gTas7OAA
... What comic?
09/27/2017 11:28 AMPosted by Widowbaeker
... What comic?

https://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/zarya-searching
Guess I'll ask here too....

Am I the only one who went from finding Zarya's character from not much more than a stereotype (strong woman from Russia her entire character) to utterly detestable due to her bias against omnics? Like she oozes hate so much that it makes her entirely unlikable or relatable.
b00p
09/27/2017 11:40 AMPosted by Lucky

Am I the only one who went from finding Zarya's character from not much more than a stereotype (strong woman from Russia her entire character) to utterly detestable due to her bias against omnics? Like she oozes hate so much that it makes her entirely unlikable or relatable.

Keep in mind that her village was destroyed and she spent a huge portion of her life fighting for humanity's survival against the rampaging, ruthless omnics. It's a believable bias. Not necessarily right, but definitely understandable.
Am I the only one that missed the point of the comic?

Zarya hunts down Sombra, reluctantly in the company of an omnic from Numbani. When they find Sombra, Zarya finds out that *gasp! Katya's been dealing with the enemy. Or did Zarya get told that? How does this affect Zarya? How does this leave her conflict with Sombra?

I'm sorry, I was left wanting. It felt like: I hate Sombra and omnics. OMG found Sombra. Sombra calls out Katya. End.

We didn't learn anything. Not a damn thing. If Zarya changed in some way, I don't see it. Literally nothing of consequence happened. The big reveal, that Sombra blabbed Katya's secret, and Zarya revealed part of Sombra's actual name [?], seemed to have zero impact. No character growth. Hell, what happens to Zarya? She's the center, and all we know is that she was in a place at a time and had a fight we know would happen.
"TTAAKCC" sound were coming from the omnic guy.
09/27/2017 11:46 AMPosted by GraveEye
09/27/2017 11:40 AMPosted by Lucky

Keep in mind that her village was destroyed and she spent a huge portion of her life fighting for humanity's survival against the rampaging, ruthless omnics. It's a believable bias. Not necessarily right, but definitely understandable.

That fact doesn't make her either more likable or relatable though, I like her less than I did before the comic. And it's not like a villain where you want to see them get what's coming to them even, it's just I don't like her. I mean I expect some to disagree with me, but I would've rather seen another direction, or better yet another hero focused on first. But I guess they have to do zarya at some point.

I mean it did have some character development she has to come to terms with her hatred which is good but I still find her overall detestable.
she obviously didn't die, she convinced zarya