Solving Symmetra's issues. [MEGA THREAD]

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 11 Next
10/19/2017 08:06 AMPosted by Micrøwave
"My shield Generator is online, stay in it's radius!" Also maybe let allies see it's radius on the ground.
I. Love. This.
Removing the slowdown is probably fine. It's QoL, because what would it enable beyond dumping a turret as you flee?

Shield buffs might be OP, but my idea would be to give it a choice of speeds; tap for slower, charge for 0.5 seconds to get current, max speed.

Edit: Big seconded on shield radius being visible. Maybe even to opposing team.
10/19/2017 09:19 AMPosted by Micrøwave

Fine... As far as the turret placements go, I already said in my main post they take 1.5s to activate, and only have 1 hp, so her being able to be on the run and place them isn't going to be op, as you can just shoot them before they even activate. This ability in higher ranks is lacking because it puts Sym in extreme danger for little reward as their already easy to shut down. (You will die if you place them near an enemy.) And you compared them to Torb's turret, which are 2 completely different abilities and really not comparable. Torb's has way higher hp, is singular, has way more range, and counters different hero's.

As far as her shield goes, I guess technically it is already curved, like barely.... I meant to curve it more like a bowl.. As it's protection is lacking.

There you go.

I feel like this would change her from her current role as a builder/zoning character. This would change her into more of a skirmisher. If that's the case, then her gun ought to be toned down quite a bit because her combat would become focused on throwing down turrets mid fight.

I personally have no problems with her shield as it is or if it were more bowled like Orisas shield. If it were more rounded then it would probably be narrower. There has to be a trade off somewhere.
10/19/2017 09:28 AMPosted by Tuwiki
I feel like this would change her from her current role as a builder/zoning character. This would change her into more of a skirmisher. If that's the case, then her gun ought to be toned down quite a bit because her combat would become focused on throwing down turrets mid fight.

...how would her being able to flee slightly faster make her a skirmisher?

Tossing down a turret in a panic as you are running away doesn't make someone a skirmisher when you can basically just LOOK at a turret wrong and it dies.
All the upvotes. lol im shocked. when I ask for a sym buff I get downvoted to oblivion
10/19/2017 10:56 AMPosted by juggy
All the upvotes. lol im shocked. when I ask for a sym buff I get downvoted to oblivion

Didn’t you also say you deliberately put her teleporter at your team’s farthest spawn from the point as cliff diving is so 2016?

Maybe you wouldn’t be downvoted if you actually want to succeed as Symmetra, and you want Symmetra to succeed as a hero people won’t intentionally throw or get toxic over.
The slow for deploying her turrets never has served any real purpose or felt like it was something that happened for a reason so I can completely agree with getting rid of that.
I don't feel like changing the shape of her barrier does anything to really make it more useful though. What should be done with it is testing shorter cooldowns but along with that different travel speeds. When using it to block enemy ults or large amounts of incoming damage it feels like it takes an uncomfortably large amount of timing and prediction on the spot to know when to send it out. If someone like McCree is ulting then Sym can save her team from it if her barrier is up but because of it's travel time it's very risky to either send it out early or to try predicting just when the enemy will fire. A bit slower travel time could really help make it a safer use when right now it's very dependent on the enemies distance to be of any real use.
I really don't even see too much to comment on about the very needed QoL changes to her ults. They should be visible in the same way Sombra's hacked medkits are so her team know where to go if it's under attack or what areas to just more generally be around to ward off enemies. Along with that though maybe give her turrets the same treatment. If im playing Sym I often try using my turrets to create safer areas for my healer and them or weak teammates being able to see where to run for some extra safer would add to the presence of her support. Which is already for many players too hard to ever really keep in mind in her current state.
What should be done with it is testing shorter cooldowns but along with that different travel speeds.

That would be nice if you could manually change it. Such as pressing the keybind again. Because it needs to maintain it's speed currently in game because it's walking speed. However I agree there should be multiple speeds.
10/19/2017 02:01 PMPosted by Micrøwave
What should be done with it is testing shorter cooldowns but along with that different travel speeds.

That would be nice if you could manually change it. Such as pressing the keybind again. Because it needs to maintain it's speed currently in game because it's walking speed. However I agree there should be multiple speeds.

I don't mean multiple speeds for it because I rather it be slower and a better blocking tool then one for engagement. But that's not a bad idea still, certainly could make it a bit more useful. Still, none of these changes would exactly do much to remove her niche appeal. Symmetra's biggest problem is still just the communities general unwillingness to accept or understand that she is a support which brings so much hate to just playing her at all. Your suggestions are still things that I hope get tested to at least see how much they really can help her.
10/19/2017 09:28 AMPosted by Tuwiki
10/19/2017 09:19 AMPosted by Micrøwave

Fine... As far as the turret placements go, I already said in my main post they take 1.5s to activate, and only have 1 hp, so her being able to be on the run and place them isn't going to be op, as you can just shoot them before they even activate. This ability in higher ranks is lacking because it puts Sym in extreme danger for little reward as their already easy to shut down. (You will die if you place them near an enemy.) And you compared them to Torb's turret, which are 2 completely different abilities and really not comparable. Torb's has way higher hp, is singular, has way more range, and counters different hero's.

As far as her shield goes, I guess technically it is already curved, like barely.... I meant to curve it more like a bowl.. As it's protection is lacking.

There you go.

I personally have no problems with her shield as it is or if it were more bowled like Orisas shield. If it were more rounded then it would probably be narrower. There has to be a trade off somewhere.

Her turrets still have activation time, for your suggestion that would need to be removed or they are useless to drop during combat anyways.

OP is just saying let you setup without having to stand still and get killed during, not that they instantly activate and start doing work.

Just remove the huge risk she has to face when trying to reap such a small reward, 30DPS! For that she is stalled for a second and they dont activate for another 1.5 seconds!
Thats much longer then a Mcree stun!
Blizzard really needs to look at the support category in general. By far the biggest problem in the game right now. Ana and Sym are ignored, we need another healer, and I don't even need to say anything about Mercy.
10/19/2017 09:19 AMPosted by akulani
10/19/2017 08:06 AMPosted by Micrøwave
"My shield Generator is online, stay in it's radius!" Also maybe let allies see it's radius on the ground.
I. Love. This.

That. Would help a lot actually. I mean they did the same thing with Lucio's AoE aura, so its possible this could work for Sym's shield gen as well.
OP, my favorite idea from this is faster turret placement. I'd also like to see her turrets on a shorter cooldown.
I could live with a 600 HP shield if it came back on a faster CD, faster walkspeed to get away from those trouble matchups, either an increase in placement range or speed, maybe even turret count. Turrets also need a faster CD.

I don't necessarily agree with her being able to place them faster, they just need to come back faster and I think maybe 8-10 turrets would be fine at a slightly reduced damage output and more turret health.

In terms of ult, I believe the teleport entrance should be all spawn doors, I've lost plenty of matches where my teammates decided to walk instead of coming back to the fight immediately and lo and behold it's somehow MY fault we lost. Also teammates should see the location, but hidden in death cams in order to not completely diminish the value of the ult.
you got to grandmaster as playing nothing but symmetra... and now seem to have hit a brick wall, and now are going to great lengths to try and adapt the hero more so you won't ever have to learn something other than symmetra?

The fact that you got to grandmaster alone playing such an easy hero proves there's no need to change her at all. You want to ask blizzard to change a hero so he's actually viable at higher elos? Then ask to change Torb. How many 100%-nothing-but-torb mains do you see in grand master? None. Because he's not viable on attack.

If anything should be changed about sym, it should be to nerf her, so she can't be passed off as a dps, viable on every map and in basically every situation. I really have little respect for people who exploit the game as such, selfishly pick only one hero, then furthermore have the audacity to go on the forums asking to change her more. Like, don't take this the wrong way but, there's more than 1 hero in the game, a lot of which require a lot more skill, balancing, and/or modifications than symettra does.
you got to grandmaster as playing nothing but symmetra... and now seem to have hit a brick wall, and now are going to great lengths to try and adapt the hero more so you won't ever have to learn something other than symmetra?

The fact that you got to grandmaster alone playing such an easy hero proves there's no need to change her at all. You want to ask blizzard to change a hero so he's actually viable at higher elos? Then ask to change Torb. How many 100%-nothing-but-torb mains do you see in grand master? None. Because he's not viable on attack.

If anything should be changed about sym, it should be to nerf her, so she can't be passed off as a dps, viable on every map and in basically every situation. I really have little respect for people who exploit the game as such, selfishly pick only one hero, then furthermore have the audacity to go on the forums asking to change her more. Like, don't take this the wrong way but, there's more than 1 hero in the game, a lot of which require a lot more skill, balancing, and/or modifications than symettra does.

Stop right there, criminal scum. Scatter arrow does 450 damage which instakills every character in the game outside of Mech D.Va, also who is a hard counter to Sym. That's much faster than if Sym was at full charge with all 6 of her turrets on you. Sym also has the most hard counters in the game with no movement abilities in a game where movement is king.

Thanks for playing
I'm also a near Grandmaster Symmetra main, most of the points you made are very well made, this is I agree with everything.
I really hope she gets something added to her that makes her more of a support
10/20/2017 11:01 PMPosted by BLACKAPE

There is actually a lot of Torb mains who play him on attack in GM.... He still need's a buff though. And I haven't hit a brick wall, I haven't even Qd since I hit Gm, but I still see where Sym lacks and where she needs love.

My rank doesn't matter, If I was as good on someone else who was UP as I was on Sym, then I'd play them. Any hero can climb to Gm. Not all hero's are balanced.

And also, Sym is harder then she looks, good luck holding down m1 at Gm.. Most of my kills are with alternate fire/melee combo. And baiting into rooms. And why I win is because of my ultimates.
10/21/2017 12:07 PMPosted by Micrøwave
10/20/2017 11:01 PMPosted by BLACKAPE

There is actually a lot of Torb mains who play him on attack in GM.... He still need's a buff though. And I haven't hit a brick wall, I haven't even Qd since I hit Gm, but I still see where Sym lacks and where she needs love.

My rank doesn't matter, If I was as good on someone else who was UP as I was on Sym, then I'd play them. Any hero can climb to Gm. Not all hero's are balanced.

And also, Sym is harder then she looks, good luck holding down m1 at Gm.. Most of my kills are with alternate fire/melee combo. And baiting into rooms. And why I win is because of my ultimates.
im not gm but i am masters and sym is really hard to try and make work especially si ce i would be doing way more if i went a differetn support