Keyboard VS Controller isn't "playing fair"

General Discussion
Blizzard is acting very hypocritical of themselves. First they are coming out with such a bold statement as "play nice, play fair". It's absolutely despicable that blizzard allows the #1 console player in the world to abuse mouse and keyboard and completely destroy people on console. Using a controller is way harder and is nearly impossible to beat a keyboarding widow.

Blizzard needs to take a firm stance on this issue. I'm fully willing to accept that there are just some people out there who will crush me. But when I know the person in question uses a keyboard to gain a "unfair" advantage over me. I feel like blizzard takes console community as a joke.

They barely recognize our existence and barely even say anything that makes us feel unique to PC. It took them 1 year to get a report system. What's next 2 years for a keyboard ban. It's not fair that someone can go into my Competetive games and blatently abuse the power of keyboard. It is absurd that blizzard doesn't take a stance on this.

What do you guys think
Theyve come out and said it publicly. They dont like k&m on console, but theres nothing that can be done. The xim4 makes the game read the inpurs as if theyre controllers. So impossible to detect until they develop anti cheatimg software that can identify xim4

To add to the problem with it though, they also get aim assist advantage. Umlike on pc where no assist exists whatsoever
10/31/2017 11:45 PMPosted by KillLaChem
Theyve come out and said it publicly. They dont like k&m on console, but theres nothing that can be done. The xim4 makes the game read the inpurs as if theyre controllers. So impossible to detect until they develop anti cheatimg software that can identify xim4

Exactly so why aren't they. It's a huge issue it makes console overwatch feel unappreciated compared to PC which gets all the love
Personally speaking, It's player's choice.

Example.

Recently, I've heard that linear ramp was best for playing on console. After that, I heard it was exponential ramp. Have both, while having maxed out sensitivity and 0 aim-in ease.

I tried both, and neither was a good fit for me. In the end, I went with the dual option, which has worked well in my favor.

TL;DR - If the shoe fits, wear it. If not, try on another size until something works for you.
They can't do anything. PS4 and Xbox are compatible. If they did anything they'd bump heads with Sony and Microsoft.
10/31/2017 11:41 PMPosted by KephriiJr
the #1 console player in the world to abuse mouse and keyboard and completely destroy people on console.

Actually Vinnie, the #1 player across all systems (based on S6 SR) is a controller player
10/31/2017 11:48 PMPosted by KephriiJr
10/31/2017 11:45 PMPosted by KillLaChem

Exactly so why aren't they. It's a huge issue it makes console overwatch feel unappreciated compared to PC which gets all the love

I mean whos to say they havent been? Took a year to plop out reporting, a,feature they already had everyehere else, just a matter of coding it into console files. Bu to develop anti cheating software that can effectively detect something that mocks controllers? I can only imagime how hard it is to start something like that.
Blizzard does not want K&M on console, but their hands are tied. It's Sony and Microsoft the only ones that could do anything about it, but they don't want to disallow the converters and lose on that revenue, so unfortunately this is an issue that will simply not be solved.
This is a question for Sony and Microsoft, not Blizzard.
why decide the way of how players want to play?
you know widow&Hanzo are garbage with a controller and they play better with a m&k so you just want them to be always a troll pick ?
m&k were around for a long time since ps3
there is even some supportable ones released from ps4
so why ban me just in this game for using it ?
any one play shooter heavily on console would want a better experiment
anyway whether you play bad or good you are playing in your rank
if everyone good by just using m&k then we wouldn't have seen any rank under GM on pc right !
(widow-hanzo-mecree) these heroes need more accurate aim on console so
good for everyone playing them with actually good aim
all I see in my diamond rank are just trolls
and if blizzard want to to something about it then just make their game detect
m&k and turn off aim assists automatically when plugged in
10/31/2017 11:59 PMPosted by DaSquyd

They can ban the players
With the reporting system, it's pretty easy
I have been reporting every single player that was using KB&M (I know by seeing the killcam)
Not sure if blizz would ever do anything about it but I will continue to do so, so if blizz decides to ban them, they have good archive of players

Also in the reporting, the cheating describes using 3rd party hardware.
Other than using these kb&m convertors I can’t think of a single other way players can cheat on consoles and that must be why they have that cheating option in reporting
11/01/2017 01:12 AMPosted by KhashayarJan
10/31/2017 11:59 PMPosted by DaSquyd

They can ban the players
I have been reporting every single player that was using KB&M (I know by seeing the killcam)
Not sure if blizz would ever do anything about it but I will continue to do so, so if blizz decides to ban them, they have good archive of players

Other than using these kb&m convertors I can’t think of a single other way players can cheat on consoles and that must be why they have that cheating option in reporting

Unfortunately, Blizzard has actually said that it's not actually against the rules. They don't like it, but there's nothing they can really do about it. Also, you should probably stop falsely reporting people before your own account gets banned.
11/01/2017 06:33 PMPosted by DaSquyd
<span class="truncated">...</span>
They can ban the players

Unfortunately, Blizzard has actually said that it's not actually against the rules. They don't like it, but there's nothing they can really do about it. Also, you should probably stop falsely reporting people before your own account gets banned.

They also didn't change the wording from PC, so you're looking at report reasons from a PC perspective, that's why it doesn't make sense on a console.

And considering that Sony has a licensed Keyboard and Mouse adapter already and Xbox is going to make keyboard and mouse unlocked in all gaming soon if Blizzard did ban someone for it for some reason it would be disgusting lawsuit potential.
Kind of seems like a bad thing, but don't those comp nerds purchase fancy controllers with special buttons that give them an advantage over regular controller users?

Seems like the same ballpark to me.

If I play Rocket League with a mouse and keyboard I don't call for a ban on the controller users, I just get a controller myself.
While we're at it, let's ban people who use third party sticks and hitboxes for fighting games.

No, seriously, I just love people hypocrisy. A guy using PS4 controller on PC, because he's used to it, more comfortable with it and it gives him - personally - an edge in fight? That is a player choice! A guy using kb+m on PS4, because he's used to it, more comfortable with it and it gives him - personally - an edge in fight? CHEATER!11 BAN HIM!11

I'll agree with bans on consoles for kb+m only then, when people start advocate bans for controllers on PC. Then you'll at least have some consistency with your opinions.
11/01/2017 06:38 PMPosted by Fosty
Kind of seems like a bad thing, but don't those comp nerds purchase fancy controllers with special buttons that give them an advantage over regular controller users?

If I play Rocket League with a mouse and keyboard I don't call for a ban on the controller users, I just get a controller myself.
I'd like to see what these fancy controllers are

I highly doubt it's the same advantage as mouse-aim vs clunky, slow, time-consuming control-stick aiming.

11/01/2017 06:40 PMPosted by HappyGoLucky
While we're at it, let's ban people who use third party sticks and hitboxes for fighting games.
Overwatch is not a fighting game, so bringing other games into this argument is absolutely irrelevant to Overwatch.
11/01/2017 06:41 PMPosted by Pakaku
Overwatch is not a fighting game, so bringing other games into this argument is absolutely irrelevant to Overwatch.

You know, mate, I love how you ignored the rest of the post and didn't really try to think about what was that first part, that you call "irrelevant" is actually about.

Let me spell it for you.

P L A Y E R P R E F E R E N C E

While it's commonly considered that "fightsticks" and "hitboxes" are the "true way" for fighting games, there were consistent pro-level players who took tourneys with freaking PSone controllers. Wich are considered garbage. Because what? Player preference.

Plus, again, as soon as people will advocate for bans for controllers on PC, I'll hop on the bandwagon and shout with you "BAN THEM CHEATERS!"
11/01/2017 06:41 PMPosted by Pakaku
11/01/2017 06:38 PMPosted by Fosty

I'd like to see what these fancy controllers are

I highly doubt it's the same advantage as mouse-aim vs clunky, slow, time-consuming control-stick aiming.

11/01/2017 06:40 PMPosted by HappyGoLucky

They're called Scuff controllers and they are certainly something else. All those tasty buttons.

https://scufgaming.com/playstation-4-pro-gaming-controllers//

Also Fortnight allows cross play and that seems to work pretty well too, it's interesting to see it in action and certainly broke what used to be a taboo boundary.
11/01/2017 12:05 AMPosted by MoonKeeper
why decide the way of how players want to play?
you know widow&Hanzo are garbage with a controller and they play better with a m&k so you just want them to be always a troll pick ?
m&k were around for a long time since ps3
there is even some supportable ones released from ps4
so why ban me just in this game for using it ?
any one play shooter heavily on console would want a better experiment
anyway whether you play bad or good you are playing in your rank
if everyone good by just using m&k then we wouldn't have seen any rank under GM on pc right !
(widow-hanzo-mecree) these heroes need more accurate aim on console so
good for everyone playing them with actually good aim
all I see in my diamond rank are just trolls
and if blizzard want to to something about it then just make their game detect
m&k and turn off aim assists automatically when plugged in

it is completely possible to be good at widow, hanzo, and mccree on a controller, but imagine it this way. is it not cheating when a m+k user playing mccree makes a fool out of the controller mccree? how is it fair if only some of the population can have the better aim?

anyway im callin some BS there bc they said reporting was a microsoft/sony issue too which was why we didnt have it for the first year and a half of overwatch basically. ik they can only do "so Much" but. there has to be a way of detecting it, since it is Cheating.
11/01/2017 06:52 PMPosted by harmicist

is it not cheating when a m+k user playing mccree makes a fool out of the controller mccree? how is it fair if only some of the population can have the better aim?

Is it not cheating when 5 ping McCree makes a complete fool out of the 105 ping McCree, because he has 0.1s of unfair advantage over him? Shouldn't Blizzard implement forced latency around 100-120, so everyone will have a fair chance?