Coming, this Tuesday

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
The players wanted it, so they get it, then they complain about it down vote away folks but it's the truth, everyone complained about DM and rez so we got this.........keep the forums full of nerf threads and it will only get worse.
"You want to play Mei? FORGET IT, 'cause she's will remain underpowered, useless and hated with no reason"
I hope this will not happen, she needs a buff ASAP
Because the ''just use all your ults at once'' move works so well against teams without Mercy...

Oh wait, it doesn't.

But go ahead, keep writing your doomsday threads, it's a good way to get approval from the thoughtless forum masses.
09/17/2017 09:00 AMPosted by Saint
Because the ''just use all your ults at once'' move works so well against teams without Mercy...

Oh wait, it doesn't.

But go ahead, keep writing your doomsday threads, it's a good way to get approval from the thoughtless forum masses.

"Alright everyone, pop everything at once!"

A wild Mei wall appears!

"FUUUUUUUUUU-"
Oh wow, I wonder how I ever won on Defense without Mercy!

P.S. that Mercy change can't come soon enough. Get Shrekt.
You gave the enemy 6 ults and they used it to fight you. Mercy hits Q and there is a 6 for 1 ult trade. How is that fair? Mercys ult charged so fast too. Now 6 ults vs 6 ults with mercy ult is a fair fight. Not one team winning becuase they chose a different support. If you get teamwiped its your fault. If the enemy burns all their ults they win one fight, but lose the game. For example a whole team uses all their ults on defence point B in hanamura then next fight they lose becuase they have no ults and the enemy has theirs. As for defense matrix, an ability you have 24/7 should not be able to stop a ult you have to farm.
you kids actually play the game? lmao get on with the times and join us in the custom games
09/16/2017 07:56 PMPosted by mirvine
To a PC near you:

Call of Overwatch

Where supports don't exist and DPS don't have counters.

Want a game where you can counter enemy ultimates?
TOO BAD! With the new DPSwatch™, there are only TWO defensive ultimates, both of which can EASILY be countered for MAXIMUM OFFENSIVE PLEASURE!

Lol what do you think is gonna happen after Mercy goes live? Game is gonna be more fun?

Nah what's gonna happen is you can use every single ult you have and get a guaranteed teamwipe. Transcendence and Sound Barrier are way too easy to counter (see: Tracer, Sombra, D.Va, or just throwing in a ton of DPS ults to outdamage whatever healing transcendence does) and Symmetra isn't gonna do anything.

Fun fact: If you teamwipe, you WILL cap the point before enemies can respawn (even on point B). And now that using literally every ultimate has no consequences, teamwipes are going to happen ridiculously often.

It doesn't take coordination and teamwork and epic plays and gamesense for 6 people to understand "oh, now's the time to ult" and throw in whatever ult they have. Using all your ults at once SHOULD be a bad practice, and until Tuesday, it still is... but the second that Mercy rework goes by, WHOOPS! sorry bud, your transcendence ult did nothing because of the enemy Reaper, Pharah and Sombra that all ulted into the enemy grav.

Oh, D.Va can just block their ults!

...Right?

Right guys?

Balance is going out the window, and honestly this game is just becoming "Call of Duty: Blizzard Edition"

Well, we know at least one Mercy main who is scared they no longer can single-handedly change the game.
09/17/2017 09:22 AMPosted by KingFlare
You gave the enemy 6 ults and they used it to fight you. Mercy hits Q and there is a 6 for 1 ult trade. How is that fair? Mercys ult charged so fast too. Now 6 ults vs 6 ults with mercy ult is a fair fight. Not one team winning becuase they chose a different support. If you get teamwiped its your fault. If the enemy burns all their ults they win one fight, but lose the game. For example a whole team uses all their ults on defence point B in hanamura then next fight they lose becuase they have no ults and the enemy has theirs. As for defense matrix, an ability you have 24/7 should not be able to stop a ult you have to farm.

If your team is so bad that you need 6 ults to kill the enemy team AND fail to kill Mercy WITH those 6 ults, then Rez is not the problem here.
You can always play COD. I liked MW2, but it's so old nobody plays it anymore.. best of the franchise though.
09/17/2017 07:54 AMPosted by mirvine
09/17/2017 07:42 AMPosted by Kinni

Actually I think that's always what the devs wanted. I mean hey it's not like we have trans and sound barrier still right?
Literally unavoidable if the enemy team uses every single offensive ult they have

So the enemy is using every single offensive ult they have, and you expect to beat that by hiding around a corner and pressing Q?

1337 ski11z
09/17/2017 08:50 AMPosted by Seefer
The players wanted it, so they get it, then they complain about it down vote away folks but it's the truth, everyone complained about DM and rez so we got this.........keep the forums full of nerf threads and it will only get worse.

There's a lot of dishonesty going on right now. People are acting like politicians.

Time and again I'll see people that supported a bunch of prior nerfs suddenly opposing all of them and blaming the DPS. It's beneficial to do so, because a Mercy main complaining about the Mercy and Roadhog nerfs gets "The Roadhog Vote" and incidentally make support for unnerfing their own main look better.

I blame Jeff's "the community wanted it" response to the Roadhog nerf energizing people. The irony of Blizzard verifying that they respond to community complaints is that people try to game it.

Certainly a person's opinion can change, but the practice of faking one's opinion to game support is disgusting and significantly devalues the forums as a community outlet.
09/17/2017 09:30 AMPosted by Holsety
09/17/2017 09:22 AMPosted by KingFlare

If your team is so bad that you need 6 ults to kill the enemy team AND fail to kill Mercy WITH those 6 ults, then Rez is not the problem here.
Can't kill a mercy hiding in spawn
This game has really changed a lot. From the death of deathball comps, to the nerfing of most of the tanks or buffing of their counters, to the nerfs to supports, this game really has become more about how fast your reflexes are, and how good your 1337 dps skillz are, than what I wanted it to be, which was kind of a first person HotS without creeps. I really liked it back in the old days, played religiously for nearly a year. Haven't played in like 1 1/2-2 months, don't see myself coming back. I might check out the new characters when they come out, but I just no longer have an interest in playing a game centered around reflexes which I don't have. :( It's a damn shame too. Overwatch was my favorite game for a long time.
Make new Mercy's ult more fun: escape from Zarya's ult and Junkrat's trap. Plus, boost healing during Valkyrie.
So we will be all happy :))))

Because between Spawn and Conquest Point, Mercy can rez... right?
09/17/2017 07:34 AMPosted by Kalidoscope
Well.

Looking to the positive side of things, at least now I can't blame Mercy for denying my D.Va bombs.
And, I guess I can fly now as Mercy.
Uh.

*Face of a man driven to the point where he cannot even recall his own twin's face.*

Don't worry, you can now blame the Mercy for every single death now that Res no longer has an indicator that shows whether or not it's available!
And if she uses on someone who isn't you?
Even better!
09/17/2017 09:38 AMPosted by HappyFeet
09/17/2017 09:30 AMPosted by Holsety

Can kill her before she gets to point.
Yet everyone seems to forget about that, which is why we're getting the changes.
So in other words:
"THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!"
I don't really know what overwatch do you play, because i've never seen a mercy hiding all the game until her team gets destroyed, that's only viable in overtime, and it's not that hard save 1 ult to instant kill them. Most of the times when a mercy rez, there is a reaper/junk ult ready to wipe the team again, there are plenty of videos showing "2 team kills" because of her rez.

But i guess that the 13 years old dps main should always have the reason, and this is mercy hide and seek.

You can't say that overwatch it's not turning into 6 dps meta, since everything that it's not a dps it's getting changed to be less game changing. Ana's dmg, for example, defense matrix, roadhog, zen ult throught walls, and even a stupid shield can block lucio ult.

The new mercy it's just for making the dps mains happier, no more counterplays that takes the same skill than what they did, yes, press q, cause, come on, it's not that hard press q and press left click with soldier/genju/mcrree. But if mercy press shift and then q, that's unfair! Reading dps main complains about the old mercy seems like every rez its a 5 man rez, when most of the time they are not even a 3 man rez. And now, like someone said before, if your mercy didn't rez you, since it's no longer a ult you can blame her even if it was on CD :D

Let's throw all the !@#$ to the supports and tanks to just be crying because noone wants to play support or tank... Supports and tanks should be the ones that try to deny dps ultimates, but no, that's unfair.

NEXT PATCH: SOUND BARRIER, TRANSCENDENCE, SLEEP DART AND ALL THE SHIELDS GETS DELETED TO MAKE TEAM WIPES EVEN EASIER, and ofc, no more tps, please.
09/16/2017 07:56 PMPosted by mirvine
To a PC near you:

Call of Overwatch

Where supports don't exist and DPS don't have counters.

Want a game where you can counter enemy ultimates?
TOO BAD! With the new DPSwatch™, there are only TWO defensive ultimates, both of which can EASILY be countered for MAXIMUM OFFENSIVE PLEASURE!

Lol what do you think is gonna happen after Mercy goes live? Game is gonna be more fun?

Nah what's gonna happen is you can use every single ult you have and get a guaranteed teamwipe. Transcendence and Sound Barrier are way too easy to counter (see: Tracer, Sombra, D.Va, or just throwing in a ton of DPS ults to outdamage whatever healing transcendence does) and Symmetra isn't gonna do anything.

Fun fact: If you teamwipe, you WILL cap the point before enemies can respawn (even on point B). And now that using literally every ultimate has no consequences, teamwipes are going to happen ridiculously often.

It doesn't take coordination and teamwork and epic plays and gamesense for 6 people to understand "oh, now's the time to ult" and throw in whatever ult they have. Using all your ults at once SHOULD be a bad practice, and until Tuesday, it still is... but the second that Mercy rework goes by, WHOOPS! sorry bud, your transcendence ult did nothing because of the enemy Reaper, Pharah and Sombra that all ulted into the enemy grav.

Oh, D.Va can just block their ults!

...Right?

Right guys?

Balance is going out the window, and honestly this game is just becoming "Call of Duty: Blizzard Edition"

Forgot ultimate counter to all healing - Ana's biotic grenade. Throw one in and achieve team wipe with ease.