Symmettra main here

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 26 Next
Since people complain that she's not a healer I always thought that her shield generator (or all things she creates should have a passive healing in an aura around them but of course the shield gen's range would be it's normal shield giving range
10/05/2017 11:26 AMPosted by Kyleesie
10/05/2017 10:56 AMPosted by DrFate
i dont see why sym can charge her beam off barriers but not mei wall

The worst part is how Sym's beam prioritizes the wall over actual heroes, even if the enemy hero is in direct line of sight. Blizzard should fix this. Enemy heroes should always be targeted first and not a damn Mei Ice wall.

I've lost many a duel to Mei just because my beam won't hit her instead of the wall, even if I'm on the right side of the way behind Mei trying to hit her.

It's ridiculous TBH.
just happened to me feelsbadman
10/05/2017 12:00 PMPosted by Symbra2010
Since people complain that she's not a healer I always thought that her shield generator (or all things she creates should have a passive healing in an aura around them but of course the shield gen's range would be it's normal shield giving range
yea but i dont like the idea of symmetra being a healer
09/24/2017 11:23 AMPosted by SickSym
Something needs to be done. Why aren't the developers doing something to address this character in the game. Why have a character that 96 percent of the community hate to have on their team on attack.
That percentage of the community do not feel that way to Hanzos, Bastions, Meis, Junkrats, and Torbs.

I have a massive amount of Hours on Symmettra. And it was hard work to climb as high as Grandmaster. [In Master right now]. I hope a developer or someone can take a look at some of the communities ideas and do something.

And for part of the community who feel like she's worthless and will complain about this post because she's worthless.....this is the whole point of the thread. To make her MORE enjoyable for the community. To the point to where people don't get pissed off when she's selected at the character select screen.

The Hologram
- > Symmettra manipulates the reflection of light to send out a carbon copy of herself that runs in a straight line forever or until it is destroyed {200 health}. She cannot control the copy, but it looks just like herself to the enemy team as it runs it's course. This would obviously be a distractive ability to support her team in a unique way. {Sending it through chokeholds forcing undisciplined players to turn towards it exposing themselves to damage}. Possibilities are endless there.

The Light Stun
- > Symmettra amplifies light particles to blind an enemy temporarily. The screen goes completely white on an effected villain's screen to where they can't see for 3 to 5 seconds. Obviously this would be a great supportive tool for her team and herself.

The Scouter
- > An ability in which she can choose to see through the eyes of her hologram as it runs its course.

Her Turrets
- > Her turrets need something to be more impactful on the game. A lot of players would rather have a Torbjorn turret than symmettra's turrets and something needs to be done there.

Why not allow her to set them down faster? Decrease the cooldown time? Give her the ability to put 9 of them down? Why not allow her to shoot turrets to stick on surfaces up to 20 meters away?

Lightwave
- > An evasive ability that allows her to shoot a powerful light wave from her hand to push her 20 meters in the air {Think of Junkrats concussion mine/running over it/detonating it and flying in the air}

The possibilities are endless with her. But SOMETHING IS WRONG when top pros see her as not viable. Top 500's frown when someone picks her{ Not enjoyable }. Grandmasters frown when someone picks her on their team {How is this enjoyable for the user of symmettra and her teammates}. Masters/Diamonds/Platinums....all the same.

A character needs some work when people complain the instant the enemy team takes point A. A character needs some work when you get insulted/called out of your name/ and even reported JUST for picking her on offense.

I don't understand why a simple tweak {Shield barrier and Generator} all of sudden satisfies your feeling with Symmettra when there are still unenjoyable experiences all throughout the servers when she is chosen.

BTW...I know about how Platinums - Grandmasters feel about Symmettra because I climbed, pretty much solo queing with Symmettra from Platinum to Grandmaster. It was extra hard work - but I can tell you, Maybe 10 percent of my games were games in which I didn't get complaints EARLY in attack rounds for selecting Symmettra.

I'm reposting this because I didn't think the first one went through.

BTW...Why does her beam latch on friendly Mei walls?
Why can't my team see where the teleporter and shield generator is like Sombra's hacked healthpacks?
Why is it, when I press the ultimate voice line when I have the shield generator activated, it doesn't let my team know? I've had games where they didn't even know I had it up!?

The problems with sym.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759227935#post-7
10/05/2017 02:52 PMPosted by InHumxneTRAP
09/24/2017 11:23 AMPosted by SickSym
Something needs to be done. Why aren't the developers doing something to address this character in the game. Why have a character that 96 percent of the community hate to have on their team on attack.
That percentage of the community do not feel that way to Hanzos, Bastions, Meis, Junkrats, and Torbs.

I have a massive amount of Hours on Symmettra. And it was hard work to climb as high as Grandmaster. [In Master right now]. I hope a developer or someone can take a look at some of the communities ideas and do something.

And for part of the community who feel like she's worthless and will complain about this post because she's worthless.....this is the whole point of the thread. To make her MORE enjoyable for the community. To the point to where people don't get pissed off when she's selected at the character select screen.

The Hologram
- > Symmettra manipulates the reflection of light to send out a carbon copy of herself that runs in a straight line forever or until it is destroyed {200 health}. She cannot control the copy, but it looks just like herself to the enemy team as it runs it's course. This would obviously be a distractive ability to support her team in a unique way. {Sending it through chokeholds forcing undisciplined players to turn towards it exposing themselves to damage}. Possibilities are endless there.

The Light Stun
- > Symmettra amplifies light particles to blind an enemy temporarily. The screen goes completely white on an effected villain's screen to where they can't see for 3 to 5 seconds. Obviously this would be a great supportive tool for her team and herself.

The Scouter
- > An ability in which she can choose to see through the eyes of her hologram as it runs its course.

Her Turrets
- > Her turrets need something to be more impactful on the game. A lot of players would rather have a Torbjorn turret than symmettra's turrets and something needs to be done there.

Why not allow her to set them down faster? Decrease the cooldown time? Give her the ability to put 9 of them down? Why not allow her to shoot turrets to stick on surfaces up to 20 meters away?

Lightwave
- > An evasive ability that allows her to shoot a powerful light wave from her hand to push her 20 meters in the air {Think of Junkrats concussion mine/running over it/detonating it and flying in the air}

The possibilities are endless with her. But SOMETHING IS WRONG when top pros see her as not viable. Top 500's frown when someone picks her{ Not enjoyable }. Grandmasters frown when someone picks her on their team {How is this enjoyable for the user of symmettra and her teammates}. Masters/Diamonds/Platinums....all the same.

A character needs some work when people complain the instant the enemy team takes point A. A character needs some work when you get insulted/called out of your name/ and even reported JUST for picking her on offense.

I don't understand why a simple tweak {Shield barrier and Generator} all of sudden satisfies your feeling with Symmettra when there are still unenjoyable experiences all throughout the servers when she is chosen.

BTW...I know about how Platinums - Grandmasters feel about Symmettra because I climbed, pretty much solo queing with Symmettra from Platinum to Grandmaster. It was extra hard work - but I can tell you, Maybe 10 percent of my games were games in which I didn't get complaints EARLY in attack rounds for selecting Symmettra.

I'm reposting this because I didn't think the first one went through.

BTW...Why does her beam latch on friendly Mei walls?
Why can't my team see where the teleporter and shield generator is like Sombra's hacked healthpacks?
Why is it, when I press the ultimate voice line when I have the shield generator activated, it doesn't let my team know? I've had games where they didn't even know I had it up!?

The problems with sym.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759227935#post-7
problems are literally everything we need a fix
Sym still can no longer charge her beam off mei walls why?
I'm so on the fence about another rework for her, even though these ideas are great...

And I feel like most of the hate for Sym comes from one of two points of view.

1) The enemy. Her beam doesn't break when it should and the range is difficult to get away from. You can't even speed boost away as Lucio. Once she's locked on you, it's guaranteed death if you can't aim in a pinch. That is frustrating.

2) Your team, specifically when Sym is not working. The enemy is avoiding/destroying your turrets, so you're not doing damage or getting kills, so there's no ult to deploy. Sym is useless if the enemy isn't taking her damage. And Symmetra players seem to have an issue with knowing when she is and isn't working.
In my experience, I get more hate playing attack torb then attack sym. Not that I still don't get hate.
*Opens a Teleport next to the point for my team to come back after a team wipe and help take the point*
"Sym switch off and stop throwing!"
09/24/2017 11:31 AMPosted by BEASTLY
So far I like the holo-Sym copy idea! But overall I agree. Symm needs at least a tiny tweak to her, what with these changes and all.

It's copied from paladins
+1 for throwing turrets!
Just a friendly Boop to the top (in case Blizzard missed this thread)
10/06/2017 12:13 PMPosted by Jask
I'm so on the fence about another rework for her, even though these ideas are great...

And I feel like most of the hate for Sym comes from one of two points of view.

1) The enemy. Her beam doesn't break when it should and the range is difficult to get away from. You can't even speed boost away as Lucio. Once she's locked on you, it's guaranteed death if you can't aim in a pinch. That is frustrating.

2) Your team, specifically when Sym is not working. The enemy is avoiding/destroying your turrets, so you're not doing damage or getting kills, so there's no ult to deploy. Sym is useless if the enemy isn't taking her damage. And Symmetra players seem to have an issue with knowing when she is and isn't working.
our problem is we want to play her but shes NEVER working. So were like well it never works so i have to suck it up if i want to play her. Thats the issue
10/06/2017 12:26 PMPosted by APPLEBOMB
+1 for throwing turrets!
seems a little wierd tho
I would like a faster walkspeed. It will help with chasing down targets with high mobility moves like blink, swift strike, amp, and with getting out of Winston's effective range. She'd still struggle against snipers, Pharah and Junkrat, but at the very least makes those manageable by being able to get to cover faster.

I can get behind more turrets or a faster CD for them too.
10/07/2017 09:52 AMPosted by mcsphazatron
I would like a faster walkspeed. It will help with chasing down targets with high mobility moves like blink, swift strike, amp, and with getting out of Winston's effective range. She'd still struggle against snipers, Pharah and Junkrat, but at the very least makes those manageable by being able to get to cover faster.

I can get behind more turrets or a faster CD for them too.
yea but that makes her more of a dps i would rather her be buffed in a way to make her more of a support.
10/06/2017 03:56 PMPosted by CucoMonster
Just a friendly Boop to the top (in case Blizzard missed this thread)
dont worry i will not let this thread die
I'd like to see Symmetra not be slowed down while placing turrets. The slowdown prevents her from putting down turrets in a fight without making herself an easy target.
10/07/2017 04:57 PMPosted by Silawatsi
I'd like to see Symmetra not be slowed down while placing turrets. The slowdown prevents her from putting down turrets in a fight without making herself an easy target.
that is needed but it alone is not enough
I really dislike the intent of this post. I agree, even when she is on defense, what people consider her to be extremely good on, that she brings less to the table than a lot of other heroes. However, it seems like instead of tackling that issue, all people want to do is make her into another Soldier 76, AKA great in every possible situation. Not trying to hate, but I don't think that needs to happen.
Sym isn't a carry dps nor should she be able to damage people outside her range apart from her long orbs. She is listed as defense and is the most defense.. defense hero there is.

I personally get triggered at the play style she has and refuse to play her because she is an xbox game type character in a game dominated by the PC side of online gaming.

She can stay where she is.