Not allowing you to pick everyone on PVE

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
Bastion + Orisa + Mercy + Zenyatta. The fun that can be had. But no. much sadness.
Can you imagine how easy it would be to non-stop win a game as Reinhardt, Bastion, Mercy, and Symmetra?? Thats why. It still has to be balanced.
e: nevermind.
10/10/2017 01:57 PMPosted by Supernova
They could've done a story mode and a "pick anyone" mode... like with Uprising... I'm actually surprised they didn't

^ Same. I mean I get that they didn't want it "too" easy. Probably didn't want another Bastion + Mercy + Rein/Orisa EZ mode like in Uprising. But still, that mode's just supposed to be for fun so I really don't see the harm in it. =/

And everyone's saying how the heroes they let you pick aren't OP'd ... but two of them kinda are game changers. Torb is just ridic on that mode, and Zen's Discord Orb makes taking down the boss mobs so easy.

... Meanwhile, Genji and Widow are just useless. So wanting to "win" this mode by solo queuing is just annoying because you always have someone pick one (or, god forbid, BOTH) of those, and that means you're basically 3 manning it in the best of cases.

So yeah, I wish we could just pick anyone in the non-story fun mode. =/
you guys are balance junkies even for pve
oh wow.
I'm speechless
10/10/2017 01:40 PMPosted by FrozenLover
who made that horrible choice? do you not want us to have fun?

edit: you can not pick every hero even on NON STORY endless mode.

We enabled Junkestein's in the Custom Game browser. You can create a mode that allows all heroes... or any sort of variant you think is interesting.

For the endless mode, in order to keep it somewhat of an achievement, we had to be selective about the hero choice or it quickly became unbalanced.
Highly Rated
the real horrible choice was putting in widow she does not have enough dps when you hit round 11 and suddenly there is 4 hogs 2 reapers a sym and rat blowing you up along with mercy dancing in the back

and anna might as well be spitting at the bots
10/10/2017 03:48 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

We enabled Junkestein's in the Custom Game browser. You can create a mode that allows all heroes... or any sort of variant you think is interesting.

For the endless mode, in order to keep it somewhat of an achievement, we had to be selective about the hero choice or it quickly became unbalanced.

Good point. After all every boss is projectile, Pharah + Mercy would be an auto win.
10/10/2017 03:49 PMPosted by michael
the real horrible choice was putting in widow

Also not sure what business Genji has there. And, if he's allowed, why not Tracer and Doomfist? (I kinda get Pharah's unfair.)

But whatever, off to custom. lol
10/10/2017 03:50 PMPosted by Kryptsm

Good point. After all every boss is projectile, Pharah + Mercy would be an auto win.
Yeah but we could choose all Heroes in Uprising, and it worked out well.
10/10/2017 03:54 PMPosted by KarmenRider
Yeah but we could choose all Heroes in Uprising, and it worked out well.

Because all the typical enemies in Uprising used weapons, in Junkenstein only special enemies and bosses can.

Not to mention Bastion was a hitscan in Uprising, in Junkensteins they are ALL prjectile based.
10/10/2017 03:55 PMPosted by Kryptsm
10/10/2017 03:54 PMPosted by KarmenRider
...Yeah but we could choose all Heroes in Uprising, and it worked out well.

Because all the typical enemies in Uprising used weapons, in Junkenstein only special enemies and bosses can.

Not to mention Bastion was a hitscan in Uprising, in Junkensteins they are ALL prjectile based.

Not just that, but it can lead to a slippery slope.

Sure, Pharah can't be touched but Bastion would mow down the bosses and braindead zomnics.

Now we're talking!
you can even make everyone OP as heck!
FUN will always be the priority on a game to me. Ty Jeff.
It keeps it fun and challenging. I think there should be more heroes to choose from but allowing all of them would make it too easy.

You clearly have not seen how easily the multiple aimbot hogs out at a time will take Pharah down
Can just imagine; Winston, Orisa, Bastion and Mercy.

Winston will probably mow throw the smaller enemies much faster than Bastion, Bastion focuses the bosses and Orisa/Mercy to babysit.
I have no idea how to survive in modes above the first one. oTL Guess I'm one of those losers. And one tank in there would have been nice when 3 reapers, 2 hogs a couple of mercys and bots pack 4 of us into the corners.
Believe it or not, D.Va and Mei trivialized things the most for us... was super fun though!
10/10/2017 04:54 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Believe it or not, D.Va and Mei trivialized things the most for us... was super fun though!
Any chance you guys can add "all heroes" like uprising by next week? I mean just activate all heroes and disable achievements, that shouldn't take too long, will it? Unless if Mei and D.Va caused bugs of course, then that's understandable.
10/10/2017 04:54 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Literally all I wanted to do this Halloween event was play D.Va in this mode.