There are not 25 heroes in this game

General Discussion
Skip below for balance suggestions.

It feels unfortunate to say that there really isn't 25 heroes in Overwatch. I'm a high master/GM competitive player and I enjoy playing Overwatch a lot, however it feels like when it comes to different competitive rounds the game revolves around the same general heroes and play styles. And I think this is fine, what I don't think is fine is that heroes like Doomfist are never an option. It feels odd that Doomfist, which before being released was the most talked about and most popular hero is never in a single game anymore. I understand that certain heroes move around with the meta. I almost never see Mei because slow pushing Reins and Orisas aren't too popular, which is something Mei excels at. However I don't see Doomfist simply put, because he is broken. If Genji dash or Tracer blink had major bugs an Overwatch Dev. responce would be out in 12 hours and a hot fix would come in within a day. Why is Doomfist riddled with bugs yet no one seems to care for so long? Doomfist CANNOT become what he was, where he was a 1-shot champion killing everyone, but he can't become some hero project Overwatch tried to finish but gave up on. Here are some suggestion that I think could help Doomfist not excel but have a proper set role for his team.

The single reason people hated Doomfist upon release was getting 1 shot. I suggest taking some of the power out of rocket punch and filling that power into his uppercut and slam abilities. Thus, Doomfist must rely on executing a combo with slam, upppercut and rocket punch. Punching people felt cheap because not only was it not fair for the enemy, it also relied on a wall being present, which most of the time felt like luck for me.

Suggestion 1
Make Doomfist an Anti Dive Hero
Remove the hitting a wall damage entirely but bring back the old hit box. This will result in Doomfist filling the role of instantly pushing back any dive heroes from his team, protecting his healers, etc, while not necessarily insta-killing his enemies. To balance this out I feel that giving Doomfist more range and control on his seismic slam while on the ground will allow him to help deal with any enemies that he punches away, putting more consistency and skill into the Doomfist kit while also giving more time to the enemy to react to the Doomfist combo. This would still make him weak against Pharah, Sombra, etc.

Suggestion 2
Fix the current bugs Doomfist is dealing with. This is mainly rocket punching people but passing through them. Perhaps having a hit box that is somewhere in the middle of where it was and where it is now. Other bugs include uppercut often feeling like it doesn't connect.

Suggestion 3
Give Doomfist more utility in this primary shotgun. Perhaps reduce the damage of rocket punch but make Doomfist be able to fire his shotgun while charging rocket punch. Perhaps give more range / faster reload to his shotgun. Perhaps have 1 shot from his shotgun automatically reload when Doomfist punches, uppercuts or slams someone.

TL;DR
Doomfist is never played in my Overwatch experience. Some of my suggestion on how to bring him back without being unfair to play against. Please comment some of your own suggestions. I hope someone from Blizzard at least considers some of these suggestions.
Technically, there are 25 heroes in the game. I mean, it's just basic math. Saying one isn't very good doesn't detract from him "physically" being there in the game itself. So, yah, still wrong with that.
10/22/2017 11:16 PMPosted by DrgHybrid
Technically, there are 25 heroes in the game. I mean, it's just basic math. Saying one isn't very good doesn't detract from him "physically" being there in the game itself. So, yah, still wrong with that.

If he's never played than he might as well not be there.
If i can click a character to play, hes a character in the game so 25 is 25. Now if you wanna bring up how many viable characters there are well were probably in the single digits if not, no more that 15.
I'd rather focus on how Doomfist can be balanced instead of nitpicking my English.
10/22/2017 11:37 PMPosted by CostaRica
I'd rather focus on how Doomfist can be balanced instead of nitpicking my English.

Wasn't nitpicking at all. You chose a stupid title, ya get stupid answers. Also, he isn't "never played" he is played very little. That is a big difference right there.

However, I'll entertain the thought. Honestly, he's a horrible player for the game as a whole. Like, the kit in general. He has a stand your ground character build but he's a dps. I would had preferred to see a Doomfist come out as a tank, not a dps. But, then wouldn't be an interesting counter story to Orisa.

To be honest, I think the only real problem with him is the punch. They need to be a bit more forgiving on it, but in no way no how return it to the size of the truck that it was.

Even with the fix, I mean, like I said...DF's kit just doesn't fit well with the game feel. At least not to me. The shield he gains with making successful hits with his abilities help, but then he's just extremely frustrating to play against.
10/23/2017 01:53 AMPosted by DrgHybrid
but then he's just extremely frustrating to play against.

Would rather play against Doomfist than a Junkrat.
This may come as a surprise but Competitive doesn't actually decide a heroes worth. Play Quick Play or Arcade and you will see him a ton, especially Arcade.
I've heard they are still beta testing doomfist.
You know what feels even worse than never seeing Doomfist? Having one in your team.
Doomfist is already a peeler.
He has bugs and need some fixs but his intended role is already well defined I guess
10/23/2017 03:19 AMPosted by Senomar
Doomfist is already a peeler

Yeah, he peels your face off if you see him on your team. I mean, you facepalm yourself so much and so fast your face just melts from overheating. Hence, he is a peeler. Yeah.
Hanzo, Torb, Bastion, Mei, and Doomfist didn't even get picked a single time in the pro scene. Widowmaker would be there too if Pharah didn't get picked either. Funny because 4/5 of these heroes have always been a 0% pick rate in pro and they never get any buffs that actually do something.

I would totally agree if I hadn't watched Mei and Bastion wreck face in The Contenders Grand Finals for EU and NA respectively.
Well there basically is 25 heroes because mercy is 2 heroes and doomfist is 0
I like the ideas, but I feel as if this would take away from what most people enjoy about Doomfist.
10/22/2017 11:15 PMPosted by CostaRica
Suggestion 2
Fix the current bugs Doomfist is dealing with.
This is the only good suggestion here, but it's obvious that Blizzard is going to fix these things in time so even this one is irrelevant. I would give a proper explanation why a hero shouldn't be "an Anti Dive Hero" or how none of your suggestions would do him any good, but I get that feeling that this is just another "Let's complain together" topic.