What Happened To D.VA Mains?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 13 Next
11/10/2017 06:57 AMPosted by kysen0
11/10/2017 06:49 AMPosted by Jasleth
D.Va (who you could mostly get away with solo tanking previously)
Nope, case and point lijang tower. How exactly do you get onto the point without eating huge amounts of damage? 2 extra seconds of DM does not a main tank make.

She has always relied on another shield tank to soak damage while she either goes ham or peels.

I agree with you - that's why I tried to qualify it with "mostly get away with", which wasn't always a great solution on some of the maps. She's just less a protector now and more an aggressor.

I will edit to clarify. Thanks!
11/09/2017 05:17 PMPosted by Acanarina
I'm doomed to never be happy...
Tank Main: D.Va
Healer Main: Mercy
Defense Main: Junkrat

I should just learn a Damage Hero and instalock it and join the masses spamming "I need healing" "We need a Healer".

Your fault for maining ez mode heroes
Maybe the bads got filtered out. D.va is still very good.
In the same place Mercy mains are going to if the current PTR changes go through to live.

Soldier is an easy character, just sayin'
11/10/2017 07:29 AMPosted by Vane
Maybe the bads got filtered out. D.va is still very good.

I would tend to agree considering everybody saying she's still a good pick are getting thumbs down. Like I agree that you can be angry her playstyle changed and you don't like it but to say she's bad is just wrong. Just go play in FFA or TDM and watch D.Va mains rivaling the dps mains.
Well Ex player of D.va since season 2, I completely lost hope on that character, each time that there is change since the Nerf in season 4 (or should I say 1rst rework) are a complete disappointment, i'm tired of hoping change that would make her feel like the D.va that I liked to play.

My preferred D.Va was season 3, she felt really good, but obviously i would not want to go back to that version that was too powerful, instead I would prefer a simple revert to season 2.

At least this one even if not really good felt like not melting at anything, felt like having an impact by using her primary fire and could protect her teammate even if it was harder with the minimum distance (compared to season 4).
She could play offensively and defensively. She was a jack of all trade for the tank and master of none, that's what I liked...

Then... the nerf came on the ptr, complete overnerf or her health and a """"fix"""" to her damage that was supposed to feel good. Well it was just a huge nerf to her damage that was hidden (maybe not consciously for the dev, but still).

She felt awful, helpless and unable to protect anyone or attack, or at least it was not worth the effort, also some indirect nerf were here, Ana's healing and Roadhog fix. With that patch we basically throw our time on her in a trash bin. That's how different she was.

Then D.va's player showed their concern, with some overreaction for some and constructive post for other. We got a little : "play the ptr please, you are not enough playing it". Then that's where the communication with us player got wrong... Some time later we were told that no plan in changing even just a little bit was considered... from the start. Then we got the megathread and other post that got ridiculous answer from the dev and some disrespectful stuff toward us.
Also some injustice was felt, because the developers told that they wanted to take baby step on nerfing Ana while throwing a nuke on D.Va.
No wonder after that the trust was really broken.

Then the DM fix (big buff) came and with that she became a proper tank, DM is now very powerful and D.Va players understand that and try to use it fully.
This fix really helped to have a solid defensive tank and to attack too
We got a last disrespect in our face by the dev saying that they were right.
She still feel really different way more defensive and fragile (aside from DM), and her fire power was not really good.

Then player started to complain she was too good at her new role, and they are right she is but once again, a lot of the D.Va's player agree with an moderate nerf on her DM in exchange of making her less fragile and have more firepower.

However once again they came with a rework, but this time they put a huge nerf on the DM. Firepower power is added we have some clunky missiles and a welcomed ability to shoot while boosting (but it messes really hard with muscle memory). Once again all our time on her is thrown on a trash bin.
Her fragility is is absurdly high for her HP pool, thanks to her well place and sized critbox and huge hitbox, the DM was helping to hide this absurd weakness but Now it's mostly gone and we had nothing to help in return in that part of her.

To me and a lot of other people now she is a DPS, and I agree.
She is no longer a Tank (she always was, even if she was not a main one).

Also some will tell me : but hey she is still viable, hey look those fancy pick rate !
I'll just says that :
Good for you !
But I want D.Va back, not that thing that is a new character with her skin and name on it, that feel like a big, fat and clunky Genji.
I'll take away those missiles any day to have her less fragile.

Now I know, there is some (maybe a lot) that are happy with the change, and i understand.
But on my side I had hope on this those change and they were all crushed.
My trust toward the Dev concerning D.Va is completely Broken.
They did nothing to get it back, so I see not point to communicate with them if it's to get disappointed each time.
And i'm not willing to play a character that is completely different now that it was before and that I don't enjoy. It would be just the most frustrating thing that I could do.

Now I stick to Reinhardt and Orisa. And have fun with Zarya and Roadhog.
D.Va is now for me a mostly no go (oh and I tried her on the PTR and live so it's from my experience not only speculation) and forgotten character.
I am extremely happy with where D.Va is now and she finally feels pretty damn balanced. No reason for me to melt my eyes and brain cells reading this awful forum when the character I was fighting for to be balanced is amazing and in a good place in the game.

Only reason I saw this post is because it was linked to me. Haven't used this forum in months and it feels great.
11/10/2017 08:40 AMPosted by Slade
I am extremely happy with where D.Va is now and she finally feels pretty damn balanced. No reason for me to melt my eyes and brain cells reading this awful forum when the character I was fighting for to be balanced is amazing and in a good place in the game.

I'm Happy that you got what you finally wanted, after all the great post that you did and all the time you past on trying to improve her situation.
Our opinion may differ but I'm truly happy that it's finally happening for you.
Find her much less consistently useful or effective, so playing her a lot less. While I'm maining Widow now, as I'd always have loved to, I'm also being more flexible; more of tanking time is spent on Orisa, and I'm playing a lot more support in Mercy, Ana and Zen as well.

I don't think she's necessarily bad or unfun, I've had a lot of good games on her, even carried them, but her new role just isn't one the team is always going to want or need.
If I remember correctly, every team in the overwatch world cup ran D.VA. She is still very much viable. I played her since beta, when she was beyond rubbish. I have learnt to evolve and adapt to her changes.
As such, I am very deadly with D.VA atm. If people are still playing D.VA as if she has infinite matrix, they just haven't learnt to adapt.
(100 hrs ex-D.Va main here)

I can say that ive been playing her a lot less,i just liked old D.Va's playstyle a lot more,i miss DM-ing our Mercy getting dived by the enemy flankers,not just Mercy every team-mate really.I can't say that she's bad or unfun to play because she isn't.Plus with all the Junkrats and spam you see these days DM would've really helped.It was a way of punishing bad ultimate usage.I still fill with her in comp if i need to,but i really miss old D.Va.
11/10/2017 09:00 AMPosted by Nimzy
If I remember correctly, every team in the overwatch world cup ran D.VA.

As a fat DPS, not a tank.

D.Va really should be moved into the attack or defence category since the rework as she tanks worse than Genji.
I was a D.Va Main, with D.Va's initial nerf I fell back to Mercy... (I play almost exclusively Arcade which doesn't reflect in my profile.)

Now the only thing holding me on is Moira's release. I uninstalled after Mercy's PTR changes came out, but I reinstalled just a few days later when Moira was announced and I have the PTR installed but not the base game lmao. Whenever I want to play I go to the PTR to play Moira.

When she's released to live I'll reinstall that too.

D.Va isn't D.Va anymore, though she could be fun with her rework but she just isn't there. Like she needs a little less HP but more damage, and/or her missiles need to not feel terrible. They obviously don't want her to be a tank, so I think they should stop pretending and make her Offense. Then maybe we'll get a consistent and fun to play D.Va again.
D.va is still my main tank, I still enjoy playing her a lot. DM being nerfed so much just means I need to learn when to use it in the best situations, like when a Hanzo ults before popping me out of mech. Despite DM being nerfed, I still find enemy Hanzo players that are dumb enough to pop their ult before de-meching me. Then they get pissed off when I eat their ult.
11/10/2017 08:50 AMPosted by Jessicka
Find her much less consistently useful or effective, so playing her a lot less. While I'm maining Widow now, as I'd always have loved to, I'm also being more flexible; more of tanking time is spent on Orisa, and I'm playing a lot more support in Mercy, Ana and Zen as well.

I don't think she's necessarily bad or unfun, I've had a lot of good games on her, even carried them, but her new role just isn't one the team is always going to want or need.
Hey there fellow Widow main! I am drooling over your 42% accuracy this season. I can never average over 33%.
Their moms told them to stop complaining on the internets. They are in time out atm. Also lol "forum gods"? Is it really that great to be king of the retards?
11/10/2017 09:12 AMPosted by Mokinokaro
11/10/2017 09:00 AMPosted by Nimzy
If I remember correctly, every team in the overwatch world cup ran D.VA.

As a fat DPS, not a tank.

D.Va really should be moved into the attack or defence category since the rework as she tanks worse than Genji.

Every other tank is a fat dps
11/10/2017 10:38 AMPosted by turdle
Their moms told them to stop complaining on the internets. They are in time out atm. Also lol "forum gods"? Is it really that great to be king of the retards?

Make her underpowered again and I guarantee you people will complain all over the forums again. Saying people can actually stop complaining on the internet is not knowing the internet. If D.Va mains aren't complaining as much then just maybe this is a sign that they don't care as much anymore?
I still pick her a lot if a second tank is needed. I don't like they squisherness but she still works and is pretty fun.
11/09/2017 05:07 PMPosted by Kryptsm
I guess after months of having DM witch hunted took a toll, and having their main reworked for like the 5th time sucks

This ^

I have lost interest in playing after all the changes and reworks - especially the fact that my main has been changed again, for the worse and haven't been given any form of improvement since the game released, only been pushed down - and that it all seems so DPS biased. So now I'm really just updating myself on what's happening through the forums. Don't really comment a whole lot anymore.