"Fun is our number one priority"

General Discussion
Words from Jeff Kaplan.

Then one day "We're going to add a shield generator that Symmetra gets. Give it 500 health. Most of it regenerates and it has no crit spot. We think this would make the game a more fun experience."
*chug*
Fun for everyone. Making Symm nearly useless, when she already gets flamed when picked as it is, isnt really fun for Symm players.
it also can't fight back, and only one person knows if its being hurt
It has less health than you, cant fight back and cant dodge.
Pro Tip: Sombra's EMP instantly destroys all of it's barrier HP allowing her to destroy it instantly. Reaper/Hog/Tracer can destroy it in just a few seconds. Genji/Pharah have no falloff damage and can destroy it from afar.

It's very easy to get rid of.
11/11/2017 12:02 AMPosted by Skither
Words from Jeff Kaplan.

Then one day "We're going to add a shield generator that Symmetra gets. Give it 500 health. Most of it regenerates and it has no crit spot. We think this would make the game a more fun experience."

Could have fooled me but I could have sworn 50 regular health, and 350 shield health, totaled up to 400 health.
Symm is in a terrible spot still, yet people will always flame about the hero they don't like at the moment.
Sombra should be able to hack it so it shields her team instead.
What a joke. Fun!! HAH!!
It's literally a Torb turret that deals zero damage and everyone can take out Torb's turret.
11/11/2017 12:05 AMPosted by SunsetHippo

And most of the time you're better off with a teleporter, but a teleporter needs to be closer to the action to be effective, which makes it easier for attackers to destroy it.

There are days I miss my old targetable shielding ability.

It's also a consistent 7th person on a team that if you don't destroy, you will get shot for trying to. Even if I do destroy it and win, fact is I had no fun doing it. All I'm asking is, do any of you have fun trying to destroy it? Any of you? I just want a raise of hands. This has nothing to do with how to defeat it more so, is it fun? For anyone.
11/11/2017 12:13 AMPosted by escampee

And most of the time you're better off with a teleporter, but a teleporter needs to be closer to the action to be effective, which makes it easier for attackers to destroy it.

There are days I miss my old targetable shielding ability.

I feel ya.

She felt a bit more support like when she had the [E] player shield ability.
It felt more hands on with the team.
11/11/2017 12:14 AMPosted by Skither

It's also a consistent 7th person on a team that if you don't destroy, you will get shot for trying to. Even if I do destroy it and win, fact is I had no fun doing it. All I'm asking is, do any of you have fun trying to destroy it? Any of you? I just want a raise of hands. This has nothing to do with how to defeat it more so, is it fun? For anyone.

Lmao.

There are very few support abilities that are fun to fight against because their entire point is to negate your progress.

Are you gonna witchhunt healing next?
11/11/2017 12:17 AMPosted by go123452
11/11/2017 12:14 AMPosted by Skither

Lmao.

There are very few support abilities that are fun to fight against because their entire point is to negate your progress.

Are you gonna witchhunt healing next?

There's a difference. There's a good way to deal with healing and it not being annoying plus usually the play field is leveled since you'll most likely have some too. So it's not even an appropriate comparison.
Didn't a lot of people say that a character who literally deletes your attacks was "anti-fun"?
Of all the things in the game you selected as being "non-fun";

You picked the Shield Generator belonging to a character most people don't know exist unless they are browsing through a wiki.
One pulse bomb. Totally worth it.