D.Va's "Bang" voice line is sort of obnoxious.

General Discussion
09/19/2017 12:03 PMPosted by DenoDagor
(She pulls the controls backwards while shooting the missiles, used to be the animation for Defense matrix, for anyone who doesn't know)

She still does the button mashing too, but only when she's defense matrix-ing while shooting her micro missiles.

Letting her do all of these things at once sort of requires the animations to be remade. Blizzard, get on it!
09/19/2017 12:08 PMPosted by Xanikk
09/19/2017 12:07 PMPosted by RobbieRotten
yeah so irritating every six second "beng"

They could alternate it with "Shot down!" after every bang. Would this be acceptable to those who find bang annoying?

No, I don't want to hear any voice line every 6 seconds. I just played 3 games in a row with Dva on both sides every time and it's just way too much.

It's far too distracting.
09/19/2017 12:12 PMPosted by FupDup
The bang isn't that bad by itself (not any worse than her other lines), it's just that it's only a single line.

There needs to be other lines like "Pew pew pew" mixed in there. There should be at minimum 3 different lines for it.

I agree with having different voice lines but bang is just very often compared to other heroes chatter, example as Mercy, in her witch skin she occasionally chatters "my healing spell is upon you!" but she doesn't do it EVERY time you heal someone.
"Bang bang

He shot me down
Bang bang

I hit the ground
Bang bang

That awful sound
Bang bang

My baby shot me down..."
I find it pretty lame.

Bang

It doesnt have any emotion.
09/19/2017 12:33 PMPosted by Holsety
I find it pretty lame.

Bang

Yeah, i don't know what but it lacks something, it doesn't feel natural. It's such a cliché line, done at the wrong time.
09/19/2017 12:05 PMPosted by TheFabs
this was in PTR as well, and they made it live even though there were numerous amounts of posts in the PTR feedback forum about it

Along with all of us telling them pharmercy was going to be horrible, but they released it anyway
09/19/2017 12:17 PMPosted by Nere
I would advocate for only using "Bang" as a voiceline if she kills someone while using missiles. That way, it would not be obnoxious, less distracting from the action and would give it a proper oomph and being purposeful as a result. Like delete someone, dva does a small fingergun and says "bang". Now that would be something I could get behind and not obnoxious spam of a loud voiceline with no purpose or thought.

Well she is saying bang as she launches the rocket not necessarily when it hits someone.

I would rather they keep bang in when she launches the rocket but to break the monotony have her say "pew pew pew" and/or "shot down" alternating between "bang" every time she launches her rockets.
https://youtu.be/Xc-tpjyHnlE

I see someone on the dev team is a fan of symphogear
It's so annoying
Oh, that's her Rocket line?

I thought someone was spamming it to be annoying...
Is it just me or is that voice line louder if you are a D.va teammate or an opponents compared to if you play D.va yourself?
09/19/2017 12:33 PMPosted by Holsety
I find it pretty lame.

Bang

Yeah, seriously. I feel like OW team sitting in a restaraunt with Charlet Chung and they ask her "Hey, could you just say 'bang' really quick?"
I'm more annoyed about the lack of animations. DM has no first person animation because the missiles stole it, so neither of them have animations basically. A lot of visual and audio stuff with D.Va is very poorly done or not done at all this update.

Hopefully this stuff is just placeholder or something.
09/19/2017 12:48 PMPosted by Bergmaniac
Is it just me or is that voice line louder if you are a D.va teammate or an opponents compared to if you play D.va yourself?

I know when I played D.Va in PTR it was INCREDIBLY loud, almost louder than the rockets them self. I've not played her live yet, but have had her on my team and it's still suuuuper obnoxious.
It really, really is.
09/19/2017 12:52 PMPosted by Kohaku
09/19/2017 12:48 PMPosted by Bergmaniac

I know when I played D.Va in PTR it was INCREDIBLY loud, almost louder than the rockets them self. I've not played her live yet, but have had her on my team and it's still suuuuper obnoxious.

I fooled around with her in training, the "Bang" line wasn't that noticeable, but then I played a match as Mercy with D.vas on both sides and it drove me crazy throughout.
It's not sort of obnoxious, it is. I suggested on in the ptr forums that 'bang' should be replaced by new english and korean lines.
the new line is good actually
09/19/2017 12:05 PMPosted by TheFabs
this was in PTR as well, and they made it live even though there were numerous amounts of posts in the PTR feedback forum about it
that has been said in the past