What happens to those reported?

General Discussion
Just wondering what ever happens to the endless reports sent in - especially those using derogatory terms (i.e. "ni***r, re***d, f****t).

I don't get how even saying any of these once is acceptable
Being reported for bad language or abusive chat can result in a silence, suspension or ban.
first comment being a blue post, why i haven't seen that in years
10/02/2017 05:29 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Being reported for bad language or abusive chat can result in a silence, suspension or ban.

wow

Jesus christ that was fast

I'm confused about the silence punishment. I know I wouldn't want someone on my team who isn't capable of communicating with the rest of his/her teammates.
10/02/2017 05:31 PMPosted by scayman223

What did you expect? They're taking Reports/Toxicity/Whatev very seriously and they're showing everybody that yes, they DO care and listen
10/02/2017 05:35 PMPosted by Fireboy769
What did you expect? They're taking Reports/Toxicity/Whatev very seriously and they're showing everybody that yes, they DO care and listen
I used to play with some guys that were silenced every other game because they were so toxic, maybe that has changed (this was last season) but the reaction from those were "lol, got silenced again, hahaha"
..... Play fair and nice.

Just keep reporting bad behaviour. OW team listen but it has to be more than 1 repport for an account to be taken cared of
10/02/2017 05:31 PMPosted by scayman223

That's some form of sarcasm, right?

Account silencing is fully automated.

The same team of plat/diamond derankers I met last season are still playing this season and about every 4th match has a leaver.

Let's be real here.

Kaplan himself said he is fine with smurfs, the toxicity driving cancer of Overwatch. I am not expecting anything but false banning of innocent accounts because reporting will be the next big esport in Overwatch.
OP

We're aware it's theoretically possible.

Most of the time we don't see it in practice.
I was silenced for saying "I am Groot" three times in a 12 minute match. Well that's what I call offensive.
and they're showing everybody that yes, they DO care and listen

wait
you mean blizzard right

that company that a lot of this forum hates for just kind of ignoring every legitimate complaint brought up and instead commenting on minor relatively unimportant stuff like this

that blizzard?

they want to make it LOOK like they're listening by replying on small stuff like this, while also ignoring the important stuff so they don't ACTUALLY have to listen :D
Got downvoted just for saying op? Lol
10/02/2017 05:56 PMPosted by GliedXXL
Kaplan himself said he is fine with smurfs

Good context removal.
He is fine with smurfs*
*because they will quickly rise to the same difficulty level that their main account is on.
10/02/2017 05:58 PMPosted by Ardent
Most of the time we don't see it in practice.

Just because you don't see something happen, Doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

You hate McCree don't you?

JUST BAN ME
Blizz post? Come back a day later, a post that normally would only have under 30 will have 400!