The devs know what they are doing

General Discussion
Could we stop with the complaints? They do many hours of testing internally and this is what worked best. They are game developers. Most of us are guys who have never developed. If they think its a good choice its a good choice. How much thought do people put into nerf or buff threads? About 5-10 minutes. While the devs have to think of every variable possible and go through many changes just to get it right.

They spend hundreds of hours trying to give a character a deserved nerf or buff to balance the game. People need to realize that these are professional people with degrees in video game making. They see things differently then us.
It looks bad now but over time we will learn to appreciate what they are doing for us.
Highly Rated
Believe it or not, but the devs are not absolute gods that are always right.
Tell me one thing Mercy has in her kit that validates essentially running 5v6? She is the only support that can not doing anything at all when she is healing or buffing. Res was the powerful ult that made up for that. If this goes through then Mercy is the healer for lower tier and ana for higher tier players. No game should force a balance like that and I can't think of one that does.
In this case...

NO THEY !@#$ING DON'T!

they're screwing support heroes over.
They don't know what they're doing because the moderators are deleting every single thread in the forums that has mercy anywhere in the OP.
Aren't those guys the same ones who allowed Bastion to have 35% Damage Reduction in his Sentry form creating one of the most controversial metas we've ever had: The Omnic Crisis!?
10/04/2017 05:16 PMPosted by UNBREAKABLE

Blasphemy! Your main will be struck down in recompense for this...
Wasted time on rework in first place, why not made a new healer to bring more balance? If she still was strong, sure... Make the ulti ress a max of 3 players, there Im not a dev but my overall idea was 1000x better then this mess.
if they know what they are doing there will be no any error and patch until today
A newbie like lv 2 as you may not has much experience with them yet..
10/04/2017 05:22 PMPosted by Daggoth1408
10/04/2017 05:14 PMPosted by Krusher99
Could we stop with the complaints? They do many hours of testing internally and this is what worked best. They are game developers. Most of us are guys who have never developed. If they think its a good choice its a good choice. How much thought do people put into nerf or buff threads? About 5-10 minutes. While the devs have to think of every variable possible and go through many changes just to get it right.

They spend hundreds of hours trying to give a character a deserved nerf or buff to balance the game. People need to realize that these are professional people with degrees in video game making. They see things differently then us.
It looks bad now but over time we will learn to appreciate what they are doing for us.
You know, you brown-nosing isnt really helping the situation at hand.
Im just showing respect

I paid money so that I could play a fun game, if they make the game not fun for me to play I have a right to complain and so does everyone else.
Internal testing and Live performance, even on the PTR, two very different things. You think if they got everything right they'd nerf/buff heroes like they do?
But I do think people should go easy on the devs, or at least not give them as much !@#$ as they do (we're all guilty of it myself included).
They do many hours of testing internally and this is what worked best.

Lets see what your amazing devs did:
*Buff Junkrat
*Buff Hog
*Nerf DM
*Remove mass rez

What happened? Like doubled the damage in the game. No healing can cope anymore. Mercy had the only tool left, not to protect, not to prevent, but react to single deaths. What blizz thought it will be nice? Yepp, nerf Mercy, byebye the last viable healer in DPSwatch.

Amazing isnt it?
I dislike like your thread ( 'v' )p
10/04/2017 05:27 PMPosted by Krusher99
10/04/2017 05:22 PMPosted by Daggoth1408
...You know, you brown-nosing isnt really helping the situation at hand.
Im just showing respect
There is a huge difference between showing respect, and then just plain trolling and feeding the fire that is occurring. What you are doing is feeding the fire and trolling. Doesn't take someone with a PHD to recognize that.
10/04/2017 05:16 PMPosted by UNBREAKABLE

This is true and they should be known to be infallible.

However the op is right and wrong.

Yes we should stop with the overly dramatic complaints because the devs need criticism to get things right not teens overdosing on drama and creating even more of it. Constructive criticism that is.

The OP is incorrect however on the grounds that it is extremely rare for them to not push something from PTR too live. Which is a result of their own....hubris I guess? Their sample size internally is just too small to gauge how much changes will impact the product in such a wide consumer/player base. Which is why more people need to be on PTR but those who do play on PTR and give feed back MUST be acknowledged and taken seriously.

Because It honestly doesn't feel like many of them are. I've played PTR a couple of times but every time I just think "meh" because what is the likelihood of them actually seeing what ive said and then changing something based on that? (that goes for everyone who does play PTR, I think a lot have had that thought a couple of times).
10/04/2017 05:34 PMPosted by Daggoth1408
10/04/2017 05:27 PMPosted by Krusher99
...Im just showing respect
There is a huge difference between showing respect, and then just plain trolling and feeding the fire that is occurring. What you are doing is feeding the fire and trolling. Doesn't take someone with a PHD to recognize that.
Get back on topic and stop accusing me. If anyones fueling the fire its you because you are insulting opinions. Please take your negativity somewhere else

Sure, Jan.