Overwatch is dead on console

General Discussion
Hello to you all! I play on the console for overwatch and let me tell you that this game is truly dead on here. I'm in the 3000s but go to 2900s every now and then. This game is turning nothing more than to a dead call of duty game. It had a lot of potential but the matchmaking servers are messed up(I literally had a silver on my team wtf) , no one plays as a team anymore even when you have mics, toxicity is an all time high, you say there's going to be a ban but it looks like nothing will be done and it truly gives me the biggest headache ever. There are so many smurfs in the PS4 version and I can't believe people buy a whole other account just to 'practice a new character ' while we have to get deranked and get tilted. This was a game I had fun playing in groups with but the game is just repetitive that's it's just going to be another dead call of duty soon. I know the PC side is better because the console side gets neglected so much more..
then just come to pc, everything is better here anyways

also clickbait title, should say "dead on console", very alive on pc
Dead? 30 million+ players say otherwise. Overwatch is far from dead.
10/21/2017 11:46 PMPosted by Chipps
Think about it though. There's smurfs so that halves that 30 million
10/22/2017 12:02 AMPosted by Olivares2

Thinking is hard, it is easier to spew advertising slogans. :P
10/21/2017 11:46 PMPosted by spunkin49
then just come to pc, everything is better here anyways

also clickbait title, should say "dead on console", very alive on pc

Thanks mate. I have played it on PC before. It's glorious
Also, since when do you have to buy another account on PS4? They are free.
I play console and if someone has a Mic I put on mine
10/22/2017 12:04 AMPosted by Irres
10/22/2017 12:02 AMPosted by Olivares2

Thinking is hard, it is easier to spew advertising slogans. :P

"there's a smurf for every actual person playing Overwatch" factoid actualy just a statistical error. average person has 0 smurfs. Smurfs Georg, who lives in a cave and creates over 10,000 each day, is an outlier adn should not have been counted.
it's dying on pc tbh
10/22/2017 12:09 AMPosted by Monstree

Last time I checked, you have can't make a separate account like the PS3. You have to pay a whole 60 dollars for the PlayStation plus.
You don't have to buy a Smurf Account on PS4. You can create one for free and play on the same console your PS+ Account is on. That's why there are a lot of them.
But i gotta say ... you're just unlucky. I am in the same spot as you and sure ... i get these kind of teams now and again. But the best thing you can do is try to flex pick (which means Mercy or Reinhardt/Orisa most of the time) and hope the best for the next game. Just don't give in to frustration and maybe find 1-2 people you can play with.

On another note ... i don't get the problem with smurfs. Doesn't matter which level they are, they get the SR they deserve right? I encounter them all of the time and i don't notice any difference.
10/22/2017 12:11 AMPosted by Neaera
You don't have to buy a Smurf Account on PS4. You can create one for free and play on the same console your PS+ Account is on. That's why there are a lot of them.
But i gotta say ... you're just unlucky. I am in the same spot as you and sure ... i get these kind of teams now and again. But the best thing you can do is try to flex pick (which means Mercy or Reinhardt/Orisa most of the time) and hope the best for the next game. Just don't give in to frustration and maybe find 1-2 people you can play with.

On another note ... i don't get the problem with smurfs. Doesn't matter which level they are, they get the SR they deserve right? I encounter them all of the time and i don't notice any difference.

Thanks for the advice mate. I do play tanks and not to long ago I came in with that mentality 'let me play mercy so I can support my team because no one ever plays support.' I get a level 26 who's rank 3100 and starts saying hi to the other team. I got him twice. But I guess this new 'cheese' comp is also ruining the way you need play this game. Solo queuing is impossible to counter this.

30 million?

LOL
10/22/2017 12:11 AMPosted by Olivares2

Last time I checked, you have can't make a separate account like the PS3. You have to pay a whole 60 dollars for the PlayStation plus.
You didn't check very thoroughly.
10/22/2017 12:11 AMPosted by UnholyRyan
it's dying on pc tbh

According to the forums is been dead/dying since launch.
It's done nothing but grow.

Some PS+ features including online play is shared among accounts in the primary PS4.

that's 30 million who bought it over all platforms, and it's not concurrent players.

10/21/2017 11:44 PMPosted by Olivares2
Hello to you all! I play on the console for overwatch and let me tell you that this game is truly dead on here. I'm in the 3000s but go to 2900s every now and then. This game is turning nothing more than to a dead call of duty game. It had a lot of potential but the matchmaking servers are messed up(I literally had a silver on my team wtf) , no one plays as a team anymore even when you have mics, toxicity is an all time high, you say there's going to be a ban but it looks like nothing will be done and it truly gives me the biggest headache ever. There are so many smurfs in the PS4 version and I can't believe people buy a whole other account just to 'practice a new character ' while we have to get deranked and get tilted. This was a game I had fun playing in groups with but the game is just repetitive that's it's just going to be another dead call of duty soon. I know the PC side is better because the console side gets neglected so much more..

it's not dead, the console playerbase is smaller than the PC playerbase and you're at a higher SR than most meaning it takes longer to find a match

10/22/2017 12:30 AMPosted by Monstree

You didn't check very thoroughly.

actually if your psn plus account isn't the main account on your ps4 you can't, I made the living room ps4 my main one so my family could play the DLC I bought for other games and i can't smurf as a result.
10/21/2017 11:44 PMPosted by Olivares2

On ps4 you don't have to buy another account for a Smurf you just make a sub account linked to your main and you can use the ps+ subscription that way.

Smurfing is very easy and apparent on ps4