Mercy Carry

Competitive Discussion
Do you think I could carry my way to gold-plat only playing Mercy? She is fun and I just keep losing, is it possible?
I did it. It can be done. Its hard though.
I carried myself to diamond by only playing Mercy. You can EASILY get gold/plat.
She is one of the most OP heroes right now, should be fairly easy.
But, she did get nerfed, will this lower my chances of getting higher?
You can climb with any character, but even with the nerfs mercy is still one of the strongest out there.
10/25/2017 06:44 AMPosted by Adison
Do you think I could carry my way to gold-plat only playing Mercy? She is fun and I just keep losing, is it possible?

Yeah, I did it. I also slumped back down to 2300 and then ended up tilting down to 2k lol but yeah completely possible.
Here's the thing dude, it's exhausting - if you want to carry on Mercy you're not just playing Mercy, you're in voice chat. You're saying what the team should probably do, you're calling out every time there's someone on you or flanking. You're providing a ton of information to the team and you keep going - Mercy is afforded extra situational awareness because of how basic her kit is and the fact that she stays back and can fly. The problem is that everyone on your team can ignore you or do their own thing or decide that "you're annoying" and mute you. They can just choose to not be in voice chat and it's hard. There's only so much one mercy can do, if she keeps getting people diving her without anyone looking back to help it gets very hard and some games no matter how hard you heal your heart out sometimes you will lose the game no matter what. Because of that it will take longer, it will be more exhausting to climb with mercy only. There's a lot of things you have to do right to get wins sometimes.
It could also be very easy and not take any time at all, if you get a majority of matches where people are cooperating then it's great.
10/25/2017 07:44 AMPosted by LucyIsaKat

Yeah, I did it. I also slumped back down to 2300 and then ended up tilting down to 2k lol but yeah completely possible.
Here's the thing dude, it's exhausting - if you want to carry on Mercy you're not just playing Mercy, you're in voice chat. You're saying what the team should probably do, you're calling out every time there's someone on you or flanking. You're providing a ton of information to the team and you keep going - Mercy is afforded extra situational awareness because of how basic her kit is and the fact that she stays back and can fly. The problem is that everyone on your team can ignore you or do their own thing or decide that "you're annoying" and mute you. They can just choose to not be in voice chat and it's hard. There's only so much one mercy can do, if she keeps getting people diving her without anyone looking back to help it gets very hard and some games no matter how hard you heal your heart out sometimes you will lose the game no matter what. Because of that it will take longer, it will be more exhausting to climb with mercy only. There's a lot of things you have to do right to get wins sometimes.
It could also be very easy and not take any time at all, if you get a majority of matches where people are cooperating then it's great.
Amazing advice, thank you everyone for answering my question. I will focus Mercy but maybe play offense once and a while so I don't get bored playing Mercy all the time.
Dont think you have to carry as mercy. If you dont do dumb rezz's that get you killed its pretty simple cause a dead mercy is of no use to your team. Just play smart and know when to pop ult and use guardian angel to your advantage. Also mercy didnt really get nerfed that much, shes still an OP support.
The idea that you're carrying your team as Mercy is pretty self-centered.

Unless you're getting all the kills with your pistol and occupying the point/payload more than your teammates, you're not carrying.. you're using teamwork.

Yes, it is possible to be a good Mercy and reach ranks at gold, and even higher.

But at some point you will have to realize that it's cooperation with your allies that's winning the games, and not just your amazing skills.
I get it, teamwork not carry.
It will be frustrating when you have bad teammates, but absolutely possible. If I was down there I would focus more on pistol vs damage boosting because they can't aim
Well, wish me good luck guys! If any of you guys wanna group up, quote this and tell me your btag so I can friend you.
Of course its possible, I solo-Q'd up to GM with Mercy before the rework hit.

If its possible with old Mercy, its definitely possible with the new Mercy.
10/25/2017 08:24 AMPosted by McNeo

Wow, just wow, thats impressive.
10/25/2017 07:27 AMPosted by mrjman
She is one of the most OP heroes right now, should be fairly easy.

I climbed to diamond on two accounts with her solo q while she was one of the worst supports. No hero that has the amount of counters mercy does can be considered OP. But i take it Genji and Tracer are just fine and don't have bloated kits, and have many counters like Mercy right?

You can check my stats - from last season and this one. I started last season at 1200 bronze, carried myself to high silver last season, and then to gold this season. 90% of these games were solo Q support. 1900-2030 I had a duo Q with a good tank.
10/25/2017 09:01 AMPosted by Fistfury

You can check my stats - from last season and this one. I started last season at 1200 bronze, carried myself to high silver last season, and then to gold this season. 90% of these games were solo Q support. 1900-2030 I had a duo Q with a good tank.
Wow, your...your stats. Your a BEAST as Mercy holy crap.
Do you think only dpsers rank up to gold and beyond? :)

Yeah you can solo queue up to GM with anything.
10/25/2017 08:24 AMPosted by McNeo

Wow, you're like Mercy god!